EE Update Feature

Jose Eber

Original Poster
objr said:
I would go and point to useless uninformative posts you yourself have made in this WDWMAGIC.COM thread, but I have better uses for my time...

I'm not disagreeing with you there.

But again -- there's enough space for everyone to have a thread on EE, not just one. I think it doesn't help the average reader when they have to comb through 50 pages of stuff to just glean through very little hard core material.

If Scott gets what he wants in a month, its wisest to start his own thread because it will be impossible to navigate or find his experience in a 50 page thread after everyone has made their (amazed) comments (although frankly his own thread on his experience will be like 50 pages long eventually!). Besides, he doesn't have time to do a daily update anyway, so I wasn't even talking about him up a few posts.

If one of you made a trip report and then I added my trip report onto your thread -- you'd know what I was talking about. It doesn't make sense to do that. There's enough room for Rob and I to have our own threads. This honestly doesn't have to be such a big ordeal and be taken personally, its between him and I anyway. Just drawing a line. Its nothing important.

J.

edit: Rob you are seasoned -- there's nothing wrong with 2 daily updates on EE. I would think its a win win for folks on this board.

Lee

Adventurer
I don't even know what happened.
Everything was rolling along just fine, except for that AK_1990 thing, and suddenly everyone's talking about a dispute over threads? What threads? Who's mad? Who rode the ride?:veryconfu

lunalovegoddess

Out of curiosity, Jose; where is the attitude coming from? I'm really confused. It seemed like you, Rob and Scottie were giving this thread joint effort. Why the drama?
Here's my opinion:
A) there is no point in opening another thread just because you suddenly decide that you want to be the only one posting information. There is no monopoly on who is allowed to post what, given that the conversation stays on topic.
B) half of this thread was wasted on comments about animal_king1990
Quote: "But again -- there's enough space for everyone to have a thread on EE, not just one. I think it doesn't help the average reader when they have to comb through 50 pages of stuff to just glean through very little hard core material."
While I agree that 50 pages of filler is annoying and pointless, we would not have 50 pages of shlock to trudge through if everyone had ignored the person in the first place.
C) I do not comment on a thread unless I feel that I have something important to add to the conversation or unless I have a question that cannot be answered via other sources, like, say, the disney website. I look up the answers first because I do not want to be annoying or ask something that many people have already asked.

OK (deep breath) that is how I feel about the bickering and the excessive filler posts. I come to the forum to have a good time and to keep up to date with the information. I've been following the entire thread and have not posted before because I had assumed that I would have to be patient in order to ride EE. I would like to know when the Annual Passholders, and Florida Resident Passholders are allowed to ride the attraction. I would like to know if there will be a soft opening soon, even though I will not have a chance to go to AK for a while. If anyone knows this, I will be very thankful for the information. But please, don't act like you are the only person who can post information here. This is a public forum. You are not the only "investigative journalist" here.
If I have offended anyone, I truly am sorry. It is very frustrating to have to wade through numerous threads about the same topic; there should be one place to find out all the information without dealing with a pi$$ing contest that amounts to: "It's MY thread; go away and make your own!"

signed, a very frustrated Lovegoddess

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
lunalovegoddess said:
I've been following the entire thread and have not posted before because I had assumed that I would have to be patient in order to ride EE. I would like to know when the Annual Passholders, and Florida Resident Passholders are allowed to ride the attraction. I would like to know if there will be a soft opening soon, even though I will not have a chance to go to AK for a while. If anyone knows this, I will be very thankful for the information. But please, don't act like you are the only person who can post information here. This is a public forum. You are not the only "investigative journalist" here.

Any significant information will be posted on http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm and http://www.wdwmagic.com/. Remember, the main site has been monitoring Everest since 2001. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A note:

I've said it before and gotten yelled at but..

This forum is not for anyone's personal rise to internet "stardom."

You don't own a thread. You don't control what other people say.

An exclusive? Accurate? Everyone here strives to provide good information, but seeing as how anyone with the best knowledge would be under a gag-order, we get to pick through the crap to find the stuff we like to believe. This is not a competition - everyone here just wants to share information.

And that car, btw - is important. Because you can't see the signs, doesn't mean it's not important.

The forums are here for folks to share information, even information other websites take to put into their updates that boost their hit counters. Information is not a commodity and should be freely shared. There are costs, but that's why we have premium members who pay to see the videos and such, but the general information on the site is still free.

You want a Jim Hill style ego blog? Go make a Jim Hill blog. WDWMagic is the internet's #1 source for WDW infromation for many many many people. That's probably why you came here, but you're not gonna come in and demand anyone cater to your superiority complex.

Lee

Adventurer
mousermerf said:
And that car, btw - is important. Because you can't see the signs, doesn't mean it's not important.

Car? What car?
Somebody PM me a summary what's going on here.....

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Jose Eber said:
I'm not disagreeing with you there.

But again -- there's enough space for everyone to have a thread on EE, not just one. I think it doesn't help the average reader when they have to comb through 50 pages of stuff to just glean through very little hard core material.

If Scott gets what he wants in a month, its wisest to start his own thread because it will be impossible to navigate or find his experience in a 50 page thread after everyone has made their (amazed) comments (although frankly his own thread on his experience will be like 50 pages long eventually!). Besides, he doesn't have time to do a daily update anyway, so I wasn't even talking about him up a few posts.

If one of you made a trip report and then I added my trip report onto your thread -- you'd know what I was talking about. It doesn't make sense to do that. There's enough room for Rob and I to have our own threads. This honestly doesn't have to be such a big ordeal and be taken personally, its between him and I anyway. Just drawing a line. Its nothing important.

J.

edit: Rob you are seasoned -- there's nothing wrong with 2 daily updates on EE. I would think its a win win for folks on this board.
alrighty Jose... since you've approached it this way, I'll bite. I'll do my own updates on my own thread, and you do your own.

As a peace offering, I have purchased a nice foldout chair from Target. You're welcome to use it anytime you plan on staying more than a few hours at Everest.

imagineer boy

Wow, this has been one hell of a thread. All the trouble started by AK1990, him returning, and now this heated debate between rob and Jose.

Connor002

mkt said:
As a peace offering, I have purchased a nice foldout chair from Target. You're welcome to use it anytime you plan on staying more than a few hours at Everest.

I didn't know you were allowed to bring your own chairs into Disney Parks...:lookaroun

By the way, what has happened to this thread. What's with all the drama? I won't say who it appears to have been started by, but come on guys, you can do better that bickering like school children.

CaptainMichael

mkt said:
Point taken, my last post in this thread is deleted. I didn't think it was possible to make a long standing member to feel so out of place and unwanted, especially the one who was the first to post the phrase "Expedition: Everest" on this site, and quite possibly any WDW message board, and the first person to question Joe Rohde about this, years before he started to randomly pop at at the AC and DAK. I think I'll go ahead and stop posting any Everest updates altogether.... both those on wdwmagic and my own site... since all I can seem to perceive is that any photos and any potential information I may gather will just be not taken seriously.

-Rob "I now see who my true friends are" MKT
Just wanted to say that you've been around long before I came here that fatefull November day in 2003. WDWMAGIC is a special place and you are a big part of that. I look forward to hanging out when I come to WDW for my CP in 2007.

-Michael "?" Tassin

imagineersrock

Lee said:
I don't even know what happened.
Everything was rolling along just fine, except for that AK_1990 thing, and suddenly everyone's talking about a dispute over threads? What threads? Who's mad? Who rode the ride?:veryconfu
Lee, it looks like you and I are in the same boat here... what did we miss?? lol

Centrifugeer

Jose Eber said:
^Huh. Do they add a chemical to the steam to give it a bit of mass or something? Because although it really looked like steam, something was different. Its like there was a real density about it -- this wasn't your average tea kettle action (or maybe it was -- it was a long time ago they tested that).

At the other side of the track you can see large metal barrels. Ahh, so my ol' hole in the ground theory was right -- steam is fed into the rear of the train once it stops?

Anywho -- someone was talking about the que? The que has been in a nearly completed state for a long time. Its actually been the mountain interior that's needed more work apparently. . . Go to the wall, and you can look into the que.

I imagine with new batches of trainers getting their feet wet we are going to see more inside info over the coming weeks.

Cool.

J.
It's nothing but steam. The Imagineers have had some bad experiences with smoke generators (the maintenance guys hate them), like in the trains in AK for example, and tend to shy away from them now. In Hong Kong they decided to go without any smoke effect rather than use a smoke generator on the train there.

You're fairly close on the origin of the steam too. Pretty good guess.

As far as the work that needs to be completed, most of the work now is testing, tweaking, and aesthetics. Joe Rhode was in last week working on the Yeti. They are really looking at it carefully since it has such a close interaction with the guests and any sort of failure could potentially be catastrophic. For something that guests encounter briefly it's very complicated. One of the Imagineers told me that it's the most complex animatronic device Disney has every built.

Oh, and just to let you know, I'm not a trainee. :)

Lee

Adventurer
Centrifugeer said:
Joe Rhode was in last week working on the Yeti. They are really looking at it carefully since it has such a close interaction with the guests and any sort of failure could potentially be catastrophic.

Like reaching over too far and swiping a guest's head off? Yeah...that would suck.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom