maxime29

Premium Member
missionspace said:
MKT check your Private Messages!

I Want some cards?
I will send you money!

Reminds me of a quote from Stewie Griffin:

"I'll give you anything! Money! Women! Men?!..."

If there is any updates regarding the extended queue location, let us know.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
orlandorealtor said:
Sweet. Rearranging tomorrow's schedule to include Safari Amber and Anandapur Yeti Warning Card trip.
entirely off topic... I've been offered a free ride to get my real estate license... should I take it?

orlandorealtor

Real Estate licenses aren't hard or expensive to get and business won't just walk up to you. Actually, the fees that come after the license cost the most. Fees for MLS, local and national association of Realtors...marketing...I can go on for hours. It's hard job and there are TONS of competition...especially here. Unless you plan on giving 200% to it, I wouldn't bother.

mkt

Premium Member
orlandorealtor said:
Real Estate licenses aren't hard or expensive to get and business won't just walk up to you. Actually, the fees that come after the license cost the most. Fees for MLS, local and national association of Realtors...marketing...I can go on for hours. It's hard job and there are TONS of competition...especially here. Unless you plan on giving 200% to it, I wouldn't bother.
thanks for your honesty at least!

I shall tell my realtor relative no thanks

mkt

Premium Member
WDWScottieBoy said:
Rob, if I go tomorrow...I'll show up, and then leave. :lol: Got to much to do to stand around. Maybe this weekend? :/
perhaps this weekend... I've got nothing major going on till Monday or Tuesday

OmegaKnight

mkt said:
I didn't see much of the merchandise... only 3 frames, but according to a merchandise coordinator CM in the area, the shop is pretty much ready to go... cash drawers are up, alarms are up, merchandise is in. Merchandise CM's were getting tours and learning the story behind the area when I was there.

I did however see 2 frames and 1 book carried out by a CM... who quickly covered them when he saw my camera. BLAST!!!!

The frames were nice looking. 1 was a clear frame, held up by a small yeti, and set on a grassy field (I believe there's a lilo and stitch one like that). The yeti had his arms outstretched and was blue and white. The second one was a standard 5X7 frame with "Expedition Everest" written on the border in a stylized manner... kinda like this:
ca_magnet_all.jpg

I couldn't make out the book
The merchandise is all really cool. You folks will have to wait until previews to see them though. You won't be disappointed.

EpcotServo

OmegaKnight said:
The merchandise is all really cool. You folks will have to wait until previews to see them though. You won't be disappointed.
LOL:lol: I have six of the shirts already. I agree, from what I have, very nice.:D

Jose Eber

Original Poster
here is what I think are some highlights from Robs trip photo wise: i.e. this is what is new:

New "you must be one yeti foot tall to ride" signage above the post and the white markings on the right post.

dsc00251_std.jpg

Closeup.

dsc00229_std.jpg

New sign under banner:

dsc00250_std.jpg

Rob's sticker he got from one of the imagineers. They have printed out literally hundreds of them and stuck them on the doors etc.

Probably will pull in a bit off of ebay ;)

dsc00262_std.jpg

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Memories...
ASe1104-02.jpg

Incidentally, I found the picture I was talking about where they have HVAC: Look for the silver looking/metal looking pipes that start from ground level and then go up a few stories, splitting up.

J.

ASe1104-05.jpg

DisneyBuff

Found some articles on one of the Disney Sites not sure how much of this has been posted.

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Ancient legend holds that high in the Himalayan Mountains lives an enormous creature that fiercely guards the route to Mount Everest.

Now that legend roars dramatically to life at Disney's Animal Kingdom in a new runaway train adventure -- Expedition Everest -- that combines coaster-like thrills with the excitement of a close encounter of the hairy kind.

Expedition Everest is part of the 18-month "Happiest Celebration on Earth," honoring 50 years of Disney theme parks and commemorating the 1955 opening of Disneyland. The celebration began May 5, 2005, with the launch of the largest lineup of new shows and attractions and continues through 2006.

Walt Disney World guests will discover for themselves the fearsome lore of the yeti when Expedition Everest peaks in early 2006 at Disney's Animal Kingdom. Aboard out-of-control railcars racing forward and backward, white-knuckle adventurers swoop into the unknown, braving twists, turns and drops inside and outside a mighty mountain leading to an unforgettable encounter.

"Expedition Everest adds a new dimension to our storytelling in Disney's Animal Kingdom," said Joe Rohde, executive designer at Walt Disney Imagineering and lead designer of the park. "It's a thrilling adventure themed to the tradition of the mysterious yeti."

Bracing for Adventure

The story begins when guests are transported to a distant world of exploration and the mythical village of Serka Zong. A canopy of prayer flags, an ornamental monastery, intricately carved totems, and a garden of stone carvings of the yeti clutching the mountain immerse guests in a far-off realm. The yeti's role as protector of the sacred mountain is reinforced in this detailed environment rich in culture and tradition.

"The Himalayan culture is full of ritualized architecture encouraging great harmony and structure," Rohde said. "The colors of the village, the carved animal heads on the doors, the totems -- it's all very symbolic and authentic."

Despite forewarnings, the proprietors of Himalayan Escapes tour company entice explorers to embark on a rugged train journey to the mystical Everest. First stop is Norbu and Bob's booking office to obtain permits, and then it's off to Tashi's General Store and Bar for needed supplies for the journey.

Next, explorers pass through an old tea warehouse that houses an elaborate museum run by Professor Pumba Dorjay, a conservation biologist who believes the yeti's existence is grounded in fact. The richly designed yeti museum showcases artifacts reflecting Nepalese culture, plus a history of the Himalayas and tales of the yeti. Photos show Sherpas and others who have conquered the summit.

Aboard Expedition Everest

Now equipped to conquer the mountain, trekkers board the Anandapur Rail Service. This aging 34-passenger industrial railway, which was once used to transport tea, is now destined for the foot of Mount Everest.

As the steam train rolls through thick bamboo forests and fern groves up the first hill through a fortress, ritualized music signals riders to dangers ahead. En route, a cluster of sacred yeti totems and a massive yeti mural crafted on the rockwork gives further warning to turn back.

The train continues across a teetering bridge into the mountain, dives into shimmering glacier valleys and then climbs up through the snow-capped peaks.

Skulking silhouettes and shadows of the lurking yeti, coupled with startling special effects and climate variations, enhance the attraction as the steam train darts in and out of the picturesque mountain range.

But suddenly the train screeches to a halt near a gnarled mass of twisted metal. In a fit of rage, the yeti has torn apart the track. The thrills intensify as the runaway train moves both forward and backward through darkened mountain caverns and icy canyons and guests head for an inevitable face-to-muzzle showdown with the towering yeti -- known to some as the abominable snowman.

The train accelerates into a fog of spiral curves taking mountaineers down an 80-foot plummet to escape the wrath of the powerful yeti.

"Seeing the yeti will really startle the guests because it is so real, so convincing," said Rohde. "It is the most highly engineered Audio-Animatronics figure ever created by Walt Disney Imagineering."

About Expedition Everest

Expedition Everest, towering at nearly 200 feet high and occupying a 6.2-acre site, is located in the Asia section of the theme park. It is one of 18 mountain attractions created by Walt Disney Imagineering at Disney theme parks worldwide.

Expedition Everest will feature Disney's FASTPASS -- offered at no charge to park guests -- designed to reduce wait times at popular attractions in all four Walt Disney World theme parks. Expedition Everest will have a height restriction of 44 inches.

Disney's Animal Kingdom is a 500-acre theme park where the exciting worlds of wild and whimsical creatures come to life on an authentic African safari, in an Asian rain forest, on a trip back in time to the age of the dinosaurs and in other attractions and shows brimming with stories about animals and encounters with favorite Disney characters.

DisneyBuff

Here are some of the Everest Fast Facts:

* A perilous journey aboard a runaway train through the Himalayan mountains. Adventurous riders push deep into the lair of the feared yeti, guardian of the forbidden mountain. En route, they encounter torn tracks, spiral backwards through the fog into an ice cavern and dart into and out of the mountain in a high-speed adventure.

* Mountain peak: At just under 200 feet, one of 18 mountains created by Disney Imagineers at Disney parks worldwide.

* Chilling thrills: A careening adventure including an 80-foot drop, plus frightening encounters with the mystical yeti.

* Length: Nearly a mile of track as riders encounter harrowing twists, tight turns and drops.

* Ride vehicle: Modeled after an aging, steam-engine tea train; 34 passengers per train.

* Yeti, Guardian of the Mountain: The mammoth-sized Audio-Animatronics yeti has a potential thrust, in all of its hydraulic cylinders combined, of slightly over 259,000 pounds force -- potentially more instantaneous power than a 747-400 airliner.

* Forced perspective: To create the sense of an enormous mountain range, Imagineers painted a "mural" of shadows across the face of the mountains. The range, glaciers and valleys is a canvas of rockwork, carvings and painting creating a forced perspective where closer-in objects have a massive look while appliqués trick the eye into perceiving far off objects.

* Bringing the Himalayan environment to Florida: More than 900 bamboo plants, 10 species of trees and 110 species of shrubs are being nurtured and planted to re-create the lowlands surrounding Mount Everest.

* Steelwork: 1,800 tons of steel were used in the mountain structure. That is about six times the amount of steel used in a traditional office building of this size.

* Mountain make-up: The mountain is crafted with more than 3,000 pre-fabricated "chips" created from 25,000 individually computer-molded pieces of steel.

* Color palette: 2,000 gallons of stain and paint were used on the rockwork and throughout the village. The color scheme has ritual meaning to the Himalayan culture.

* In the Himalayan regions, villagers commonly preserve yak dung and dry it out on village walls. They later use the hardened material as fuel in their homes. Disney Imagineers recreated the look of these walls in the Serka Zong village area.

* Artisans at work: Artists from Imagineering used hammers, chainsaws and blowtorches to "age" wood and buildings in the village, giving them the appearance of being longstanding parts of the landscape.

* Hillary step: The 1953 famous final ascent of Sir Edmund Hillary is represented in Disney's man-made mountain. The coloring of Mount Everest differs from the rest of the mountain range because at more than 29,000 feet elevation, hurricane-force winds often blow the snow off its peak, revealing a raw sheet of rock.

* Authentic detail: Some 2,000 handcrafted items from Asia are evident in the props, cabinetry and architectural ornamentation.

* Height restriction: 44 inches.

* Seating: 17 rows of seating two abreast.

* Restraint: Lap bar.

* Disney's FASTPASS: Expedition Everest features Disney's FASTPASS, the innovative system which allows guests, at no additional charge, to avoid lengthy waiting in line.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
^ Thanks Steve.

Well it was a bit of a trifecta today. MKT WDWScottieboy and I were there today. Well, they each joined up w. me later on over the day.

What's new: still doing the 72 hour testing it should finish up tonight (no one is allowed on the ride during this segment, except maybe 1 official). The scaffolding did NOT come down as MKT reported yesterday, just was reduced by a level or two for the front waterfall. Joe R. wasn't there, but Diego was (imagineers).

This morning the fog effect (you see fog where the 80' drop comes out) was on and so was the snow/mist effect after the large lift hill. It would be in the area pictured below.

Image-9E0788C67C0511DA.jpg

the Yeti still doesn't work 100% of the time.

Got another trip report from a cast member who rode it (quite a few rode it yesterday). Positive reviews all around.

dandaman

I rather like that "alternate Yeti sequence" idea. I know it ruins the show for me when the main part doesn't work. (Coaster aside.) At least added illusions will hide the broken Animatronic and keep the riders on edge.

mkt

Premium Member
J,

I'll get the pics up later... I had something come up with the Ms, so that has taken precedence over the course of the day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom