Embarrassing Disney Stories!

RiversideBunny

It's all about the difference in our language: I'm from England....

I can certainly relate to the differences in our common language.
When I was in Ireland on business I kept asking people, 'May I please get a ride?' since I had no automobile.
They would then look at me in a slightly shocked or puzzled manner.

I found out later that I should have said 'May I please get a lift?'

:)

OneLuckyMom

LOL. I love this story...my dad used to do the same thing with the characters when I was a kid. We actually have him on tape calling Mickey "Sir".

This must totally be a guy thing - I have several pictures of my (then 78 year old) father shaking various characters hands. :rolleyes: He sooooooooo did not want to take any pictures with characters, but his granddaughter made him. My siblings and I use those pictures as blackmail now :ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Hopefully, this doesn't cause offence.

It's all about the difference in our language: I'm from England.

Back in 2001 my daughter was 8 years old. Platinum blonde and "butter wouldn't melt in her mouth".

In the US you call them "erasers".

Anyway, we're in the Shamu shop in Seaworld and my daughter loves to collect "erasers". I'm over one side of the shop and suddenly at the top of her voice my daughter shouts "Dad! Dad! they sell rubbers in here and there's one big enough for Shamu!" I've never seen so many Americans turn and stare in disbelief at such a "sweet" girl in my life.:lol:

Awwwww...Poor thing!Great story though....Hysterical.

Figments Friend

Okay, this one might take the cake.....WARNING: May offend the overly sensitive and non-comedic folks. Involves public restroom adventures...read on if you dare...but you have been warned!!

:lol:

It was September 2006 and i was at EPCOT's Morocco pavillion. I had just passed by one of my fave eateries ( Tangerine Cafe) and Mother Nature starting called ...if you catch my drift. One thing this gal has learned is that you never want to put Her on "hold" if you know what i mean....

Okay, so as die hard World Showcase fans know, there is a pair of nice restrooms located to the right of TC. I rush in, and there is no one around. I head for the stall to attend to my business and while using the facilities i suddenly start to wonder why there is only TWO stalls in this big bathroom.

( GASP )

Yep....ladies and gents, i was in the MENS ROOM. Why i did not notice the entire wall of urinals is beyond me...i guess i was too focused on the goal at hand. So there i am trapped in the mens room stall....and figure that since i am all set with trying out the Royal Throne i had best bolt outta there REALLY really fast before someone comes into the place and i am discovered and more utterly embarrassed by what has happened....

..BUT it's TOO LATE......

JUST as i was above to leave the stall, I overhear this Dad come in with his son! Oh no, i am trapped!! I have to hide out in the stall until they leave! Not only that, i have to stand there and listen to them converse with each other as they .......well, you know......."water the grass"....

Yeah, i was so embarrassed........

After they finally washed up and left ( whew....) i heard no one else coming...so made a break for it. You never saw me move as fast as i did THAT afternoon at EPCOT. Talk about "Greases Lightning..." i was so terrified i would bump into someone coming in...i streaked like a comet outta there!

It was a clean getaway...but that is how i learned to always take a RIGHT in Morocco when using the restrooms there!

There was a happy ending to the story though:

I found the Mens Room to be far more cleaner then any Ladies room i have been in a long time, so kudos to you Gents for keeping it nice!

:wave:

sweetpee_1993

My entire family has enjoyed this thread! Good one!

I've got plenty of embarrassing moments...with kids and a husband how can I not...

The one that pops out to me the quickest is from our January 2005 trip and my youngest son was 8 years old. We decided it was snack time so we grabbed everyone an icecream from the cart over by BTMRR & Splash Mountain. As we all know, Disney icecream is frozen rock hard. My 8 year old bites into his icecream sandwich and a tooth came out. He immediately starts to freak out...then he saw blood. Picture the most blood-curdling, death screams you'll ever hear. Yep, that was my son hopping around as if he was being tortured screaming like a banshee. We were trying to hold him still so we could get napkins into his mouth to stop the bleeding. When your kid is carrying on like that everything moves in slow motion. People were looking at us like we were beating him or doing something to him to cause him to freak out like that. It was so embarrassing. After he finally settled down we offered him his now melting ice cream sandwich. He said, "Well I'm not going to eat that!!!!"

Oh...and one other story...gotta love it. Not necessarily embarrassing in the moment but probably a story my youngest won't want me to tell his girlfriends... LOL! Our 1st trip to WDW was in 2004 when my youngest, Brian, was 7. All Brian's life he was fascinated by dinosaurs. He looooved the Jurrasic Park movies and would watch them over and over. He knows the different species of dinos and whatnot. One evening at Epcot I figured since he loved dinos so much I'd take him on UofE while my husband had our older son on M:S. Before walking over we stopped at a restroom to make sure we were all set. We watched the pre-show w/Ellen then got into the front row of one of the ride cars all the way on the right side. I let Brian have the outside seat so he'd be up close to the AA dinos. As the ride just starts to move Brian whispers to me, "Mom. I gotta go potty." I told him to just hold it and we'd be out soon. The ride starts thru where the dinos are and at the very beginning on the right side the bushes shake and you hear growling which the ride's story has told you are velociraptors. Brian knows what those are and what they can do. His eyes were so big. He looked petrified. He just quietly leaned into me then slowly laid his head down into my lap. He stayed there until the ride was over. As we were walking out of the building Brian is bouncing along. He cheerfully says, "Hey mom! Good news! I don't gotta P anymore!" I asked, "You don't?" He says, "Nope. I already went." I ran him to the nearest ladies room and stripped him down. Sure enough. The raptors scared the P outta him. LOL! He barely wet himself, not even enough to soak thru to his jeans. I took off his underpants, threw them away, and let him go commando the rest of the evening.

barbara

Okay, this one might take the cake.....WARNING: May offend the overly sensitive and non-comedic folks. Involves public restroom adventures...read on if you dare...but you have been warned!!

It was September 2006 and i was at EPCOT's Morocco pavillion. I had just passed by one of my fave eateries ( Tangerine Cafe) and Mother Nature starting called ...if you catch my drift. One thing this gal has learned is that you never want to put Her on "hold" if you know what i mean....

Okay, so as die hard World Showcase fans know, there is a pair of nice restrooms located to the right of TC. I rush in, and there is no one around. I head for the stall to attend to my business and while using the facilities i suddenly start to wonder why there is only TWO stalls in this big bathroom.

( GASP )

Yep....ladies and gents, i was in the MENS ROOM. Why i did not notice the entire wall of urinals is beyond me...i guess i was too focused on the goal at hand. So there i am trapped in the mens room stall....and figure that since i am all set with trying out the Royal Throne i had best bolt outta there REALLY really fast before someone comes into the place and i am discovered and more utterly embarrassed by what has happened....

JUST as i was above to leave the stall, I overhear this Dad come in with his son! Oh no, i am trapped!! I have to hide out in the stall until they leave! Not only that, i have to stand there and listen to them converse with each other as they .......well, you know......."water the grass"....

After they finally washed up and left ( whew....) i heard no one else coming...so made a break for it. You never saw me move as fast as i did THAT afternoon at EPCOT. Talk about "Greases Lightning..." i was so terrified i would bump into someone coming in...i streaked like a comet outta there!

It was a clean getaway...but that is how i learned to always take a RIGHT in Morocco when using the restrooms there!

I found the Mens Room to be far more cleaner then any Ladies room i have been in a long time, so kudos to you Gents for keeping it nice!

I think I might have seen you going in or out (I don't remember which one), but I remember seeing a lady go into the mens room.

sublimesting

( GASP )

No offense to the ladies here but men are far cleaner than ladies! The DW and I met years ago as housekeepers at Cedar Point and have always been shocked at the mess girls leave behind. Guys may be messy as far as leaving clothes on the floor and not putting things away but girls are just unhygienic. If a single guy was in a room they'd use one towel and one side of the bed. A single girl would use every towel, have water everywhere, somehow use both beds, and have trash everywhere but the can. This is just something I have always thought about so its funny to me that the poster said that about the men's room.:animwink:

I learned not to run in a bad rain storm in Epcot....

On my senior trip in 2003 it started to pour while we were at Epcot. I was running in front of Mexico with my shoes off because I didnt want to get them wet because they were brand new. It was raining so hard I went to the food place across from Mexico and got trash bags to wear :lol:...Anyway, I dont know if ya noticed but the cement there is very smooth and painted so I went flying and fell...It was funny but I was embarressed....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Yep....ladies and gents, i was in the MENS ROOM.
Don't feel too bad you are not the first person that this has happened to. I was in MK last week and as I was walking into the restrooms next to City Hall I noticed that there was a woman about 20' in front of me making a bee line for the men's room. She walked straight in and turned around just in time to meet me eye to eye in the door way. I do not think that I have ever seen a person look more embarrassed in my life.

Alright. I got one.

So last May my two bff's and I went to wdw for a week. My bff Kaylee had been once when she was like ten, Patrick had never been and I had just been that past December so I was most familiar with the park.
Because I was most familiar with the park, I knew the newer rides. Thus, I knew MP. I really wanted them to enjoy this show and have good seats while they watched it, so we're standing outside the gold doors in the lobby, first ones to go in, and since I've seen the show before, we agreed I'd run in and get us good seats on the front row. So the doors open and I go flying in and I'm almost to the front when I hear this cute little seven year old boy behind me, trying to run past me, screaming "FRONT ROW! FRONT ROW!" and me, being the mature woman of nineteen that I was, look down at the kid and screamed "FRONT ROW MY EYE!" and tried to run even faster so I'd really beat the kid and it happened....
I tripped, over my own two feet and, tumbling, crashed into the velvet ropes that block you from the stage! The whole room stops. And worst of all, the little boy I tried so hard to beat goes "ooooh". Embarassed, I stood up and slowly walked with as much pride as I could muster up into the first row. I looked up at Kaylee and Patrick and was like "I got our seats..."

So there. My most embarassing moment ever.

Um, you're fabulous. TOTALLY something I would do.

ive had several embaressing moments in disney world, most of which involve fights with my family. after days of the heat, long days, lack of sleep, we usually have at least one family blow up. one in particular involved my brother and i getting in an arguement over the ingredients of a burrito in the Mexican Pavillion... to the point where i was shouting profanity and threatening to punch him...

DYING. ROFLMAO. :lol:

DizneyPryncess

This is hysterical...

While walking in DTD with my parents, we went by the store that has a big poster of Cruella De Ville in the window. My dad looks at it and goes, "huh, i wonder why Disney would put an animated picture of Michael Jackson in their store window". He was dead serious!

I could not stop laughing - he was so clueless. It's an ongoing family joke now.

As for my embarrassing moments, there's so many. I act like such an idiot in WDW, but it brings out the kid in me. I've told this story once before - but I was put on the big screen in the Monsters Inc. Comedy Club for a whole monster segment. He made me make faces & do these random "monster" chants. I was SO embarrassed, but it was funny. I'll leave my stories at that for now. :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Food n wine festival, SamAdams sample tent, large lady in an electric chair, confusion between forward, reverse, and acceleration, result mayhem, involving antique dresser and plates, tables chairs and other lighter guests.

Stoney silence, except two hysterical Brits. Embarrassed daughter removes momma from the chair then does the exact same thing herself.

You had to be there I think. :drevil: I laughed so much I bought another round.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Food n wine festival, SamAdams sample tent, large lady in an electric chair, confusion between forward, reverse, and acceleration, result mayhem, involving antique dresser and plates, tables chairs and other lighter guests.

Stoney silence, except two hysterical Brits. Embarrassed daughter removes momma from the chair then does the exact same thing herself.

You had to be there I think.

Nope Nakasak! You didn't have to be there..>I am dying laughing right now!
The tale was brilliantly recounted!
Please explain why there were "antique dresser and plates" in the SamAdams sample tent.....??!!

Oh I could go for a delicious Sams right about now.....:D

I have one, and it's more sweet and cute then embarrassing...

My bf took me to WDW for the first time (2002), and he knew I was excited because I had talked about how I always wanted to go. When we talked about going all I would talk about was going to the Haunted Mansion, so he was set on going strait there when we got to MK. Well, he was so excited for me when we got to MK that he was jumping around like a kid after too much sugar. When we finally got to the HM there was a very interesting line set up that weaved back and forth toward the entrance, he was practically pushing me through the line because of how excited he was for me. Well, he should have been paying more attention to where he was walking, because he turned a corner of the line (near the fence) and connected right in the shin with the fire hydrant in the corner. He tried to act like it was nothing, ( he didn't want to "ruin" it for me) but he was tearing and I looked at his leg and saw a huge softball sized lump. He insisted on going in and toughing it out, which I really love him for... but I felt so bad because not only does that hurt, but AC does not help! Embarrassing for him, but so adorable to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom