Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

Phroobar

Do you guys get preshow entertainment from Maria Menounos at the movie theater? Do you ever play that AR phone game they put on the screen before the movie?

iu

TalkingHead

Do you guys get preshow entertainment from Maria Menounos at the movie theater? Do you ever play that AR phone game they put on the screen before the movie?

iu
I usually arrive late enough to miss her shtick and some trailers. The exhibition end of the movie business has done the experience no favors. There are 20min of trailers and AMC promos before movies at my multiplexes. Combined with the shoddy projection that is often not perfectly framed, the exhausting running times, the volume and bad sound mixing for many titles…yeah, it’s little wonder that audiences have become less enchanted with theaters.

Cmdr_Crimson

iu
By the time your trying to get a connection with your phone's data and turning the app on you'd have at least 10 seconds to fight the alien swarm..In other words no it's not worth it...😂

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like there’s hope!🥹

There isn't much competition this weekend, so its possible that Elemental has a rebound second weekend.

As the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before the hatch. Meaning that until the movie leaves theaters its still making money.

TsWade2

There isn't much competition this weekend, so its possible that Elemental has a rebound second weekend.

As the old saying goes, don't count your chickens before the hatch. Meaning that until the movie leaves theaters its still making money.
That’s true. Very good point.

Animaniac93-98

I usually arrive late enough to miss her shtick and some trailers. The exhibition end of the movie business has done the experience no favors. There are 20min of trailers and AMC promos before movies at my multiplexes. Combined with the shoddy projection that is often not perfectly framed, the exhausting running times, the volume and bad sound mixing for many titles…yeah, it’s little wonder that audiences have become less enchanted with theaters.

Same. When the first commercials start, that's my cue to use the restroom and get snacks. By the time I finish, I miss most of that stuff.

Slpy3270

Something weird is happening.

Elemental just barely lost out to The Flash in the US on Tuesday. Possible that it beat out The Flash yesterday.

Positive word-of-mouth and The Flash's spectacular downfall in terms of expectations may allow it to take the no. 1 spot this weekend.

Doesn't mean Elemental won't lose money, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually loses less money than Strange World (and a lot less money than The Flash) should it leg out well (and do better than expected in the markets where it's not yet open).

Ghost93

Elemental just barely lost out to The Flash in the US on Tuesday. Possible that it beat out The Flash yesterday.

Positive word-of-mouth and The Flash's spectacular downfall in terms of expectations may allow it to take the no. 1 spot this weekend.

Doesn't mean Elemental won't lose money, but it wouldn't surprise me if it actually loses less money than Strange World (and a lot less money than The Flash) should it leg out well (and do better than expected in the markets where it's not yet open).
It will beat Strange World this weekend, though I expect it to make less than Lightyear unless it continues to hold well the next month. I think the best-case scenario would be it legging out to $300-$400 million worldwide, but I'm betting on it making $200-$250 million worldwide.

Slpy3270

It will beat Strange World this weekend, though I expect it to make less than Lightyear unless it continues to hold well the next month. I think the best-case scenario would be it legging out to $300-$400 million worldwide, but I'm betting on it making $200-$250 million worldwide.
Ruby Gillman looks DOA at this point. Universal not doing much in the way of marketing unless reception is really positive. That it's opening against Indy 5 certainly isn't helping.

Ghost93

Ruby Gillman looks DOA at this point. Universal not doing much in the way of marketing unless reception is really positive. That it's opening against Indy 5 certainly isn't helping.
Indy and Ruby aren't targeting the same audience, but the issue is that Indy will take up all of the news coverage, meaning Ruby will likely slip under the radar.

Disstevefan1

ElementalMayLoseLess.jpg

doctornick

I don’t think it’s really that weird, but it is more a reflection of The Flash than Elemental. Outside of a few hard core fans of DC and a few people interested in seeing Keaton as Batman again, there’s really very little excitement for The Flash, the lead actor is trash and the film apparently isn’t very good. It is going to collapse from its already low starting point.

WorldExplorer

I like to see how many of the things they're putting front and center for advertising are failing whenever I go to Hollywood Studios.

Today there was this movie, Little Mermaid, AND Peter Pan and Wendy all in a row!

d66254_03db32620c7f4279ab10e4ecdc597dd2~mv2.gif

(Okay, I believe there was a book between them. That doesn't count.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom