Eisner's Improvements Of WDW

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
I have been taking some heat in the recent days about Eisner?
Not that I care about that but i want to speak up about Esner.

I am sure there are 1000's of reasons people are so against Eisner but I think the positives should be mentioned.

Was anybody a member of this forum before Eisner took over at Disney?......
didnt think so because when Eisner took over the Disney Company WDW wasn't even close to what it has become today!!
The expansion of parks, hotels, retail & nightlife was all done under Eisner control.

Sure some people can argue that some of the new projects don't fit the "Disney Bill" Or "Walts way". But does anybody really honestly think the if E.P.C.O.T. Was built to walts specifications That we would even be here talking about WDW!?!

I Don't Think so! E.P.C.O.T. was (Pardon Me But) The most insane plan since Hitler's.

Before people start bashing me for my poor spelling of Epcot I am talking about Walts Original plan of a working city. Not the theme park knockoff.

I have a question for you! If WDW is supposed to have all original rides & attractions then why is WDW, DL, DLparis & DL Hong Kong all pretty much the same. Everything from layout to rides & attractions (For the most part).
The answer is simple! Disney Corporation is a business!!! It exists to make $$$$$. You can't make $$$$ by constantly re-inventing the wheel! When A product is worthy you capitalize on it, And for Disney this means to clone it! This was done with Magic Kingdom, The Difference was that WDW didn't have the constraints that DL had Eg: No Space!!! Criticize all you want but Without Eisner Disney Corp was headed for the auction block!! If This would have happened then we would all be sitting here talking about the new Hulk Coaster At Island Of Adventure!!!

I Hope everyone reads this whole post before responding to a snippit that irritates them because I feel I make a valid point!!
:sohappy: WDW 18 days from now i cant wait!!:sohappy:

barnebd5

Even though Eisner took the name and did a lot of positive things with it, Walt wouldn't approve of some of the things going on now. For example, the string of straight to video sequels to classics that almost ruin it for you. It was never about making money when Walt was alive, it was about imagination and exploration of new ideas. When Walt made money a lot of times he would take it and blow it all off and a new project he was excited about through the early years of his career. Eisner has just become way too power hungry, I mean you don't just disrespect the nephew of Walt and the original feature animation that pretty much made Disney a household name many years before the parks. We all love the parks so much, and we will love them even more if we continue to follow in Walt's dream path, that's what Walt Disney World should be about more than money and some power hungry owner.

stingrock23

Look, Eisner has done many good things for the company, and I agree the company would not be as big today if not for him. But the whole point of getting rid of him is because of the company's performance over the last 5 or 10 years. Eisner has done so much to help this company, but he's had so much control and there have been many bad decisions over the past few years, yet his compensation remains incredibly high. It's just time for him to move on. You can't deny the mark he's made and what he's done, but that's history and for the good of the company, he needs to step down soon.

Sgt Tibs

When talking about ousting Eisner, I believe we should be careful what we wish for.

He may have flaws, but it could be much worse. It could be owned by News Corp. They'd change it to Rupert Murdoch World.... :hammer:

lebernadin

Originally posted by Chefjason1974
didnt think so because when Eisner took over the Disney Company WDW wasn't even close to what it has become today!!

Few things:

1) The internet, as we know it, wasn't "alive" when Eisner came on board.

2) Most of the people who post on this particular board weren't born or walking when Eisner came on board.

If you keep these two things in mind, you'll find it much easier to state an argument and receive a rebuttal you're after rather than rebuttals like this one.

:wave:

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
Re: Re: Eisner's Improvements Of WDW

Originally posted by lebernadin
Few things:

1) The internet, as we know it, wasn't "alive" when Eisner came on board.

2) Most of the people who post on this particular board weren't born or walking when Eisner came on board.

If you keep these two things in mind, you'll find it much easier to state an argument and receive a rebuttal you're after rather than rebuttals like this one.

:wave:

Okay I knew someone would have to say this!!

My Point of the statement made was that WDW was a failing misguided mess pre-Eisner! There cannot be an argument to that!

As for the aforementioned straight to video releases:

Walt would have never made one of these movies because.....
THEY DIDN'T HAVE DVD PLAYERS IN THE 30'S, & 40'S!!!

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
Originally posted by stingrock23
Look, Eisner has done many good things for the company, and I agree the company would not be as big today if not for him. But the whole point of getting rid of him is because of the company's performance over the last 5 or 10 years. Eisner has done so much to help this company, but he's had so much control and there have been many bad decisions over the past few years, yet his compensation remains incredibly high. It's just time for him to move on. You can't deny the mark he's made and what he's done, but that's history and for the good of the company, he needs to step down soon.

First I want to say that I Love your Avatar
-"Really Explore The Studio Space With The Cow Bell"
-Bruce Dickinson!

But does anyone think 9/11 had anything to with the companies most recent money woe's! Disney is a large company but the main Cash Flow comes from the parks & tourism came to a halt in the wake of 9/11!!

I say give him a few more years to recover from the 9/11 Loss & then analyze his performance.

Erika

Re: Re: Re: Eisner's Improvements Of WDW

Okay I knew someone would have to say this!!

My Point of the statement made was that WDW was a failing misguided mess pre-Eisner! There cannot be an argument to that!

As for the aforementioned straight to video releases:

I believe the argument is not that they are on video, but that the quality is under par. Nobody can say for sure what Walt would or wouldn't like since he is no longer here, but I have a hard time believing that the man who re-invented animation as an art form would be thrilled with the recent turns the company has taken.

I don't think there is anyone here who will argue with your point that Eisner did a lot of good for the company. Everyone agrees with that as far as I have seen. But when it's time to go, it's time to go.

no2apprentice

I Don't Think so! E.P.C.O.T. was (Pardon Me But) The most insane plan since Hitler's.
Hitler: Invaded western Europe causing World War II and ordered the deaths of six million men, women, and children.

Disney: wanted to have a planned community of tomorrow, to try and show how technology could benefit future cities, and allowing guests to experience that community.

Um....yeah. Use the oregano for your recipes, don't roll it.

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
Originally posted by no2apprentice
Hitler: Invaded western Europe causing World War II and ordered the deaths of six million men, women, and children.

Disney: wanted to have a planned community of tomorrow, to try and show how technology could benefit future cities, and allowing guests to experience that community.

Um....yeah. Use the oregano for your recipes, don't roll it.

Walt's Original plan also included the fact that no person who lived in E.P.C.O.T. Would not work. This included retired people.
That is where the Hitler Thought originated!

Anti-semite?... NO! Anti-Geriate?...Yes!
I see a connection:rolleyes:

Legacy

Chefjason...

Get your sig within forum guidelines and then maybe people would be inclined to give you a chance.

Probably not, but at least you'll be following the rules

no2apprentice

From Walt Disney's presentation on E.P.C.O.T.:
"an experimental city that would incorporate the best ideas of industry, government, and academia worldwide, a city that caters to the people as a service function. It will be a planned, controlled community, a showcase for American industry and research, schools, cultural and educational opportunities. In EPCOT there will be no slum areas because we won't let them develop. There will be no landowners and therefore no voting control. People will rent houses instead of buying them, and at modest rentals. There will be no retirees; everyone must be employed."

And your information comes from...?

cherrynegra

You know, if I didn't know better, I'd swear you were an Eisner plant. But you defense of Eisner moves me to want to do one thing.........:hurl:

Shaman

I am sure there are 1000's of reasons people are so against Eisner but I think the positives should be mentioned.

The expansion of parks, hotels, retail & nightlife was all done under Eisner control.

Sure some people can argue that some of the new projects don't fit the "Disney Bill" Or "Walts way". But does anybody really honestly think the if E.P.C.O.T. Was built to walts specifications That we would even be here talking about WDW!?!

Before people start bashing me for my poor spelling of Epcot I am talking about Walts Original plan of a working city. Not the theme park knockoff.

I have a question for you! If WDW is supposed to have all original rides & attractions then why is WDW, DL, DLparis & DL Hong Kong all pretty much the same. Everything from layout to rides & attractions (For the most part).
The answer is simple! Disney Corporation is a business!!! It exists to make $$$$$. You can't make $$$$ by constantly re-inventing the wheel! When A product is worthy you capitalize on it, And for Disney this means to clone it! This was done with Magic Kingdom, The Difference was that WDW didn't have the constraints that DL had Eg: No Space!!! Criticize all you want but Without Eisner Disney Corp was headed for the auction block!! If This would have happened then we would all be sitting here talking about the new Hulk Coaster At Island Of Adventure!!!

I Hope everyone reads this whole post before responding to a snippit that irritates them because I feel I make a valid point!!

Eisner did good things, but lost his way as the years passed (especially after the death of Wells)....dwelling on Eisner's past record does nothing, what must be judged, I think, is not only his recent record, but also his vision for the future...and I personally think he has a failed vision and only focuses on the quick buck his recent record reflects this philosophy, and thay philosophy will hinder the company's future survival (to ensure financial security in the years ahead, intelligent decision must be made now...Eisner is too occupied with his own gain, to truly dedicate himself to the company's future...especially since he won't be with the company after 2006 or maybe even before that)...then again thats just my opinion....

johnvree

Somebody get this guy that picture of the bunny with a pancake on its head.

AviMM

Re: Re: Re: Eisner's Improvements Of WDW

Your also forgeting that Walt hated sequels and if Walt made DTDVD movies they be the best they could be. Personally I like the animated direct to DVD movies but some of then stories could be worked on and the special effects in the live action ones look WAY to fake for example the bubble gum in inspector gadget looked so fake it just didn't work had Walt made on of these movies we would think the gadgets were real!

Chefjason1974

Original Poster
Originally posted by Legacy
Chefjason...

Get your sig within forum guidelines and then maybe people would be inclined to give you a chance.

Probably not, but at least you'll be following the rules

Not quite up on the lingo please explain what you just said because ????? I have no clue!!!

Wilt Dasney

Not quite up on the lingo please explain what you just said because ????? I have no clue!!!

The requested length of all user signatures is 5 lines or fewer, including blank spaces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom