EE: The Yeti

dxwwf3

JeffH said:
I understand that the Disney computer animation department is currently working on a new film entitled "Yeti", about a friendly talkative Yeti who befriends various cuddly creatures in search of his family (played by the previously leaked Bea Arthur and Richard Simmons). After the movies release, EE will be renamed Yeti, slowed to a dark ride where kiddies get to meet the friendly Yeti. This will make the previously 4 minute ride and make it about 20 minutes long, and silence the screams that were keeping the monkeys awake in Asia.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Priceless!

peter11435

Nion4 said:
Am I the only person that wants to be entertained at a theme park?

Why would we want a scary Yeti? Are we talking Dinosaur scary where your ears are bleeding and you have an extremely realistic extinct carnivore all in your face?

AK can't afford to be scaring more people away from the park in my opinion.
While I agree that entertaining rides (story intensive, well themed) are more important than a simple thrill. I think you have to realize that the basic idea for animal kingdom is to be realistic; they are not building a fantasy world where Yeti's make snow cones. The ride needs to be realistic to fit in with the theme of the park. I don't see how you could realistically make a non-scary yeti. Also about scaring visitors away, you would be surprised. AK's attendance is actually doing well. It is well above both Universal Orlando, and Islands of Adventure. And if current trends continue it may soon rise above the Disney-MGM studios.

CoffeeJedi

peter11435 said:
Nion4 said:
Am I the only person that wants to be entertained at a theme park?

Why would we want a scary Yeti? Are we talking Dinosaur scary where your ears are bleeding and you have an extremely realistic extinct carnivore all in your face?

AK can't afford to be scaring more people away from the park in my opinion.
While I agree that entertaining rides (story intensive, well themed) are more important than a simple thrill. I think you have to realize that the basic idea for animal kingdom is to be realistic; they are not building a fantasy world where Yeti's make snow cones. The ride needs to be realistic to fit in with the theme of the park. I don't see how you could realistically make a non-scary yeti. Also about scaring visitors away, you would be surprised. AK's attendance is actually doing well. It is well above both Universal Orlando, and Islands of Adventure. And if current trends continue it may soon rise above the Disney-MGM studios.
i agree with Nion, i really don't care for the "pop-n-boo" factor of Dinosaur, its not scary, its just shocking. I'd rather be taken in by a great spooky environment like the Mansion or Tower.
And as for realisitic, we're talking about a mythological character here. Who says the Yeti can't be a gentle giant? I believe the Tibetan tradition is that Yeti's are semi-intelligent humanoids with mystical powers anyway. In Bhutan, they just sectioned off a wilderness preserve for Yetis (it was really more of a symbolic act, basically keeping the area free from human intervention)
linky: http://www.tidepool.org/original_content.cfm?articleid=168420
How about this for a storyline, the queue tells the story of the mysterious creature that's only half-glimpsed by travellers, no one knows what its true nature is. During the course of the ride, we get trapped in a thrilling cave-in sequence and the Yeti appears scaring us, but then he HELPS the train escape. When you return you're told that noone will believe your story but its added to the mysterious folklore of the area.

see? thrilling, a little scary, "realistic", but not too scary for kids

JKovach

Account Suspended
Oh c'mon... give me a break folks... its not like EE is going to be like Alien Encounter which I SEVERAL times rode with little children (whom I didn't know obviously) sitting next to me and even grabbing my arms and crying to me in fear. I personally LOVED AE and thought it was such a fantastic original idea. It was def. scary, but I mean for someone my age it wasn't bad, but for kids it was terrifying and I felt bad for them.

EE, however, is not like this... first of all, little kids could ride AE because... you don't move throughout the whole ride and there wasn't a height restriction (at least if there was it was no where near what EE's will be). This will eliminate little little kids being on the ride.

For people who are plenty old to ride this ride... give me a break... you'd rather ride a rollercoaster like Thunder MT... which has good theming but its level of intensity isn't really there...

I for one don't understand why you would even say EE is going to be scary, its gonna have the fun scary... its not like a man dressed as Michael Myers who isn't even an animatronic character, just a real serial killer is going to literally attempt to kill you... it is a fun and creative ride to be on a rollercoaster that will hit speeds of up to 55 mph while being chased by AN ANIMATRONIC!!! Dinosaur is very similar and just as fun, I understand the "BOO" scariness to it, the first time I rode that ride my picture came out hilarious cuz i didn't know what was happening and then I jumped almost out the seat

I just don't see how someone can say EE will be too scary though and almost making it sound like its entirely a bad idea... this is one of Disney's best ideas for a ride yet. And although I think i've made it clear in certain other posts, I enjoy the BIG thrills like... the dueling dragons, the kingda ka's, the whatevers) i am more excited about EE than I was for RnRC because the idea is fantastic and it gives you thrill of being chased without worry of this thing being real...

peter11435

I never said it would be too scary for kids. Just that you can't expect them to mke this Yeti a loveable creature. As for Dino I agree to a certain extent. However to realistically capture the dinoasurs they had to be scary.

JKovach

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:
I never said it would be too scary for kids. Just that you can't expect them to mke this Yeti a loveable creature. As for Dino I agree to a certain extent. However to realistically capture the dinoasurs they had to be scary.

I wasn't talking bout you, don't worry, I agreed with your statements.

I mean... i personally think they should make the Yeti as scary as it can possibly be... just to make the ride better, someone just said they didn't think EE needed to be a scary ride or that it takes away from the thrill for this to be a ride with scares... whereas I'm saying that the fun of a scary yeti (animatronic... not michael myers) chasing you is what its all about

T-1MILLION

I like the idea of the Yeti being very Scary looking and protecting his animal friends, but finding out near the end of the ride that he saves you from going off a cliff or something; and switching you around saftely and pushing you back.
So you find out that the yeti that everyone thinks is deadly just wants to live in harmony with all of nature and keep peace. Hopefully the ride will have something like that so the first 3/4 of the ride will be scary but the end has a moral to the story/plot like the Imagineers always do. it makes me think of a large Harry from Harry and the Hendersons. :D

mkepcotmgmak

peter11435 said:
they are not building a fantasy world where Yeti's make snow cones. .

actually, that's where you are wrong. the Yeti will make snow cones. The Abominable SnowCone. That's his shop, currently it's on the corner of Mollywood and Shrine, but Disney is buying him out of it. I think they might move that actual shop to the exit of the attraction, just for great authenticity. But yes, that is what actually made the Yeti famous. Nothing fantasy about it... only fantastic. :lookaroun

DisneyRoxMySox

peter11435 said:
How do you know a yeti doesn't have brown hair and dread locks?

Have you seen one?

But...

If a Yeti where to live on top of a mountain, wouldn't he adapt to his surroundings. White fur, so he couldn't be seen in the snow, by predators or enemies??

mkepcotmgmak

peter11435 said:
How do you know a yeti doesn't have brown hair and dread locks?

Have you seen one?

yes, i have. I can confirm that he does not have brown hair, or dreadlocks. I had a snowcone at his shop in early may of 2004. He really is a nice guy, and very down to earth. He makes the meanest bubblegum snow cone you've ever tasted. Brown hair and dreadlocks. Leth don't be thilly.

peter11435

DisneyRoxMySox said:
But...

If a Yeti where to live on top of a mountain, wouldn't he adapt to his surroundings. White fur, so he couldn't be seen in the snow, by predators or enemies??
But the yeti lives inside the dark caves of the mountain, and only comes out at night to get food. Thus if he were white he would be easily spotted.

JKovach

Account Suspended
CoffeeJedi said:
how realistic can a Yeti be in the first place?

"realism" is highly subjective when dealing with a cryptid

I actually just received confirmed reports that this is indeed no animatronic, they have found the real living Yeti in Alaska... about three weeks ago they continued a three-year search for the infamous yeti and they have finally found him.

He will be allowed to run wild during EE so they really have no idea what is going to happen... people may actually die during the ride depending on the Yeti's reaction to a rollercoaster...

now this is exciting... now maybe it could be classified as a scary ride

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom