News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

JustInTime

He undoubtedly did Pandora well. He did was he was asked with MB. But why would he want to try and inject Indiana Jones and Encanto into AK? Fools errands with that subject material.

Realistic does not equal miserable. Try it sometime.
I’ve heard there is another planned attraction for AK, too. Perhaps that is why he’s been seen with imagineers and is rumored to be at minimum a consultant on an unannounce project. Maybe something shared with Disneyland? IMO, why wouldn’t he return at that point? It’s not like things are going well over at Virgin. I’ve also heard he likes the South Americas plan more than Moana (rightfully so).

I would NOT be shocked for him to be brought out if/when the AK and Pandora announcements are made at d23 where he is coincidentally, being inducted as a Disney Legend.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Just curious, what is actually being proposed for the Encanto ride? Even taking out the surrounding trees and support buildings, it’s not a massive area for a C or D Ticket dark ride.
View attachment 773716
While not a large attraction by any means, Mystic Manor is one of the best executed E-tickets anywhere and would fit perfectly if they went that route with Encanto.

Though for a larger show building in the style of a Rise or Shanghai Pirates they would have to eat into the park, backstage areas, and the trees between it and Dinosaur, but it's no different than other expansions in the past. There's a ton of room.
1710870711544.png

ToTBellHop

I’ve heard there is another planned attraction for AK, too. Perhaps that is why he’s been seen with imagineers and is rumored to be at minimum a consultant on an unannounce project. Maybe something shared with Disneyland? IMO, why wouldn’t he return at that point? It’s not like things are going well over at Virgin. I’ve also heard he likes the South Americas plan more than Moana (rightfully so).

I would NOT be shocked for him to be brought out if/when the AK and Pandora announcements are made at d23 where he is coincidentally, being inducted as a Disney Legend.
It’s not as though he’d be project lead. But, as a consultant they call up for advice? No reason he’d say “no” unless he thought they were ignoring his advice (as, rumor has it, Tony Baxter felt over TBA).

JustInTime

It’s not as though he’d be project lead. But, as a consultant they call up for advice? No reason he’d say “no” unless he thought they were ignoring his advice (as, rumor has it, Tony Baxter felt over TBA).
I could see him being brought on fully, not just as a consultant. I guess we will see!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So what the bus driver told me this morning is Disney will soon confirm Indy and "Encanto" coming to AK, the latter being tied to the upcoming release of "Encan-two", which was actually supposed to be a TikTok but was repurposed into a full-blown theatrical sequel. You heard it here first.
The driver should stop reading Twitter while driving.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
You joke, but DAK will be the far easiest to add capacity and add draws between the four existing parks.

Dinoland was the only area that needed attention.

Afterwards, they have several opportunities for easy expansion with minimal overhead/retrofits.
Exactly.

Hollywood needs to blow up the hub, the entirety of Animation Courtyard, and portions of Echo Lake and Commissary Lane don't feel up to the standards of today.

EPCOT needs to redo Imagination, Wonders of Life, and update Spaceship Earth. Even beyond that the Seas and Land need aesthetic updates. A new World Showcase Pavilion would be great, but honestly all of that needs to be addressed first.

Magic Kingdom presently has Stitch sitting empty, and many underutilized/outdated attractions that need renovating from Buzz to CoP and the Speedway. Basically Tomorrowland. We still need a Peter Pan's Flight update and BTM explosion scene added as well.😂

Animal Kingdom literally only has Dinoland. An argument could be made that Kelli needs to be extended and the Yeti needs an update, but they did just bring Expedition Everest back to tip top condition recently. The waterfalls, steam effects, etc. all work work.

I think the Animal Kingdom would be best served by adding another ride after Tropical Americas. Dinosaur is underutilized and mediocre and it will become one of the world's best rides. An Encanto indoor ride checks the expansion box that the park needs, and if they actually do end up adding a third ride either (ie. Pandora, Lion King), and toss in a new show (drones, anyone?), Animal Kingdom will arguably be the best park in Orlando.

The park needs rides more than any WDW park, but the bones are there.

Teddybearre

Of all the parks that need more things, AK can’t afford anything down. People are already opting to not visit AK as much, that would make it even worse for a few years.
The way I’m looking at it is that the only way they can make things better is if they temporarily make things worse. It’ll be rough for the next few years, but we just have to keep in mind that it’s for the benefit of the long term (hopefully)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom