News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

James Alucobond

So, no net gain in terms of attractions? Just a retheme of the attractions already in Dinoland, and some retheming of the rest of Dinoland to Encanto?
There will be an Encanto (or whatever) attraction. Whether you want to count that as a gain or not since it's technically replacing Primeval Whirl is up to you, but it's a gain over what's in the park now.

DisneyDodo

It's totally gonna be a trackless dark ride. Disney doesn't do non-trackless dark rides anymore.
They still do plenty of boat rides, but you’re right otherwise.

However, Disney’s warehouse-style LPS rides require large footprints that probably wouldn’t be afforded here. Which means one of two things:
1. They’ll buck the trend and go with a different ride system (omni would be most likely/logical)
2. This ride will follow the Mystic Manor trackless approach, with fuller and more intimate show scenes.

It’s a win-win

Weather_Lady

There will be an Encanto (or whatever) attraction. Whether you want to count that as a gain or not since it's technically replacing Primeval Whirl is up to you, but it's a gain over what's in the park now.
I assume you're drawing from another source, perhaps one that gave more details about what was planned for the Encanto area. I confess I didn't get "attraction" anywhere in the Disney corporate puffery (quoted in the wdwmagic article) about "a land filled with authentic experiences . . . placemaking and storytelling . . . beautiful region to explore . . . bringing all of that to life." ;)

James Alucobond

I assume you're drawing from another source, perhaps one that gave more details about what was planned for the Encanto area. I confess I didn't get "attraction" anywhere in the Disney corporate puffery (quoted in the wdwmagic article) about "a land filled with authentic experiences . . . placemaking and storytelling . . . beautiful region to explore . . . bringing all of that to life." ;)
It has been pretty explicitly suggested by the folks typically in the know earlier in this thread. You're correct that Disney themselves have said nothing about the actual content of this land beyond the broadest of strokes.

Teddybearre

The rumors are stating that we’re getting an Encanto omnimover dark ride, with the courtyard area in front of the Casa Madrigal replacing the entirety of Dinorama. A Coco carousel is also apparently replacing the Boneyard (Rio would be a better fit than Coco imo, but whatever)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Wouldn’t it be better to redo the dinosaur ride itself, put in a dino themed coaster where the parking lot, games, and primeval whirl was, and then use the Rafikis planet watch area for the new themed lands? I just don’t understand removing a dinosaur themed area in an animal kingdom park when they could improve it and sell more merch for boys as well

Teddybearre

when they could improve it and sell more merch for boys as well
IMG_8137.jpeg

Screw dinosaur loving girls I guess

DisneyDean97

There have been 2 separate LK projects in development for DAK and WDSP. If DAK gets a LK ride, it will be much smaller in scale than what is likely coming to Paris
You think they would go back to the original Lion King plans they had for AK, rather than just copying whatever they're developing for Paris? Obviously AK wouldn't get an entire land, it would just get the E-Ticket

You think they would go back to the original Lion King plans they had for AK, rather than just copying whatever they're developing for Paris? Obviously AK wouldn't get an entire land, it would just get the E-Ticket
We already have Festival of the lion king. I think replacing Colonal Hathis Pizza Outpost would be a nice place, even if Hathi’s is a good pizza place. Better then Buzz Lightyears Pizza Planet Restaurant over in Discoveryland Before 2016…

Marc Davis Fan

What I'm really curious about is whether Disney is considering the planned Encanto attraction to be an e-ticket or more of a "secondary" offering like NRJ. It seems possible that they're aiming for it to be an e-ticket, as otherwise the only e-ticket of the expansion would be a re-skin, which would be a letdown (even Avengers Campus at DCA had an e-ticket announced to be its eventual anchor even though that got postponed).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom