News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Surferboy567

Excited for the new additions, I’ll miss Dinosaur a little bit it’s a rough but fun ride. The proposed additions in my opinion are an improvement huge fan of Indy. Encanto I’m sure will be fun as well anything is probably better then Chester and Hester’s.

WorldExplorer

Is there any word on if they plan to replace Trilo-Bites, Dino-Bites, and Dino-Diner with new properly themed stands?

I would presume so but I'm pretty sure Pandora ended up with just one real stand and a bunch of little carts.

Jayspency

I think all of the attractions they call “new” are actually replacing older attractions, right?
For wdw, yes. Cars and villains are replacing ROA and TSI, TT 3.0 is replacing TT 2.0, monsters inc is replacing either muppets or animation courtyard, the villains show is replacing racing academy, zootopia is replacing ITTBAB and tropical americas is replacing dinoland. Did I miss anything?

C33Mom

Yes, they do give vouchers for free Fossil games at MM. hopefully that continues this season. However I will say when we did it back in April, the prizes weren’t the usual prizes. They were generic animals.
Thanks for the tip! I guess we’ll try to get to Dinoland again before/after the MM visit. I don’t really need any DVC Manatees and I certainly don’t need to wait in a long queue for them.

EagleScout610

It's a joke ... I do that.
Premium Member
Santa Claus is coming to Dino-Land!

I prefer the real Santa
23529980152_e86544141b_b.jpg

WorldExplorer

Santa Claus is coming to Dino-Land!

This year, you can meet Santa Claus at the 75th Annual Dino Institute Holiday Party on the patio at Restaurantosaurus.

This is adorable! I hope it actually looks as good as this concept art; that's a level of detail-packing I expect from Dinoland. They even added O'sauruses.

75th annual doesn't make much sense since the Boneyard was only established in 1947 and I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be in modern day, but I nitpick.

You know what's wild about this? It was discovered IN THE LATE 1970's.

Related: Plate tectonics was only adopted as the leading theory of continental drift in the 1960's.

The "impact" theory for the origin of Earth's moon was likewise boosted significantly after the Apollo missions brought back lunar samples.
I remember once reading Stephen Jay Gould writing that up to some point you couldn't get tenure in a geology department if you believed continental drift theory was correct and then a few years later you coudn't get tenure if you didn't believe it was correct.

HonorableMention

Copying from another thread I posted in:

It has been reported that the alioramus animatronic is missing from Dinosaur (not allowed to link but Google it). It could just be maintenance, but the last time a prehistoric animatronic went missing it never returned (giant snake thing in Ellen’s Energy Adventure)

The cool thing is that they’ve added static raptors to the scene as a b-mode. Super rare b-mode that was only ever talked about anecdotally and nearly impossible to find pics of.

I’m not hopeful it’ll get fixed because of the impending closure but we’ll see.

BrianLo

And of those 14, how many attractions are they replacing?
Of which most are facelifts. Almost everything coming to WDW is at the cost of something else.

That’s of course valid, but not what the poster I was responding to had actually said.

They said they were incapable of creating new experiences. Which is completely invalid. Where those new experiences actually go is not really made at the imagineering level anyways, take it up with executive management.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom