EE: The Yeti

DisneyRoxMySox

DisneyPants said:
hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but a huge Disney enthusiast. I just recently completed my 17th trip to Orlando, Florida. In my recent trips to the park Ive seen EE in its construction stages and Im anticipating it more each and everyday. I heard a rumor from my friend who works the fireworks in MK that the yeti is said to be 85 feet tall. I find him to be a credible source but it seems to me that an animtronic that huge will be nothing but insanely scary. Is this the true size and is it intended to be scary?

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

85 ft. whoa!

P.S. I like your name.

Brick Tamland

Original Poster
I have found a very secretive picture of the Yeti, please if you dont want to be spoiled DO NOT scroll down. Here you go

VP61-51%20-%20Abominable%20Snowman.jpg

:animwink:

peter11435

DisneyPants said:
hey everyone, I'm new to this forum but a huge Disney enthusiast. I just recently completed my 17th trip to Orlando, Florida. In my recent trips to the park Ive seen EE in its construction stages and Im anticipating it more each and everyday. I heard a rumor from my friend who works the fireworks in MK that the yeti is said to be 85 feet tall. I find him to be a credible source but it seems to me that an animtronic that huge will be nothing but insanely scary. Is this the true size and is it intended to be scary?
The Yeti will be big, but it will be no where near 85 feet. Think more like 15-20.

ntoeman

There is no way the Yeti could be near 80ft. because the Mountain itself is only 199ft. and it would be taking up almost half it! lol I can't wait to see the Yeti and everything come together.

MayKingMajikHpn

Brick Tamland said:
I have found a very secretive picture of the Yeti, please if you dont want to be spoiled DO NOT scroll down. Here you go

VP61-51%20-%20Abominable%20Snowman.jpg

:animwink:

I took my son on the matterhorn for his first time on the 20th of July 2005, and after we were done all he kept saying was, "Bear, Bear, Bear" :) I would have thought he would have been a little scared, but to the contrary he was very excited, and wanted to go on the ride again.

thelegndofzelda

I really think this ride is gonna make the mummy look like it was an old ride. The Yeti's gonna destroy Imhotep, and the ride itself will be much better.

JeffH

Yeti

I understand that the Disney computer animation department is currently working on a new film entitled "Yeti", about a friendly talkative Yeti who befriends various cuddly creatures in search of his family (played by the previously leaked Bea Arthur and Richard Simmons). After the movies release, EE will be renamed Yeti, slowed to a dark ride where kiddies get to meet the friendly Yeti. This will make the previously 4 minute ride and make it about 20 minutes long, and silence the screams that were keeping the monkeys awake in Asia.

Nion4

Am I the only person that wants to be entertained at a theme park?

Why would we want a scary Yeti? Are we talking Dinosaur scary where your ears are bleeding and you have an extremely realistic extinct carnivore all in your face?

AK can't afford to be scaring more people away from the park in my opinion.

tracyandalex

i was watching a show on the travel channel a few weeks ago (i know, i know i should have posted this sooner) and they were saying that disney told them that the yeti will be 15 ft and will "chase" the riders through the mountain - this includes going backwards.

tracy

1disneydood

tracyandalex said:
i was watching a show on the travel channel a few weeks ago (i know, i know i should have posted this sooner) and they were saying that disney told them that the yeti will be 15 ft and will "chase" the riders through the mountain - this includes going backwards.

tracy

Yes. The yeti is rumored to chase riders through the mountain, hugrily searching for a guest's chilidog.

2004_starjones_kbs.jpg

NADisney

I thought standing in line for three hours in the hot sun to ride Space Mountain on re-opening day at Disneyland was bad,but this thread has surpassed that, Great Job Guys and Girls. :sohappy:

Oh - by the way ,we are waiting on Disney to finish cleaning the old King Kong Animatronic from Universal Studios down the road into the Yeti !

(Just Joking) :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom