Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

Phroobar

I can take or leave Elemental. I'd be just as happy seeing it on Disney+.
However Asteroid City looks really fun. It opens the same day.
I hear once you get pass the first hour the Flash, it becomes a really good movie. I think that opens the same day too.

Disstevefan1

I always make my movie viewing choices by what is on the terminal connector walls at LAX.
Doesn't everybody?
I have seen a lot of Ads for Elemental, on Web, cable TV, YouTube, Roku.

But you do have a point, one excuse locked and loaded is "They spent on marketing, just not enough, and in the wrong places."

CaptainAmerica

1686167777258.png

I can't even...

TalkingHead

Whatever you think of the Elemental marketing, at least Disney hasn’t stooped to grabbing pull-quotes from minor Twitter accounts like DC did with The Flash. Just saw a commercial for that one which uses a “best film of the year” quote from a 900-like tweet posted by an account with 5k followers. Desperation.

TalkingHead

Just saw an Elemental tv spot that was remarkably weak. The voiceover says something along the lines of “two unexpected friends who become heroes.” Starting to wonder if this is going to do Lightyear numbers, or worse.

jrice

Disney has not made a profit on any of their movies so far this year and very likely the rest of the year. That makes me really bummed out. I love Disney and especially their parks. I also love their movies and how they an effect of my kids. When I see them sing the songs but also I have goose bump feeling (like Tangled - the boat scene) that is why I love them.

I want more of that! When I go to the parks and hear the music or see my kids scream of excitement to the characters it makes my heart warm. The latest set of movies (to me) are missing that and why is that?

Last edited:

BrianLo

Disney has not made a profit on any of their movies so far this year and very likely the rest of the year. That makes me really bummed out. I love Disney and especially their parks. I also love their movies and how they an effect of my kids. When I see them sing the songs but also I have goose bump feeling (like Tangled - the boat scene) that is why I love them.

I want more of that! When I go to the parks and hear the music or see my kids scream of excitement to the characters it makes my heart warm. The latest set of movies (to me) are missing that and why is that?

Because the next WDAS musical isn't out until November?

I'm sure the kids are into Encanto.

Last edited by a moderator:

mickEblu

I’m not sure Elemental will be a flop. I don’t think it’ll be huge but I think it’ll do OK. It looks family friendly (have to do my research after Strange World/ Lightyear on Disney movies now before taking the kids) and kids just got out of school for summer vacation. I feel like my family is a decent barometer for some of these things. If we’re going to see a movie it’s probably going to do Ok.

I do wonder though if they’ve lost a lot of families who are not willing to do the research or give any of their movies a chance for a while.

MickeyMouse10

This one is going to be a bomb just like Little Mermaid and Indiana Jones 5. Because Disney doesn't have the best people running their company right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

TalkingHead

I’m not sure Elemental will be a flop. I don’t think it’ll be huge but I think it’ll do OK. It looks family friendly (have to do my research after Strange World/ Lightyear on Disney movies now before taking the kids) and kids just got out of school for summer vacation. I feel like my family is a decent barometer for some of these things. If we’re going to see a movie it’s probably going to do Ok.

I do wonder though if they’ve lost a lot of families who are not willing to do the research or give any of their movies a chance for a while.
Certainly it’s a test of the Pixar brand name. The concept isn’t simple, or the marketing hasn’t made it clear what the story is. That wasn’t a problem when people showed up because of Pixar’s track record. Will be interesting to see if the studio name draws people in for this one.

mickEblu

Certainly it’s a test of the Pixar brand name. The concept isn’t simple, or the marketing hasn’t made it clear what the story is. That wasn’t a problem when people showed up because of Pixar’s track record. Will be interesting to see if the studio name draws people in for this one.

Yeah, I agree.

The timing works for us. Son is off for Summer vacation. We're looking for something to do. He wants to see it. We've never taken our almost three year old daughter to the movies. Aesthetically looks nice.

MoonRakerSCM

To jump in a bit, I'm intrigued by Elemental.

What I think was always Pixar's strong suit was creating worlds... and showing us the fun and interesting ways they work/function. I've felt they've gotten away from that in recent films... showing a lack of creative storytelling and world building abilities. Elemental looks to get back to that... and I'm hopeful.

Lightyear and Turning Red had no creative world building. Elemental has already shown some interesting things in the trailers so I'll probably catch it in the theatre.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom