News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

danlb_2000

Premium Member
That’s fair. I can’t defend the frequency with which Disney delays projects. But, they were never going to build nothing, as some suggested.

I’m not blindly throwing darts, though. I was surprised by the switch in projects here but that’s why they brought Vaughn back.

With Iger at the helm, I suspect the first thing to cut would be anything related to, you know, animals. Primeval Whirl will be replaced with something, I’m sure. There’s still time for another IP shift!

When was the last time AK got any significant animal additions?

JustInTime

I personally think they will do this in phases. I think Dino - Rama, bone yard and restaurant will go down first as phase 1. Then once Encanto opens, they will take down Dinosaur. They also can begin work on the Pandora expansion and have it open after Encanto. Thoughts?

pigglewiggle

I personally think they will do this in phases. I think Dino - Rama, bone yard and restaurant will go down first as phase 1. Then once Enacto opens, they will take down Dinosaur. They also can begin work on the Pandora expansion and have it open after Encanto. Thoughts?

I don't know but the selfish part of me hopes this is the case so we can go on Dinosaur one last time later this year. We absolutely love this ride.

Bocabear

Pandora Expansion? I seriously doubt they will ever expand it... It is their model for a 2 attraction miniland... I think they are done with it... Yes! Dino-Rama First with the Encanto and Coco Additions.....THEN upon completion take out Boneyard, Dinosaur and the restaurant for a complete retheme to Indiana Joes and the Temple of Whatever...

ToTBellHop

I personally think they will do this in phases. I think Dino - Rama, bone yard and restaurant will go down first as phase 1. Then once Encanto opens, they will take down Dinosaur. They also can begin work on the Pandora expansion and have it open after Encanto. Thoughts?
Last I’d heard, it all closes at once. But, I could see them delaying part so they can spend 6 years paying for this…and perhaps alternate its phases opening with MK phases. But the number of WDI trailers and parking spots suggest they’re starting everything at DAK soon.

ToTBellHop

Pandora Expansion? I seriously doubt they will ever expand it... It is their model for a 2 attraction miniland... I think they are done with it... Yes! Dino-Rama First with the Encanto and Coco Additions.....THEN upon completion take out Boneyard, Dinosaur and the restaurant for a complete retheme to Indiana Joes and the Temple of Whatever...
Grandpa Jones and the Hearing Aid of Destiny? But please leave out the obnoxious British girl with the iron fist…

mattpeto

Last I’d heard, it all closes at once. But, I could see them delaying part so they can spend 6 years paying for this…and perhaps alternate its phases opening with MK phases. But the number of WDI trailers and parking spots suggest they’re starting everything at DAK soon.
They have also proven they can move fast when they want to. The ride system for Indy is in place, but I expect it to be more complicated than FEA and TBA.

Tron, Guardians, Remy's and Epcot spine were dreadful, but there were some outside factors for some of it (Covid, Reedy Creek, Fox acquisition, etc).

And you can't blame Cake Bake Shop which should have the 2025 signs soon.

JustInTime

This would be preferable, imo!!! One and done.

JustInTime

If Disneyland is getting a different Pandora experience than World already has, it would almost certainly have been used as justification to green light for both coasts. Split costs of R&D and cheaper in the long run. Maybe I’m just too hopeful but at this time, it’s what I see happening.

Bocabear

They have also proven they can move fast when they want to. The ride system for Indy is in place, but I expect it to be more complicated than FEA and TBA.

Tron, Guardians, Remy's and Epcot spine were dreadful, but there were some outside factors for some of it (Covid, Reedy Creek, Fox acquisition, etc).

And you can't blame Cake Bake Shop which should have the 2025 signs soon.
I have been on Tron at the Shanghai Park and while novel it is not amazing... I honestly think Guardians is a gem...Remy is fine for what it is... I don't know how they have proven they can move fast though... None of their recent projects have moved fast....especially Cake Bake Shop 2026...lol

Andrew25

While the loss of Dinosaur will impact the park from a capacity-perspective, I think it's best if they just suffer through 1.5-2 years of it being down instead of playing a game of chess. They will need to boost entertainment offerings however.

What I love about DAK is that once they build this project, all of DAK will be mostly well built/designed with no areas that I would consider dated or irrelevant. Even though DAK has very few attractions, they are all high-quality and timeless. Every other area/expansion pad capable of hosting a new project will be well hidden from park pathways and difficult to intrude onto guest areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom