News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

doctornick

What is this building which I circled in red? It is there now and has a path still leading to it in the "after" drawing. Is it just a backstage building of some sort?

1730140804765.png

PizzaPlanet

The move to having two more covered rides (1 climate controlled) will certainly be appreciated.

Remember when we were excited when they opened Everest with one air-conditioned room in the queue?
One of the reasons it’s better that Moana didn’t happen here.

Even if we get a version of Lion King down the road, I wouldn’t be shocked if it was adapted to be fully indoors. Too much of the park has to close for storms!

J4546

the lion king land in DAW looksl ike it will be all indoors. maybe something kinda like TLM land in Tokyo with a bunch of smaller rides and 1 large one

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
i hope theres an animal exhibit

I could see a capibara exhibit fitting nicely in the grassy area just north of the outside portion of the Encanto ride standby queue (something that could be enjoyed both by the people in the queue as well as people entering the land from the Nemo Theater side). Other than that, I doubt we see any large animal exhibits (there are no new indoor areas that would be necessary for their care... like for jaguars). Maybe some birds or smaller primates in smaller exhibits?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I can't be sure my measurements are 100% correct, but trying to align an overlay on Google Maps, I'm getting a total show building size for the Encanto ride of ~70,000 sq ft (which includes some area that is almost certainly indoor queue). If you assume that that triangle shaped area is all queue, then it's ~15,000 sq ft of indoor queue and a total ride area of ~55,000 sq ft. This would be roughly the same size as Journey Into Imagination, Runaway Railway, Forbidden Journey, IOA's Spiderman, or the indoor section or RSR. Decently larger than either Small World (if it's a boat ride) or Haunted Mansion (if it's an omnimover)

Last edited:

andre85

I can't be sure my measurements are 100% correct, but trying to align an overlay on Google Maps, I'm getting a total show building size for the Encanto ride of ~70,000 sq ft (which includes some area that is almost certainly indoor queue). If you assume that that triangle shaped area is all queue, then it's ~15,000 sq ft of indoor queue and a total ride area of ~55,000 sq ft. This would be roughly the same size as Journey Into Imagination, Runaway Railway, Forbidden Journey, IOA's Spiderman, or the indoor section or RSR. Decently larger than either Small World (if it's a boat ride) or Haunted Mansion (if it's an omnimover)

It's kind of wild how differently that amount of space can be used. The Cars interior, for instance, doesn't seem all that big considering how quickly you go through it, though it isn't a problem for the other rides

J4546

The Lion King land is entirely outdoors, with a single ride being an indoor flume with an outdoor drop
oh, i assumed it was more than one flume ride inside the massive show building for DAW....well thats kinda a letdown imo. the artwork shows a sparce and not that interesting outdoors....

Moth

>make land utilizing the region that has the Amazon Rainforest, home to one of the diversity hotspots in nature
>No animals

lmaooooo

i still think we'll see Capybaras eventually but I'm disappointed animal-wise if these are close to final/final plans.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom