EE Update Feature

Connor002

Madison said:
However, the only railroads with sections of track approaching a similar grade are cog and funicular railways. A funicular railroad is lifted up a steep hillside by a cable but can not travel around curves, for the most part. A cog railway has a driven pinion built into the locomotive that engages a rack built between the rails. While not a ratchet as in a typical roller coaster's antirollback mechanism, a cog railway might warrant some sort of sound.

It's not as if any potential enjoyment I may get from this attraction is forever tainted, but it'd have been neat to see them implement something akin to a cog locomotive as the steam donkey.

I've never seen of a cog railway, but I believe this is an example of a funicular railyway, no?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Madison said:
It's not as if any potential enjoyment I may get from this attraction is forever tainted, but it'd have been neat to see them implement something akin to a cog locomotive as the steam donkey.

As I was writing the update I too was thinking -- well -- what type of saftey latchet system do steep 'trains' have -- wouldn't they have a little noise? What do I know about mountain trains. You however, know something!

I'll mention it to Diego ;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Interesting note on the sign - "The seating and restraints on this attration may prevent guests of certain body shapes or sizes from riding". Nice way out of any potential lawsuits about discriminating against those with certain body shapes or sizes. :lookaroun I'm not in either of those categories, but I am by no means a small person.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
imag0007_247.jpg

regarding this image... I have heard from a reputable source that the Yeti has been having some electrical/mechanical issues... like a Volkswagen Jetta. They're probably redoing some wiring.

Jose, out of curiosity, what vantage point did you shoot from?

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Oh that was a joke btw. :lookaroun

All that is is Animal Kingdom's parking lot.

Those photos have nothing to do with the Yeti (although initially I thought they did). All they are is the utility program (piping). All those trucks were about installing a CIPP inside an existing storm drain (I'm looking at osceola overpass right before sherberth) in the AK parking lot.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Little Movie

Here's a little movie of the attraction with some shots of the coaster from the walkway.

Click here to download it.

YOU NEED the latest iTunes or Quicktime 7 -- this is a video podcast. Sorry! :(

(hopefully, many more movies to come).

edit: and here's recap photos: Click.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
A few things to report today:

A 72 hour testing will commence end of December (72 hours straight operation). December 27-29th I believe.

Disney intends to have DVC, Passholder and Cast all come around the same time for rehearsal.

Added a new sound effect yesterday.

Yeti doesn't work 100% of the time.

Fastpass time is the 'current' time now.

Cast has to wear construction helmets. They do have hats, but they haven't been released yet.
Costume:
Image-57A673FC6E7E11DA.jpg

Image-57A6BB466E7E11DA.jpg

Scaffolding still there by waterfall. Didn't see it on while I was there.

Image-57A698F26E7E11DA.jpg

Some new props:
Image-57A6DAF46E7E11DA.jpg

Construction esthetic:
Image-57A649A46E7E11DA.jpg

Speakers inside of transformer (see grill):

Image-57A6FAF26E7E11DA.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Thank you so much for the updates! Great pics and info, BTW! I wonder if CM's get overtime for working 72 straight hours..... :lookaroun :lol:

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Connor002 said:
Do you happen to know what that sign says?
I may have to get myself some of that energizing [Betelnut?]. :slurp:

Never heard of betel nuts until I saw that cart (the nuts are glued in quite firmly!)

It would be cool if they could sell them!

from wikipedia:

Betel nut, also known as pinang or Areca nut, is the seed of the Betel Palm (Areca catechu), a species of palm which grows throughout the Pacific, Asia, and parts of east Africa. It is a medium-sized tree growing to 20 m tall, with a trunk 20-30 cm diameter. The leaves are 1.5-2 m long, pinnate, with numerous, crowded leaflets.

Haunted Pirate: By law they have to use shifts right?!

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Carp.

What happened? I noticed that the posts were knocked down in number for a spell.

Jumped to a conclusion.

Oh well.

(at least Its on ignored!)

djronnieb

You know, I was looking at the pic of the safety sign and it really doesn't blend in too well. I was thinking it would be good if somehow Disney could just write all that legal stuff on the park maps (i know some is already in there) Or have at the enterance of each park a list of the rides that need safety warnings and post them all in one place. So that they don't have to have those ugly signs on every ride enterance and some rides have several of them.

Jose Eber

Original Poster
Or they could reduce the sign to symbols which might make it easier to blend in.

WDW has many international visitors (and some people who are illiterate). Symbols might lend towards a more universal expression of 'caution'.

Although -- I think the point of a warning sign is that it does stand out. Lawsuits are a dime a dozen here.

Jose "ever been to a McDonalds that offers picture menus?" Eber

more pics of the outfits:

chiquita_754.jpg

escollousside_182.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom