Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

dreday3

Elemental was featured on the morning news this morning so I watched the trailer.

While the story is a tale as old as time, the imagery looks fantastic! I will watch to just see the beautiful colors, the way they portray each element interacting in the physicality of their worlds and the worlds of the other elements.

Overall I think will be joyful and I love, love, love father/daughter stories. :)

Casper Gutman

Elemental is tracking to flop with a $40m opening weekend.

Disney really hurt Pixar by shoving Soul, Luca, and Turning Red out on streaming. Honestly, it's probably the one mistake for which Chapek bears the full, unmitigated blame. I have no idea how you rebuild the theatrical strength on Pixar originals - and no, it isn't the quality of the production that's an issue here.

Ghost93

Disney really hurt Pixar by shoving Soul, Luca, and Turning Red out on streaming. Honestly, it's probably the one mistake for which Chapek bears the full, unmitigated blame. I have no idea how you rebuild the theatrical strength on Pixar originals - and no, it isn't the quality of the production that's an issue here.
I could maybe see an excuse for Soul being a one-time COVID exception in 2020. But there were zero valid reasons to send Luca and Turning Red straight to streaming, as both came out after the vaccine was widely available. Turning Red came out three months after Spider-man: No Way Home made almost $2 billion.

Vegas Disney Fan

I’ve seen dozens of commercials for the Little Mermaid and for the Flash and still haven’t seen a single commercial for Elemental without searching for it on YouTube.

Maybe they’ll start after Mermaid opens this weekend?

I’m also left wondering how Miller has survived his half dozen allegations when actors have been cancelled for doing much less than he’s accused of.

DKampy

I’ve seen dozens of commercials for the Little Mermaid and for the Flash and still haven’t seen a single commercial for Elemental without searching for it on YouTube.
Maybe they’ll start after Mermaid opens this weekend?

I’m also left wondering how Miller has survived his half dozen allegations when actors have been cancelled for doing much less than he’s accused of.
I have started to see some ads for Elemental this week….it seems Disney is starting to ramp up promotion now that Mermaid is here

I don’t think Ezra has Survived….this was already filmed when the allegations were mounting…I think dc was going to see what they can get out of it….which is why they have been screening it early….apparently the Flash is quite good and are trying to create buzz ..which appears to be working since I sense some excitement….IMO…I think Michael Keaton returning as Batman also has something to do with it….I am pretty sure we will not see Ezra working in Hollywood after this

Last edited:

tcool123

I saw a TV commercial for Elemental today.

A trailer for it precedes The Little Mermaid.
My showing strangely did not have any for Elemental I did see some for some Lions Gate movie called White Bird maybe, The Marvels, Haunted Mansion, Ruby Gillman, Spiderverse, Wish and Barbie the obvious hero of the summer box office.

Disstevefan1

Elemental is tracking to flop with a $40m opening weekend.

$40m seems like a real low estimate.

This plot has been done many times before, but if there is enough good comedy in it, that will make the movie a success in my opinion.

Phroobar

I guess Pixar will have to go back doing sequels for a while if they want to get back on track of the box office.
They have two movies to release before the Inside Out sequel.
The Flash isn't doing too well that weekend for advanced sales, also.
I can't see anyone doing an advanced presale of movie tickets anymore unless out of convenience because it fits in their schedule. This isn't Star Wars where you camp out for weeks at the one movie theater with one screen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They have two movies to release before the Inside Out sequel.

I can't see anyone doing an advanced presale of movie tickets anymore unless out of convenience because it fits in their schedule. This isn't Star Wars where you camp out for weeks at the one movie theater with one screen.
A lot of this good projections / bad projections stuff is based on advance ticket sales. I got advanced tickets for the D&D movie, Guardians, the Ariel show, Elemental, Flash, and Indiana's Big Retirement Party.

Phroobar

A lot of this good projections / bad projections stuff is based on advance ticket sales. I got advanced tickets for the D&D movie, Guardians, the Ariel show, Elemental, Flash, and Indiana's Big Retirement Party.
Which seems silly because odds are you will be one of a handful in the theater. I went to GOTG3 during an 8pm show on the first day and it was only half full. Of course the theater had a showing every half hour over four rooms. Unless you really want a certain seat at a certain time at a certain small theater, there is no reason to buy in advance.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Which seems silly because odds are you will be one of a handful in the theater. I went to GOTG3 during an 8pm show on the first day and it was only half full. Of course the theater had a showing every half hour over four rooms. Unless you really want a certain seat at a certain time at a certain small theater, there is no reason to buy in advance.
All depends on the area of the country, larger metro areas tend to have sold out theaters for the premium screens during prime times opening weekends for the larger movies.

In smaller areas outside the metro areas you can potentially have half full theaters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom