News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Movielover

On one hand I love Dinosaur and don't wish to see it go, but on the other hand I love Indiana Jones and really want a Indy ride lik there is on the west coast, but on the other hand dinosaurs are so cool and need to be in the park about animals, but on the other had this "South America" land could also lead to Emperors' New Groove representation, but on yet another hand the uniqueness of the original Dinoland U.S.A. elements will be lost. I'm so torn on this and all out of hands.

Oh well, at least its not Zootopia!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

I'm in the same boat (but I am hoping to change that a little in the coming years). But I also don't want a bunch of clones being added to every park. Make each destination with it's own special touches and rides instead of making things homogeneous.
Understandable, but most guests aren’t traveling the world to see a unique attraction…tweak it a little bit? Perhaps, but don’t dismiss a duplicate here in the states.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Understandable, but most guests aren’t traveling the world to see a unique attraction…tweak it a little bit? Perhaps, but don’t dismiss a duplicate here in the states.

They should travel to see the superior castle parks, like TDL and DLP. ;) And by many accounts, it's actually cheaper to visit those parks than spending a week at WDW. :oops:

WaltWiz1901

Never really understood the hatred towards WDW receiving duplicates of things... 99.9% of those that visit WDW won't ever travel outside the US to visit another Disney park. More than fine with receiving similar attractions found elsewhere.
Except the duplicates make up a decent chunk of what most of the parks in that resort get now, with few exceptions (and even then a couple of those exceptions have been cloned anyway)...bring on the uniquity

Magic Kingdom is an especially noteworthy case as most of its unique attractions - namely Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, Enchanted Tales, and Hall of Presidents - are shows, with only two supplementary rides (the Barnstormer and the PeopleMover) among that roster. In comparison, the other five castle parks have at least two major rides exclusive to them; if you ask me, MK needs one to call its own...
And BTW, what you said could very easily apply to locals to the other five resorts, too

Teddybearre

Interesting to see how there’s way more information about Indiana Jones than anything for an Encanto attraction (I still don’t buy that show rumor.) It makes me wonder if the Encanto attraction is going to be happening at all

neo999955

In the Parks
No
I can’t see any reason for them to not give us a dinosaur focused original Indy ride. It would, of course, not be the same as dinosaur - but it would keep a dinosaur presence in the park and check several boxes.

That’s what I’m hoping for regarding that.

I also hope the Encanto ride is an e-ticket.

JustInTime

Interesting to see how there’s way more information about Indiana Jones than anything for an Encanto attraction (I still don’t buy that show rumor.) It makes me wonder if the Encanto attraction is going to be happening at all
We can speculate on Indy because it already exists. Encanto is new territory and we have no idea what they have planned.

The only thing I wouldn’t mind being cancelled is Zootopia in the tree. Put the whole land at DHS or something instead.

Andrew25

Except the duplicates make up a decent chunk of what most of the parks in that resort get now, with few exceptions (and even then a couple of those exceptions have been cloned anyway)...bring on the uniquity

Magic Kingdom is an especially noteworthy case as most of its unique attractions - namely Carousel of Progress, Laugh Floor, Enchanted Tales, and Hall of Presidents - are shows, with only two supplementary rides (the Barnstormer and the PeopleMover) among that roster. In comparison, the other five castle parks have at least two major rides exclusive to them; if you ask me, MK needs one to call its own...
And BTW, what you said could very easily apply to locals to the other five resorts, too
Don't get me wrong, it's great for each park to have its own unique thing... but realistically there's no real benefit to restricting clones. The majority of the public are not like us super fans and would like to spend good money on trips overseas just to visit the parks.

MK is the world's most popular theme park, in the eyes of the public, it's the unique one and every other park copies it 🤣

doctornick

Never really understood the hatred towards WDW receiving duplicates of things... 99.9% of those that visit WDW won't ever travel outside the US to visit another Disney park. More than fine with receiving similar attractions found elsewhere.

This. I can understand desiring to keep some unique stuff between DLR and WDW but have absolutely no qualms with cloning stuff from the overseas parks for WDW. In particular (given the sizes of the resorts and their locations) I've generally thought that it makes sense to basically clone stuff from the three Asia parks to WDW where appropriate and clone DLP stuff with DLR. That helps cut down on development costs and copies between the parks that will less likely have guests overlapping.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom