Embarrassing Disney moments!

~Tinkerbell~

The last time we were there, my family and I decided to go on Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. My sister and I chose horses a little way behind my mum, but as my mum got onto her horse, her trousers ripped! She hadn't noticed, and although we tried to attract her attention it wasn't until she got off the ride that she realised she had a huge hole in her trousers in a rather inconvenient area! The rest of us found it hilarious, while my poor mum was torn between embarrassment and amusement!

jmargarone27

I was attacked by seagulls in Epcot while walking to a bench to eat my fried dough. They dive bombed me an took the thing right out of my hand. All you could see was a puff of powdered sugar and bags went everywhere. I was on the ground and people were all around me...I was SOOOO embarrassed!

acceber32

You aren't the only one whose had some fun with birds. We were at Animal Kingdom looking at some fish and a bird pooped in my hair. We had baby wipes and my husband cleaned it out. I was so disgusted. Oh, and I've been peed on too. My son and I were watching Disney Junior Live and he was sitting on my lap, I felt something warm on my leg and then realized what it was. Fun trip, lol!

Tom

Beta Return
I was attacked by seagulls in Epcot while walking to a bench to eat my fried dough. They dive bombed me an took the thing right out of my hand. All you could see was a puff of powdered sugar and bags went everywhere. I was on the ground and people were all around me...I was SOOOO embarrassed!

My wife was trying to fend off the gulls in Epcot and had one bite of the large german pretzel in her hand. She put her arm up to get it away from one bird, and another one swooped down and grabbed it right out of her hand.

Those things are NUTS!

koryadams

Okay, so I was a freshman in High school, my schools band went down for "magic Music Days" in 2007, and I recently got a new phone. So I got on Universe of Energy, and in one of the scenes, I hear this phone to start ringing....and ringing...and I say "ok who ever's phone that is they need to turn it off" (to myself and brother) ring.......ring.......ring.... I then just check to make sure its not mine, but turns out it was! I freak out and shut it off!! I felt so embarrassed and sorry for ruining the ride for other people!

My phone is always on vibrate like 99.9% of the time! haha

SoupBone

As a kid, I was rather mischievous. Me and a few friends thought it would be funny to snag a bunch of condiment packets and board the Skyway. We would slightly open the packets and dive bomb guests as we crossed the park. We didn't get caught (this was back in the 80's) but if I had a time machine, I'd travel back and whip my 10 year old butt.

Another even more embarrassing moment where I apparently lacked judgement took place on Mr Toads Wild Ride. There was a scene where a police officer cutout had one arm moving up and down as if he were chasing someone. I don't quite recall why because my memory of the ride is vague, but at that point I yanked as hard as I could on the arm causing it to break and just dangle there. I was dared to do it by a friend and to this day I get made fun of for it. The ride stopped and I remember hearing a CM say something about security cameras or something like that. We booked it off the ride as fast as we could and I was freaked out the rest of the day thinking I would get found. If you're wondering where my parents were, both of these were school trips and we were pretty much free to roam the parks (again, this was the 80's).

I actually saw the ride prop being offered for sale on ebay years ago and considered purchasing it. Again, I'm not proud of either of these moments, but immature kids do stupid things. Can someone build a time machine? :hammer::lol:

kprena19

these stories made my day. i can't think of any specific events at the moment. but i do something stupid just about every day lol soo yep. but i'll post one if i make have one on our next trip or remember one worth posting :)

That is terrible! They don't let you leave that ride in an emergency situation? I would consider that an emergency! I bet he/she felt really dumb when you got up with a soaked lap.

They can't just stop CoP. Depending on where you are, the door wouldn't be lined up so you could even get out. And if they do an E-stop the ride is down for quite some time while they reset it.

Rides like CoP and Ellen's Energy Adventure you are basically trapped on for the duration. Which is why I won't go on them, I would hate to get on and then have to "go" suddenly. And the thought of being trapped is enough to give me the willies.

NYwdwfan

We were on line for Soarin and it was CRAWLING. The sign said 45 minutes and it had been longer than that and we were only about halfway through the queue. My 5 year old yelled, at the top of his lungs, "If anyone smells a fart, it was ME!". We then spent the next 45 minutes with the people around us busting out laughing out of nowhere and repeating the phrase OVER and OVER again. It was pretty hilarious.

Then there was the time my daughter, then 4, fell asleep in CRT waiting for dinner. When she woke up, outside, I was in the bathroom and she FREAKED. She was hysterical screaming "I want mommy" and when I got to her, and picked her up, she peed on me. Luckily we were staying at Poly so we just went straight out of the park and to the monorail and back to the room, with her screaming the whole time. My mom changed her while I showered, and when I got out of the shower she calmly looked at me and said, "is it time for our Peter Pan fastpass?". The whole trip from the wetting incident and back to the park took less than 45 minutes.

PolynesianPrincess

I have two water park stories:

Back when River Country was still open, I was probably about 11 or 12 and I went on one of the slides with my uncle. It was the slide that was high on the rocks above the pool and it was a short slide and then just dropped you into the water. Well I was wearing a bikini (my first one!) and I didn't realize that when I hit the water, my top went up. I got out of the pool and started walking towards my Mom who was frantically trying to tell me to pull my top down. I didn't notice it at first and was soooo embarassed when I finally realized it. I was only 11 or 12 so it wasn't like I was putting much on display but still... lol

Th second one was in 2001 at Blizzard Beach. It was me, my mother, my aunt and her two kids, 6 and 2 1/2. We had just gone to get ice cram comes and I was sitting on the lawn chair helping my 2 year old cousin eat hers. She was leaning on me and my Mom took a picture of the two of us. She made a comment about the funny look on Sadie's face and Sadie stepped away from me. My mom asked "what's that on your leg?" and I looked down and was like "oh It's just some ice cream" (it was brown) as I reached down to clean it off I realized it definitely was warm and not ice cream. My cousin had pooped on my leg!! She was just out of diapers and this was before swim diapers were in. Her whole bathing suit was runied. When the picture came back from being developed we all laughed as we realized the funny face Sadie was making was just her doing a number two on my leg!! lol

THEMEPARKPIONEER

One time we were on spaceship earth and some guy well slipped one by. The problem is the seats have the same acoustics as a bathtub. Here's the bad part like a little kid I was laughing like a donkey butt abnoctiousey the whole way thru. No matter how hard I tried to hold on the laugh it would break loose, mostly thru the nose. I think I was more Humiliated for laughing then the guy in front of me. The worse part was he had two younger boys with him so me laughing got them going. Later on they came behind us at a que area and the kid pointed at me and started whispering and the kids started making sound effects.

riverscu0m0

My most recent trip, I got a little carried away when talking with a cast member (okay, I was flirting... he was cute and worked at disney. What more could I have wanted?) He was crowd control at a parade and I realized that I needed to get onto the other side of the street so he told me to just jump over the rope and he held it down for me but my flip flop got caught on the rope and I ate some serious dirt and got a bloody nose. Right in the middle of a cleared street, you heard a lot of gasps... I don't think I've ever been more petrified in my life. I shrugged it off, he was worried but I get bloody noses all the time so it wasn't anything new. I guess that's what I get for distracting a CM especially during the time of a parade.
Oh man, that was fun.
or
When I was 6, it was my first time in disney world I went and climbed right into another family's stroller. That family, and my parents both came over and were like "...Uhh." I look back now and laugh, but at the time I was mortified.

Patrick_Ears

They can't just stop CoP. Depending on where you are, the door wouldn't be lined up so you could even get out. And if they do an E-stop the ride is down for quite some time while they reset it.

Rides like CoP and Ellen's Energy Adventure you are basically trapped on for the duration. Which is why I won't go on them, I would hate to get on and then have to "go" suddenly. And the thought of being trapped is enough to give me the willies.

We have been trapped on CoP already... The ride did not move for 15min.... Because someone would not sit down.. Lets just say the crowd was starting to get upset.

mvieguy

I have a few, cause it seems i have more of them there, then anywhere else

I was in Downtown Disney, and i was seriously Crushing on a Female Cast member, I was flirting non stop, and because its her job, lol Was very Friendly Back (BTW i was like 17) anyway, I was standing in an isle, flirting, she said she would be right back, some senior citizen gentleman decided to crop dust me while walking by, when she came back the whole isle reeked. She gave me a weird look and avoided me, guessing that i was the one who let it go.

2nd, was in Typhoon Lagoon wave pool when i was 13, I was out pretty far, when the waves crashed i ended up on top of some young lady....only problem was where my hands ended up. she was quite beautiful, and well to a 13 year old, while it was accidently was quite the bit of excitement. she blushed, and asked me if i was happy, i got red in the face, tried to leave the pool, but couldnt for other reasons....lol

3rd. Three years ago, my now ex fiance and her son, was with me in orlando, we were staying at the nick hotel. anyway, her son is a spoiled rotten brat. i got up to eat breakfast and noticed he completely emptied the brand new box of pop tarts i just bought. i got upset, waved my arms around, not noticing i hit the case of pepsi on the table, which hit the floor and turned into a guisher. the whole room was covered in soda.

and finally

Same vacation with him. We were in Universal, and he was being a brat, his mother rewarded him anyway and bought him a slushy at the simpsons store. as we were walking, he tried to trip me, however, somehow...i ended up pushing him into a bunch of security guards walking by (i swear it was accidental) and his slushy ended up all over the ground and pants of one of the secuirty guards

Disney61

Last year we were our Disney friends from Indiana for the morning opening rush into the Magic Kingdom. While we were in the main street stampede we noticed a woman in front of us wearing white shorts....and in the middle of her seat was a a wet looking brown stain:eek:

Tom

Beta Return
Last year we were our Disney friends from Indiana for the morning opening rush into the Magic Kingdom. While we were in the main street stampede we noticed a woman in front of us wearing white shorts....and in the middle of her seat was a a wet looking brown stain:eek:

Just to be clear....the embarrassing part was the woman who sharted, right? Not that you have friends from Indiana? :fork:

:wave:

weluvtink

We were on the resort monorail and I told a family they needed to get off at the TTC to switch to get to the MK. When they got off my husabnd was like "why did you tell them that?" I don't know what I was thinking.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

My most recent trip, I got a little carried away when talking with a cast member (okay, I was flirting... he was cute and worked at disney. What more could I have wanted?) He was crowd control at a parade and I realized that I needed to get onto the other side of the street so he told me to just jump over the rope and he held it down for me but my flip flop got caught on the rope and I ate some serious dirt and got a bloody nose. Right in the middle of a cleared street, you heard a lot of gasps... I don't think I've ever been more petrified in my life. I shrugged it off, he was worried but I get bloody noses all the time so it wasn't anything new. I guess that's what I get for distracting a CM especially during the time of a parade.
Oh man, that was fun.
or
When I was 6, it was my first time in disney world I went and climbed right into another family's stroller. That family, and my parents both came over and were like "...Uhh." I look back now and laugh, but at the time I was mortified.

I can relate to that one, I found myself talking to a cute cast member. She was directing spectromagic and we talked the whole time, I think she was into it more then I was she was pointing out all the changes to me. Later on we watched from main street and we were acting up. Me and a friend of mine were trying to start a screaming for and make a celebrity moment for Spectromagic and it turned out to be 2 guys acting like idiots. And turn around and there she was looking at me like "REALLY ?"

Firepath

SoupBone reminded me of a trip to Disneyland when I was a kid in the early
70's. Some kids threw trash from the Skyway and it hit my Dad on the head. He was so mad he went to where the ride exited, found the kids and gave them a scolding. I was about 10 yrs. old and sooo embarrassed! Now I think it's funny. I can still see those kids' faces.:lookaroun

Last year we were on the bus to DHS for opening and it was standing room only. My husband got to talking with the really nice bus driver about all the intricacies of the bus system. Next thing we knew, we were pulling into Epcot. The driver had to announce his "detour" and then head back to DHS. We ended up being a bit late for opening and I felt like everyone was glaring at us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom