EE: The Yeti

Captain Chaos

WDWcouple said:
Beseiged Yeti Injures 3 Disney Imagineers

By: MOOSE NIXON
Associated Press

ANAHEIM, Disneyland -- A 15 - 20 foot tall yeti is reported missing from is keep inside of Disneyland and roaming somewhere is Southern California. The Yeti has been described as a cross between Bea Arthur, Richard Simmons, Star Jones, Chewbacca, Ricky Williams, and some guys wife.

Details are sketchy but it appears the Yeti got aggitated during obedience training and resorted back to his instincts. When the police arrived the 3 Disney employees where badly beaten but all said after the beating the Yeti gave them ice and explained that it was nothing personal.... This would coencide with the theory that there is a Moral behind every Disney incident.

If you come into contact do not try to capture it yourself. Immediatly call Yukon Jack or the local authorities

Are you sure Universal didn't steal him like they did with Dueling Dragons?

Brick Tamland

Original Poster
Ya, Know what comercials scared me as a child? the ones where the Giant Yeti would come crashing through your wall screaming OH YEAH, OH YEAH. And the kids were all like Yes, yes.

I Know Who The Yeti Should Be,......... The King Of Soul!!!!

Wouldnt it be scary if the Yeti was Little Richard! It would be all dark and then the lights turn on and he yells "hey!" and starts singing....... that would make me jump outa my pants! He even fits the description of brown dreadlocks. Disney is interviewing him as we speak, and if he doesnt get it Robin Williams or Carol Channing will!!:hammer:

Lynx04

T-i-doubleguher said:
Wouldnt it be scary if the Yeti was Little Richard! It would be all dark and then the lights turn on and he yells "hey!" and starts singing....... that would make me jump outa my pants! He even fits the description of brown dreadlocks. Disney is interviewing him as we speak, and if he doesnt get it Robin Williams or Carol Channing will!!:hammer:

Might as well make him Rick James. As the train rolls by him he can swipe at the cars and say, "I'm Rick James, B$#CH."

JKovach

Account Suspended
CommandoDisney said:
Hey thanks Dane. You gonna take him on a heist too? "WHERES THE VAN?!" haha do you have his new cd/dvd? its awesome.

OHHHHHHH MAN it is fantastic!!!

haahahahha, thats why i'm just in the mood to go around and post everything Dane... to see reactions from those who don't know Dane Cook and might take me seriously, and then for those that do know it to have a chuckle

BY A ROUND OF APPLAUSE HOW YA FEELIN?!?!

WDWCP

WDWcouple said:

Associated Press

ANAHEIM, Disneyland -- A 15 - 20 foot tall yeti is reported missing from is keep inside of Disneyland and roaming somewhere is Southern California. The Yeti has been described as a cross between Bea Arthur, Richard Simmons, Star Jones, Chewbacca, Ricky Williams, and some guys wife.

Details are sketchy but it appears the Yeti got aggitated during obedience training and resorted back to his instincts. When the police arrived the 3 Disney employees where badly beaten but all said after the beating the Yeti gave them ice and explained that it was nothing personal.... This would coencide with the theory that there is a Moral behind every Disney incident.

If you come into contact do not try to capture it yourself. Immediatly call Yukon Jack or the local authorities

Making me laugh out loud at the office again... Co-workers keep thinking I'm crazy!!

Lynx04

peter11435 said:
Again I must tell you that is not how it works.

Disney had the opportunity to make the attraction, they did not. I don't understand how they didn't pass on it. Or at the very least, they sat on the concept too long and someone else did it. But some people think that Universal sent spys over and stole the entire project. The fact of the matter is imagineers (Not Disney) never went any further than concept of two coasters dueling themed to a castle setting.

The only input Disney or Universal have when it comes to the project (specially with B&M) is where the coaster will be located, the theme and certain things like how many inversion or how intense. Everything else, the coaster fabrication, ride system, and design is down by another company. Disney, nor Universal comes up with the coaster layout, DD was done by Werner Stangel's company and the ride system is down by B&M. The launch on the Hulk had to be all researched and done by Universal cause B&M didn't want anything to do with making the coaster launch.

peter11435

Lynx04 said:
Disney had the opportunity to make the attraction, they did not. I don't understand how they didn't pass on it. Or at the very least, they sat on the concept too long and someone else did it. But some people think that Universal sent spys over and stole the entire project. The fact of the matter is imagineers (Not Disney) never went any further than concept of two coasters dueling themed to a castle setting.

Besides they only thing about the attraction that has any input from the park is where the coaster will be located and the theme. Everything else, the coaster fabrication, ride system, and design is down by another company. Disney, nor Universal comes up with the coaster layout, DD was done by Werner Stangel's company and the ride system is down by B&M.
In that respect you are correct. Universal did not steal or build a copy of a disney designed ride they simply built one similar. That said they would have built DD even if Disney had built there version.

My point refers to your other post on the subject where you stated.

The inverted coaster ride system was not made by imagineers, nor designed for a Disney attraction. The first inverted coaster was made for Six Flags Great America, and was made by B&M.

Lost Continent at IOA was losely based of the Beastly Kingdom concept. DD was a concept for BK and when Disney laid off a bunch of imagineers, those imagineers were lucky that Universal was building another park and needed more people for the project. Imagineers are creators of concepts, not the Disney or Universal. When these talented people are let go because nothing is in the pipeline to be done, another company hires them to work on one of their projects.

It is just like movies, Spielberg mostly makes moves for Universal Studios. However, if Universal passes on a project, he takes it to another studio that will pick it up. "War of the Worlds" is not a Universal picture it is a Paramount Film. Same with after Lucas did "Star Wars" he took his next project to Paramount. If Disney pass on a project, that imagineer can take the concept to Universal.

That is not exactly true. Only those who work for Disney are technically called Imagineers (they have the term trademarked). Those designers/engineers are sometimes let go and can get jobs with another agency such as Universal Creative. However they are no longer Imagineers (you could say they are former Imagineers). Additionally if Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering designed a ride the rights to that ride belong to Disney not the Imagineers. Therefore they can't legally take their plans and blueprints to another park and build the attraction. The can however design a ride for another park that is SIMILAR (as DD is) to one that was designed while they were Imagineers. It is also important to point out that no one Imagineer is entirely responsible for a Disney attraction. It is a team effort and we should not forget that.

If a ride identical to DD was designed for AK, and by the ride I mean the whole package not just the coaster. They could not build it at Universal simply because Disney passed on it. The details of the project involving the theme, story and many other aspects are done by WDI and are therefore the property of the walt disney company not the individuals who worked on it. They can't simply take that exact idea to another park. They could build one similar but not the exact same thing. As for the ride system, well yes the coaster desiner/manufacturer could and would try to sell the design (for the track and layout only) to another park.

Lynx04

peter11435 said:
In that respect you are correct. Universal did not steal or build a copy of a disney designed ride they simply built one similar. That said they would have built DD even if Disney had built there version.

My point refers to your other post on the subject where you stated.

That is not exactly true. Only those who work for Disney are technically called Imagineers (they have the term trademarked). Those designers/engineers are sometimes let go and can get jobs with another agency such as Universal Creative. However they are no longer Imagineers (you could say they are former Imagineers). Additionally if Imagineers at Walt Disney Imagineering designed a ride the rights to that ride belong to Disney not the Imagineers. Therefore they can't legally take their plans and blueprints to another park and build the attraction. The can however design a ride for another park that is SIMILAR (as DD is) to one that was designed while they were Imagineers. It is also important to point out that no one Imagineer is entirely responsible for a Disney attraction. It is a team effort and we should not forget that.

If a ride identical to DD was designed for AK, and by the ride I mean the whole package not just the coaster. They could not build it at Universal simply because Disney passed on it. The details of the project involving the theme, story and many other aspects are done by WDI and are therefore the property of the walt disney company not the individuals who worked on it. They can't simply take that idea to another park.

Sorry I thought you were talking about the post you quoted, but thanks for clearifing

The only reason why I use the term Imagineer, is so I don't lose people by calling the UC. You are exactly right about the the story and blue prints being part of Disney property. One thing I must point out about the concept when Disney came up with the concept. A lot of people think that means they had the coaster layout already done, and the whole back story, when Disney wouldn't have anything to do with the coaster layout. I am sure that the story for DD was not the story that was thought up for Disney, if they even had a story done at that point, which is highly unlikely. The only thing they probably had was: Dueling Coaster, Dragon/Castle theme. Because they are very generic concepts, Disney can't own that as property. Having said that, if there was whole story with a whole back story, with characters drawlings that were taken and did everything that was drawn as it was drawn on the papers, then that could be a legal bind. Unless the whole concept was never owned by Disney to begin with and was presented to them by a contracted conceptual Designer that owns their own work and works under contract for Disney.

peter11435

Lynx04 said:
Sorry I thought you were talking about the post you quoted, but thanks for clearifing

The only reason why I use the term Imagineer, is so I don't lose people by calling the UC. You are exactly right about the the story and blue prints being part of Disney property. One thing I must point out about the concept when Disney came up with the concept. A lot of people think that means they had the coaster layout already done, and the whole back story, when Disney wouldn't have anything to do with the coaster layout. I am sure that the story for DD was not the story that was thought up for Disney, if they even had a story done at that point, which is highly unlikely. The only thing they probably had was: Dueling Coaster, Dragon/Castle theme. Because they are very generic concepts, Disney can't own that as property.
Well, then I guess were seeing things the same way then. And like you said outside firms design the coaster layout and mechanics.

CoffeeJedi

so when is Indyanna Jones Adventure coming to Animal Kingdom!!!1 Why won't you guys tell me!!!!!11 thats all i wanna know!!!!!!1one

wait, what were we talking about again?

oh yeah, that's right... i heard that the Yeti was just going to be a shirtless Robin Williams running around the attraction
"cover.... DISCOVER!!"

i mean... he is hairy enough

Burgstressera

WDWcouple said:

Associated Press

I actually laughed out loud at work too!! This is great.:lol:

But you know - I heard the Yeti isn't going to be a Yeti - It's going to be an 85 foot Harry Potter!!! Sorry - been reading too many of the 171 Harry Potter threads....:brick:

mkepcotmgmak

JKovach said:
if it is such a waste of time why did you waste your time to even bother replying that is in fact a waste of time? To make yourself look superior to everyone else, to feel above all? Don't say "no" cuz it obviously was, otherwise you could have sat there and gone "eh... that was a waste of time, i'm gonna go do something with my fascinating life because i'm better than the rest"

yet, instead you decided to post your arrogance and your rudeness

So, i think your a waste of time, but then hey... look at me wasting time on you... a waste of time

ironic?

I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul...

there was a little LOL smiley after his post... i don't think he meant any harm... :wave:

mkepcotmgmak

Lynx04 said:
Might as well make him Rick James. As the train rolls by him he can swipe at the cars and say, "I'm Rick James, B$#CH."

funniest thing i've heard ALL day!
I can see the Yeti grinding his snowy feet on a brand new couch now... LOL!

mkepcotmgmak

spoodles said:
OK, I know this post is couple days old, but I'm just getting to reading this thread.

WOW, this pic scares me more than the Matterhorn one. Is that Bea Arthur, or Phyllis Diller?

THAT IS CREEPY! SHE DOES LOOK LIKE PHYLLIS IN THAT PICTURE!!! :lol:

Lynx04

mkepcotmgmak said:
funniest thing i've heard ALL day!
I can see the Yeti grinding his snowy feet on a brand new couch now... LOL!
And when you go through the dark tunnels, you will hear him yell, "Darkness"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom