News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

ToTBellHop

Seems so crazy to leave AK without one of their few major attractions for that long. I would hope they'd build the new Encanto ride and redo that area while Dino is open and then retheme Dino. I guess maybe it's too much work/extra money to split it up like that, but how awful for the park for 2-4 years.
Operationally, and given the apparent scope of the plans, it would be better to close off the entire land and do it all at once. Whenever they are ready to commit those $100s of millions…

jpinkc

Seems so crazy to leave AK without one of their few major attractions for that long. I would hope they'd build the new Encanto ride and redo that area while Dino is open and then retheme Dino. I guess maybe it's too much work/extra money to split it up like that, but how awful for the park for 2-4 years.
I think you are thinking Uni time scale this is TWDC it will take 10-12 years

KingMickey13

Operationally, and given the apparent scope of the plans, it would be better to close off the entire land and do it all at once. Whenever they are ready to commit those $100s of millions…
It’s true that Animal Kingdom needs more attractions open, not less, but I just can’t see Disney keeping Dinosaur open much longer.

FettFan

My expectation is that Disney has no clue what they really want to do in AK and will tease something totally different at next year's D23.

Given their cost-cutting track record, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to decide to get rid of all the actual animals at Animal Kingdom in favor of IP expansion.

Kilimanjaro Safaris will be leveled to make way for a fully fleshed out Zootopia, the rest of Africa will be all transformed into Lion King Land with two additional theaters for extra stage show performances.
And every part of Asia that isn’t Everest will become Robin Hood Land.

RSoxNo1

Given their cost-cutting track record, it wouldn’t surprise me if they were to decide to get rid of all the actual animals at Animal Kingdom in favor of IP expansion.

Kilimanjaro Safaris will be leveled to make way for a fully fleshed out Zootopia, the rest of Africa will be all transformed into Lion King Land with two additional theaters for extra stage show performances.
And every part of Asia that isn’t Everest will become Robin Hood Land.
I sincerely hope no one at Disney is reading this post and honestly request that Steve delete it for fear of this actually happening.

FettFan

I sincerely hope no one at Disney is reading this post and honestly request that Steve delete it for fear of this actually happening.

There’s a saying I’ve seen on these boards…
Something about Disney parks turning into what people who hate themed entertainment think amusement parks are supposed to be.

Just wait until they have “Haunted Hollywood Nights” at DHS with Toy Story, Star Wars, and Indiana Jones mazes.

DKampy

So what are our expectations here? No closure date has been announced for DINOSAUR, logic would tell me that Country Bears, Test Track and DINOSAUR should all close in January, but I suspect none of that will happen.
My gut is telling me the Zootopia show in the Tree of life will come first probably 2025 sometime… that way they will have something new to promote before closing Dinosaur… Then Indiana jones will open first in that section( sometime In 2026)as it will be the easiest to do as already having the track and ride system in place as well having a template to follow in the Disneyland version… with the rest of South America opening 2027/2028… that way they will also have something new to promote every year within the first few years of Epic Universals opening

Andrew25

Not sure if this has been brought up earlier, but I'm a bit interested/worried about how the closure of Restaurantosaurus will impact other dining locations at DAK. At the moment, it's 1 of 2 "safe" options for families that may not be interested in the more "exotic" venues at DAK. I'd assume it would be converted to feature Latin-inspired food... so where do the nuggets, burgers, and fries go? Seems like every WDW park needs at least one standard venue. Harambe Market maybe as it is pretty underutilized?

I'd hate for Flame Tree's menu to be impacted by it as that's the closest QSR location and centrally located.

ToTBellHop

Not sure if this has been brought up earlier, but I'm a bit interested/worried about how the closure of Restaurantosaurus will impact other dining locations at DAK. At the moment, it's 1 of 2 "safe" options for families that may not be interested in the more "exotic" venues at DAK. I'd assume it would be converted to feature Latin-inspired food... so where do the nuggets, burgers, and fries go? Seems like every WDW park needs at least one standard venue. Harambe Market maybe as it is pretty underutilized?

I'd hate for Flame Tree's menu to be impacted by it as that's the closest QSR location and centrally located.
I imagine they would just serve some of those items out of the stands around the park that cycle through various offerings over time. And yes, they could add them to Harambe Market since it doesn't use every hatch anymore.

aladdin2007

I imagine they would just serve some of those items out of the stands around the park that cycle through various offerings over time. And yes, they could add them to Harambe Market since it doesn't use every hatch anymore.
speaking of that area, what are they doing near it currently? The whole area was a dead end and blocked off and had to turn around.

Indy_UK

Probably being too ambitious given Disneys track record but I think that the South America land will be fleshed out and shown off next D23 with construction to start shortly after.

They can then work on that and leave the Indy change of Dinosaur until later in the project to minimalise impact.

Has there been any rumours to what kind of ride Encanto is likely to get?

Behind Thunder Mountain I think is going to be 3-4 years before even breaking ground.

Bocabear

Probably being too ambitious given Disneys track record but I think that the South America land will be fleshed out and shown off next D23 with construction to start shortly after.

They can then work on that and leave the Indy change of Dinosaur until later in the project to minimalise impact.

Has there been any rumours to what kind of ride Encanto is likely to get?

Behind Thunder Mountain I think is going to be 3-4 years before even breaking ground.
Do we even know that it is going to be a ride? Could be a show or just a glorified meet N Greet....

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My gut is telling me the Zootopia show in the Tree of life will come first probably 2025 sometime… that way they will have something new to promote before closing Dinosaur… Then Indiana jones will open first in that section( sometime In 2026)as it will be the easiest to do as already having the track and ride system in place as well having a template to follow in the Disneyland version… with the rest of South America opening 2027/2028… that way they will also have something new to promote every year within the first few years of Epic Universals opening
You think Disney could do all of that in 4-5 years? That's funny.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom