Embarrassing Disney moments!

We have been trapped on CoP already... The ride did not move for 15min.... Because someone would not sit down.. Lets just say the crowd was starting to get upset.

OMG, this wouldn't have been in January of 2011 would it??? Dh and I got stuck because a woman that couldn't speak english kept standing up with her baby. We watched the same scene like 3 times in a row and everyone started to get up and try to walk out. It's the first and only time I have heard a CM get really aggitated. Now we are scared to ride COP, lol.

Mickey87

My story is actually about a couple dining to the table next to us. A few years I was having breakfast with my parents at Chef Mickey's and a cast member walked into the busy room where everyone was eating and shouted, "If I can have everyone's attention we have a special surprise for 1 lucky person in this room. If everyone would please check under their chairs and see if the prize is taped to the bottom of their chair."

Next to us was a couple, the girl checked under her chair and found a jewelry box. She was in shock and the Cast Member said, "I believe we have found our winner." Everyone looked to the young couple as the man took the jewelry box from her hand and got on one knee and proposed (I don't remember exactly what he said). She turned red and well...didn't say no but, gave him a "yes for now but we need to talk later" kind of nod to him.

Everyone applauded and the guy looked so happy. She looked like she was ready to go home.

StupidJudy

A few years ago I went to Disney World with my whole family. We all had a seat on the bus, and after all the seats were full a family got on and was standing in front of us. My mom tried to offer her seat to the mother and she refused at first, and my mom goes "Oh, I know that I would want a seat if I was pregnant." Ok mom, that's a dumb thing to say. Especially since the lady WASN'T PREGNANT. I spent the 20 minute ride to Animal Kingdom pretending I didn't know my mom and trying not to laugh.

LithiumBill

My son was 4 on his first visit to WDW. His sisters were in line to meet Snow White and after they had atographs and photos, he walked up and put his arms out for a hug, which Snow White knelt down and obliged... only to have my son wrap his arms around her and then "COP A FEEL"... All of which I have on video and in the Photopass shots.

AND to top that off, he repeated this action with Aurora...

maryszhi

at the pop while waiting for the bus my friends and i sang along to the loop. this older woman was shocked we knew who little peggy march, sonny and cher, and a bunch of other singers were and their songs. i told her i might be 21 but i grew up with oldies as well as popular songs that were for my generation. She also did not believe when i said sonny was the mayor of palm springs back in the 80s. thank you wikipedia to come to the rescue lol.

During our last visit, we had arrived late in the day and went to Epcot for dinner. As we were heading back to the bus stop to go back to our resort, I noticed the bus was about to pull away from the stop and decided to try and catch it (I know, another bus would come in a few minutes). My effort to catch this bus included me attempting to climb over the security rope rather than walk all the way through the turn style and it ended in disaster. My front foot made it over the rope with no problem but as I was trying to get my trailing foot over, it got caught up on the rope and my forward momentum took me right to the ground. At this point, the bus driver came running off the bus to help me and was very sympathetic to me while everyone around me just stood and looked at me. Fortunately, I had put my arm out in time to brace myself to keep from smashing my face but my wrist and knee took the brunt of the force. I ended up walking around Disney for the next week all bruised and sore. I learned my lesson, no more trying to climb over the ropes.

Weather_Lady

My sister, brother-in-law, my husband and I were standing on Main Street, U.S.A. when an adorable little boy came prancing up to us with his new Toy Story doll and thrust it toward my brother-in-law, who had not yet seen the film. When my brother-in-law asked, "Hey there, little fella, what 'cha got there?", the boy joyously declared, "I've got a Woody! I've got a WOODY!" At that point my brother-in-law's inner Beavis and Butthead got the best of him and he started to giggle like a schoolgirl at the boy's innocently-made double entendre. The boy's mother ushered him away, giving us the death stare.

powlessfamily4

A few years ago my Brother,his children and myself were exiting figment. (yeah I know.....) when a man pointed at my brother and started speaking to us in a foreign language. My brother just sort of looked bewildered and shrugged at me. The man realizing we couldn't understand him began speaking in English. He pointed at my brother and said to me "Look at his shirt and shorts! Hahahaha look at what he wears! Hahahaha" My brother looked at me and said "Is he making fun of what I am wearing???" I started laughing and said "Yes!" Then I looked at the guy and said "You better run!" he must have thought I was serious because he yelped and took off running. To this day I have no idea why what my brother was wearing was so funny. He had on a polo and a pair of shorts. Nothing weird, unmatched or nerdified. He was wearing a pack... I would have thought that is what he found so funny however so many men at WDW wear one and the man specifically mentioned his shirt and shorts. I still on occasion point at my brothers clothing and mimic the mans accent as I ridicule what he is wearing Bawahahahahahaha

Britt

A few years ago my Brother,his children and myself were exiting figment. (yeah I know.....) when a man pointed at my brother and started speaking to us in a foreign language. My brother just sort of looked bewildered and shrugged at me. The man realizing we couldn't understand him began speaking in English. He pointed at my brother and said to me "Look at his shirt and shorts! Hahahaha look at what he wears! Hahahaha" My brother looked at me and said "Is he making fun of what I am wearing???" I started laughing and said "Yes!" Then I looked at the guy and said "You better run!" he must have thought I was serious because he yelped and took off running. To this day I have no idea why what my brother was wearing was so funny. He had on a polo and a pair of shorts. Nothing weird, unmatched or nerdified. He was wearing a pack... I would have thought that is what he found so funny however so many men at WDW wear one and the man specifically mentioned his shirt and shorts. I still on occasion point at my brothers clothing and mimic the mans accent as I ridicule what he is wearing Bawahahahahahaha
oh my gosh!!!! what an ! loool

(the rude man, not you....lol)

TaraWdopeyfan

My sister, brother-in-law, my husband and I were standing on Main Street, U.S.A. when an adorable little boy came prancing up to us with his new Toy Story doll and thrust it toward my brother-in-law, who had not yet seen the film. When my brother-in-law asked, "Hey there, little fella, what 'cha got there?", the boy joyously declared, "I've got a Woody! I've got a WOODY!" At that point my brother-in-law's inner Beavis and Butthead got the best of him and he started to giggle like a schoolgirl at the boy's innocently-made double entendre. The boy's mother ushered him away, giving us the death stare.

Oh My Chicken....this has made my night. I had to read it to my husband and we just laughed so much. THanks for sharing

I have a good one!
The year is 1990 and I am a newlywed with a todoler and baby in the bucket (the thing with a handle they lay in) I bring family (I had been many times) to the first trip to MK. None of us has any plastic only cash. I bring family to the place I used to work Liberty Tree Tavern at about 3pm. DW looks at the bill of fare outside and notes how expensive the dinners are. I then look and agree that it is expensive but afordable and that it was enticapated in my cash plan. I make a reservation for dinner at 7pm and go have a good time. We arive at 6:45. The place is nice. We are seated and the todoler is given crayons and stuff to color. We open the menus and are surprised that there is nothing on the menu under $20 a plate. This broke the budget and DW and I quickly decide we can't do this. So before the waiter come back for our order DW grabs the todoler and I grab the baby bucket and all run out of the Liberty Tree Tavern and dont stop running until Country Bear Jambery. Later on I realized that what I saw at the bill of fare was an expensive LUNCH menu.

Tom

Beta Return
I have a good one!
The year is 1990 and I am a newlywed with a todoler and baby in the bucket (the thing with a handle they lay in) I bring family (I had been many times) to the first trip to MK. None of us has any plastic only cash. I bring family to the place I used to work Liberty Tree Tavern at about 3pm. DW looks at the bill of fare outside and notes how expensive the dinners are. I then look and agree that it is expensive but afordable and that it was enticapated in my cash plan. I make a reservation for dinner at 7pm and go have a good time. We arive at 6:45. The place is nice. We are seated and the todoler is given crayons and stuff to color. We open the menus and are surprised that there is nothing on the menu under $20 a plate. This broke the budget and DW and I quickly decide we can't do this. So before the waiter come back for our order DW grabs the todoler and I grab the baby bucket and all run out of the Liberty Tree Tavern and dont stop running until Country Bear Jambery. Later on I realized that what I saw at the bill of fare was an expensive LUNCH menu.

Ha! I love it! I guess "Dashing Before Dining" is far more respectable than "Dining and Dashing" :)

luis71091

I was about 9 when I saw it's tough to be a bug for the first time. Now keep in mind that I'm not a bug person...and I HATE spiders! So when they fell out of the ceiling right after being "stung"' by a bee, I lost it. I started screaming and crying in front of a theater full of people and finally ran out. I'm 21 now and still refuse to watch it lol.

NewfieFan

Well, let's see... I almost lost my swimsuit bottoms in the wave pool at TL. It was bad because the wave really took me and I was tumbling with it. I was losing my glasses as well. I decided to let go of the glasses to grab my swimsuit bottom (thankfully, I found my glasses on the bottom of the pool after the wave passed).

My most embrassing moment was my two year old daughter throwing up on a crowded bus after park closing. I was on my hands and knees cleaning off strangers legs and folded strollers with baby wipes, all the while apologizing. Thankfully, most folks around me were parents and weren't that bothered by a little vomit. Some were even laughing at me by the time we got to the resort because I was such stress bag over the whole thing. The bus driver even came back and told me not to worry about it and just go put my child in a bath! HA!

Mickey87

When I was about 6 or 7 I ate at a Christmas dinner party at the Contemporary in a huuuuuge hall. You sat with other families that you never met before as a way of meeting new friends. Well I had a very loose tooth and when I bit into one of the rolls, blood started flowing out of my mouth. My dad immediately put a rag over my mouth and we rushed to the bathroom. As we were exiting the hall there were a bunch of very well dressed people backing up. I assume they thought I was going to throw up and they backed way the heck away from me, lol.

Any way I stopped the bleeding in the bathroom and when I sat back down with a tissue placed where my tooth was now gone, there was another family that had arrived while I was in the bathroom. Their child had a nose bleed and his father had a tissue over his nose. A third couple dining at our large table thought this was so funny they wanted a cast member to take a photo of all of us. The whole service I had a rag over my mouth for a lost tooth and he had a rag over his nose due to a nose bleed.

michelegreen

I have a few embarrassing or funny moments. the first happened in 1987. I was 17 and we were dining in epcot at an outdoor patio restraunt. and I felt something hit my head and sure enough a seagull pooped on my head. we had no wipes and napkins were just smearing. I went to the washroom and got as much of as I could without actually trying to wash my hair in the sink.. humiliating to say the least. the second happened in 1996 . my mother was confined to a wheelchair and her and I had been chatting while my father was busy doing something. she felt her chair move and assumed it was my father.. I was too stunned to say anything but rafiki was pushing her and when she turned to say something to "my dad" she screamed ... it was priceless...

Dragonrider1227

My son was 4 on his first visit to WDW. His sisters were in line to meet Snow White and after they had atographs and photos, he walked up and put his arms out for a hug, which Snow White knelt down and obliged... only to have my son wrap his arms around her and then "COP A FEEL"... All of which I have on video and in the Photopass shots.

AND to top that off, he repeated this action with Aurora...

He better enjoy THAT while he can. I doubt he'll be able to get away with THAT as an adult :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom