News Eliminating Fastpass and Extra Magic Hours - confirmed as of May 28

TrojanUSC

No they don't. Attractions have two lines -- FP and Stand-by.
Most attractions at WDW are mobility-device accessible, meaning disabled guests use the standard waiting queues unless their disability involves an inability to wait in a queue. If the DAS is continued, they'll likely send those with return times to the exits for expedited entry.

You can sue anyone for anything regardless of whether you're right or wrong.

No, the reality is that FP+ lines will not be operational for pre-booked FPs, but most will be available for DAS (disability access), child swaps and service recovery issues. Will be much like MFSR for the first six months of operation.

They do not want people going up the exits for a host of reasons.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
No, they will continue to use FP+ lines, without the FP, for DAS. It will be just like MFSR during its first six months, where the FP line there was used for DAS and child swaps, but FP+ was unavailable.
Is that confirmed? Only the announcement said they would be using the FP queue space to aid social / physical distancing in the lines.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Original Poster
Is that confirmed? Only the announcement said they would be using the FP queue space to aid social / physical distancing in the lines.
If they continue to accommodate with DAS, then yes. The FP queues would have to be used for that.

TrojanUSC

It was an excuse to justify getting rid of FP+, as they don’t want a second line “side by side” with the socially distanced queue.

There’s too many people with DAS, child swaps and service recovery issues (ie you were in line for another ride and it broke down so here’s a pass to skip a line somewhere else), to have all those people go through the exits.

They want an empty FP queue so people using it can have continuous movement past those standing in the normal queue.

Magic Feather

Yes not a true seperate queue.

Space Mountain also has to send all wheelchairs down the FP because the normal queue has stairs.
And, if I recall, SM requires ECVs to transfer into a manual wheelchair (which has caused a few fun accidents with its many steeper slopes and ramps that pre-dated many ADA requirements). Although, that may have changed with the removal of the speed ramp.

Hcalvert

S

Splash’s wheelchair queue breaks off just before the stairs, where it then effectively goes up the exit.
I had no idea as I have always used the stairs, but that is changing for me now that I have fallen up/down stairs four times in the last four months due to severe osteoarthritis in both my knees (I was told this week I have to wait at least 10 years for the knee replacement surgeries since I am not 40). Good to know as I have no problem standing in a line---just been banned from stairs unless it is an emergency.

Rich Brownn

I think at this point Small World, Jungle Cruise, and Big Thunder are the only attractions with truly seperate queues for wheelchairs/ecvs. Although unless it's slow you usually need a FP or return time to use them.
Spaceship Earth you go in through the exit.... but the wait can be even longer than standby because only one wheelchair person can be on the ride at a time... as I found out..

Purduevian

Unpopular opinion on this forum, I don't think I will be going back to the parks until FP is back in at least some form. I really have no desire to wait over an hour even for the second most high profile ride in the world (ROTR is probably the only exception). Fastpass allows me to prioritize which attractions I want to go on with short waits and which attractions can wait until next visit. I also think anyone on this site or that knows how to use the system waits in lines much less than if there was no Fastpass system... Granted this is at the expense of those that do not use/ understand fastpass. My last trip, my longest wait of the entire trip for a ride or meet and greet was 20 minutes for its a small world, there is no way that would happen again without fastpasses.

disneygeek90

Unpopular opinion on this forum, I don't think I will be going back to the parks until FP is back in at least some form. I really have no desire to wait over an hour even for the second most high profile ride in the world (ROTR is probably the only exception). Fastpass allows me to prioritize which attractions I want to go on with short waits and which attractions can wait until next visit. I also think anyone on this site or that knows how to use the system waits in lines much less than if there was no Fastpass system... Granted this is at the expense of those that do not use/ understand fastpass. My last trip, my longest wait of the entire trip for a ride or meet and greet was 20 minutes for its a small world, there is no way that would happen again without fastpasses.
With the parks at a limited capacity it definitely could happen.

Mainahman

With the parks at a limited capacity it definitely could happen.
Thats what were thinking. We HATE fastpass plus, as i dont know 60 days out what day or time i want to ride anything. We usually dont get any till were there anyways, see whats available, parade and firework dodge to get the big ticket items on our list with little or no wait. All the planning ruins Disney for us.

JohnD

You realize the Achilles heel of FP is that while you get your FPs for the FP line, it extends the standby line where you really had to stand in line for over an hour. Virtual queue for everyone means that while you may have a wait, you're not actually in a line.

Purduevian

You realize the Achilles heel of FP is that while you get your FPs for the FP line, it extends the standby line where you really had to stand in line for over an hour. Virtual queue for everyone means that while you may have a wait, you're not actually in a line.

Of course, the amount of people that can ride a ride is static and lines can't magically decrease. However given my familiarity with the parks and FP+ (as I'm sure most on this forum are) I'm positive I wait in line for less time over the course of a day/trip than if FP+ was eliminated. The hit really comes to people that do not use, or misuse the fastpass system and end up spending more time in line throughout the day than they would without FP+. Personally FP+ is extremely helpful and saves me a lot of time on a trip and thus has a lot of value to me, I do realize this is not the case for everyone though and I see why some want it eliminated.

KaliSplash

Just remember, the original purpose of FastPass is to have you standing around in a shop or getting something from a cart while you wait for your fastpass window to open, rather than troop across the park for something else. in exchange for you hanging around, snacking and shopping, you get the value of getting one 3 attractions/per day faster than you would have otherwise. Fastpass is designed to increase your park purchases, while giving you the value of shorter lines for 3 attractions.

sbunit

I think what all this really does is open up the door for a paid fastpass system. Possibly also in conjunction with virtual queuing. If Disney ever had an opportunity to just re-set everything and implement these "big changes" they may have always desired, this is it.

rowrbazzle

Of course, the amount of people that can ride a ride is static and lines can't magically decrease. However given my familiarity with the parks and FP+ (as I'm sure most on this forum are) I'm positive I wait in line for less time over the course of a day/trip than if FP+ was eliminated. The hit really comes to people that do not use, or misuse the fastpass system and end up spending more time in line throughout the day than they would without FP+. Personally FP+ is extremely helpful and saves me a lot of time on a trip and thus has a lot of value to me, I do realize this is not the case for everyone though and I see why some want it eliminated.

It's been the same way for us. We always plan midday breaks and half the time we wind up not taking them because we're able to keep getting more passes. My kids are totally spoiled; I can only think of one time where they've waited more than 30 minutes for an attraction. We probably wind up spending more too, as we're in the parks longer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom