Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
The basic gist is (Eddie could probably tell you more) a Show Writer writes the scripts for the attractions and most of the other nomenclature in the park. A Producer is (most of the time) the person who oversees the project or Creative Lead. I believe the Producer reports to one of the vice presidents (Baxter' Jacobson' Rohde' etc.)

That would pretty much be a "yup".

Figment632

Hey Eddie any thoughts on what Disney might do with the rumored upcoming Journey into the Imagination over haul, or what you would do?

I really hope they gut every thing and give us a new ride with Dream FInder and Figment using the ride system from Pooh's Honey Hut in TDL.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Hey Eddie any thoughts on what Disney might do with the rumored upcoming Journey into the Imagination over haul, or what you would do?

I really hope they gut every thing and give us a new ride with Dream Finder and Figment using the ride system from Pooh's Honey Hut in TDL.

I see what you mean. That trackless ride system could be very complimentary to the notion of the mind "wandering". I think you are right in that those vehicles heading off in different directions feels right for that pavilion. Why should imagination be bound to a track? I always liked the turntable with the big dream machine, but I think they demo'ed it. They could do Dreamfinder better now with the new AA technology. Too bad you couldn't have the vehicles all gather as "dreams" inside the psychedelic "idea bag" (plaid sack attached to the dream machine), get "inspired" by Figment and after spinning and colliding in there like atoms, then "explode" out in different directions to explore the imagination and it's outcomes. Have several fun realms to explore like the "Mind's Eye", rescue ideas trapped on the "tip of your tongue", explore "nightmares", etc. Maybe in the end, your Imagination journey has led you somewhere even more fun, where Figment sadly waves goodbye as your "dreams" have bloomed into exciting "realities"! (we see images of ourselves in the show, etc) etc. Oh well. Too late now!

BTW- I have no knowledge of what if anything they are planning to do with that show in the near future. (I'm not really an "insider" like WDW1974). The last update was not very popular from what I hear, so we are probably overdue for a new experience. IMHO Figment is still the heart and soul of whatever they do there.

EPCOT Explorer

I see what you mean. That trackless ride system could be very complimentary to the notion of the mind "wandering". I think you are right in that those vehicles heading off in different directions feels right for that pavilion. Why should imagination be bound to a track? I always liked the turntable with the big dream machine, but I think they demo'ed it. They could do Dreamfinder better now with the new AA technology. Too bad you couldn't have the vehicles all gather inside the psychedelic "idea bag" (plaid sack attached to the dream machine), get "inspired" by Figment and after spinning and colliding in there like atoms, then "explode" out in different directions to explore the imagination and it's outcomes. Have several fun realms to explore like the "Mind's Eye", etc. Oh well. Too late now!

BTW- I have no knowledge of what if anything they are planning to do with that show in the near future. (I'm not really an "insider" like WDW1974). The last update was not very popular from what I hear, so we are probably overdue for a new experience. IMHO Figment is still the heart and soul of whatever they do there.
Don't forget the Dreamfinder...like last time, thanks. ;):lookaroun:lol:

hack2112

They're a team. Who else can drive the dream machine?
250px-Melllvar.jpg

Melllvar, Ultimate Fanboi can!

Figment632

I see what you mean. That trackless ride system could be very complimentary to the notion of the mind "wandering". I think you are right in that those vehicles heading off in different directions feels right for that pavilion. Why should imagination be bound to a track? I always liked the turntable with the big dream machine, but I think they demo'ed it. They could do Dreamfinder better now with the new AA technology. Too bad you couldn't have the vehicles all gather as "dreams" inside the psychedelic "idea bag" (plaid sack attached to the dream machine), get "inspired" by Figment and after spinning and colliding in there like atoms, then "explode" out in different directions to explore the imagination and it's outcomes. Have several fun realms to explore like the "Mind's Eye", rescue ideas trapped on the "tip of your tongue", explore "nightmares", etc. Maybe in the end, your Imagination journey has led you somewhere even more fun, where Figment sadly waves goodbye as your "dreams" have bloomed into exciting "realities"! (we see images of ourselves in the show, etc) etc. Oh well. Too late now!

Thanks for your input all of that is genius! Eddie I really wish you were the head of WDI!

Wow, I would absolutely love it if they used the trackless system for Journey into Imagination.

Yea I have been hoping they would use that system for the JII redo for a while. That system is a perfect fit for JII imo.

WDW1974

That actually would have been the perfect location to 'introduce' the Hunny Hunt ride system to the USA. Just imagine (pun intended) the possibilities ...

Quote:

HAH!!!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

WDW1974 doesn't like the word 'insider' and he thinks the Imagineer knows plenty about plenty.

I'm only an 'insider' in that I have a wide web (like Spidey, who Disney now owns!) of connections in many facets of the entertainment business. But I am utterly clueless about some things, including what Disney will do with Imagination.

I do know that between versions 2.0 and 3.0, the company spent upwards of $75 million to get an attraction that is a creative failure and draws less people than the original did in its final days in the late 1990s.

Maybe I am slow, but I kinda think they would have been better to do nothing than destroy a classic and waste that kind of money. Just one Spirit's opinion.:xmas:

RSoxNo1

I do know that between versions 2.0 and 3.0, the company spent upwards of $75 million to get an attraction that is a creative failure and draws less people than the original did in its final days in the late 1990s.

Maybe I am slow, but I kinda think they would have been better to do nothing than destroy a classic and waste that kind of money. Just one Spirit's opinion.:xmas:

$75 million... where did it go?

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
So now I'm going to go to bed and dream of riding Eddie's JII v. 4.0.

:(

Don't be sad. Just try not to wake up before the ride is over! The unbuilt attractions have shorter lines than real ones too. I usually ride by myself and at the last minute they seat Angelina Jolie next to me! Dream rides can be great.

As a kid, I used to have a re-occuring dream that I was at the park with my parents, and dying to go on rides, but before anything we were made to sit and eat some slow 3 course lunch at Plaza Inn and watch the other kids having fun out the window while they chatted and finished. When they finally did, and we headed outside, I always woke up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom