Elemental (Pixar - June 2023)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which seems silly because odds are you will be one of a handful in the theater. I went to GOTG3 during an 8pm show on the first day and it was only half full. Of course the theater had a showing every half hour over four rooms. Unless you really want a certain seat at a certain time at a certain small theater, there is no reason to buy in advance.
I got GotG3 advanced tickets the day they became available, and by the time I checked for seating on the Thursday night premiere several theaters and times were mostly sold out. And this is a multiplex that had it going in 4 to 5 theaters.

If I don't get advanced tickets, I don't get to watch the movie on opening night in good seats at a reasonable time.

TsWade2

Okay, today is the day or tomorrow that we'll find out the critics verdict of what they think of Elemental. Fingers crossed!

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like the Elemental review embargo has lifted following the debut at Cannes Film Festival.

Last edited:

Ghost93

Okay, today is the day or tomorrow that we'll find out the critics verdict of what they think of Elemental. Fingers crossed!
Seems like there isn't a "verdict" so far, as some seem to love it and others think it's over complicated and too sentimental.

TsWade2

Looks like the Elemental review embargo has lifted following the debut at Cannes Film Festival.

Hey, not bad! I guess there's hope for Elemental after all.🥹

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Expect the Cannes critics to be a bit less self indulgent than most other critics or the general populace.

Each of the posted reviews included a TED Talk analyzing Pixar's history for some reason. :)

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Whee! There’s more hope of Elemental doing well at the box office!:D

Well... to discredit my Disney Shill cred... most Cannes films get long standing ovations. Some go on a really long time. So, six minutes is good, but not extraordinary. I think I remember reading that IJ-Dial of Disney *only* got 5 minutes and that was considered tepid.

My guess is that they're applauding movie making in general (as well as the film they just saw) and are encouraging film makers to keep producing good content more so than they are falling into flights of ecstasy brought on by that particular film.

Ghost93

Well... to discredit my Disney Shill cred... most Cannes films get long standing ovations. Some go on a really long time. So, six minutes is good, but not extraordinary. I think I remember reading that IJ-Dial of Disney *only* got 5 minutes and that was considered tepid.

My guess is that they're applauding movie making in general (as well as the film they just saw) and are encouraging film makers to keep producing good content more so than they are falling into flights of ecstasy brought on by that particular film.

I can't imagine clapping more than one minute. These 5-10 minute long standing ovations that often happen at Cannes would get boring pretty quick.

doctornick

I can't imagine clapping more than one minute. These 5-10 minute long standing ovations that often happen at Cannes would get boring pretty quick.
There’s nothing Hollywood loves more than celebrating movie making and the entertainment industry in general.

TsWade2

https://screenrant.com/elemental-movie-early-critics-reviews/ What? The reviews are Mixed? I thought it was well received! Dang! Sigh, I guess it’s going to be a flop after all.😢I guess they have to go back doing sequels for awhile.

Oops! Never mind! There still hope. 🥹

Ugh! Then again!😢

Never mind again. My hope is back.

Last edited:

TsWade2

I change my mind. It’s going to flop. I’m afraid Pixar will have to go back doing sequels a little more longer.😢

Last edited:

TalkingHead

This thread will want to know that Elemental was promoted during tonight’s Celtics-Heat Game 7. Not sure that’s the target audience or marketing dollar well spent but whatever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom