Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks (Part II)

Bolna

The Animal Kingdom opening show at the Tree of Life is something which I miss - and like someone else said: being able to travel in the front of the monorail.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Another detail from DL

Agree on riding in front on the Monorail. That was huge for me as a kid. I'll toss in riding in the top of the Caboose on the SF&D RR and the Sunkist Jungle Julep drink.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If you could bring back on small detail from WDW, not a whole ride just a detail, what would it be?

I'd like to see the Orange Bird.

Well, although theoretically it is small yet so large in its physical manifestation, the Hat gone! I miss walking into The Studios and seeing The Chinese theater.

Outside of that I would say trees at the Hub. It added so much but very subtle to the area.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I preferred the wide open space feel of Communicore with the 2 story windows, instead of the closed-in feel of Innoventions...we can still see that past the Character Spot on the way to Club Cool (And on tha note, I wish there were more benches there, its a perfect spot to relax and escape the heat)

RSoxNo1

I would come up with two elements from classic Epcot:

1. The second level of the Centurium/Mouse Gear - I don't know why, but I loved the elevator and the sports stuff up there
2. The old Image Works.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Go back to ticket books, no APs, and lose fast pass.

I guess the tiny detail thing is growing into bigger projects.

I really appreciate my AP, since it allows my wife and I more days in the parks, and also let's us purchase the Tables in Wonderland. We are not Florida residents (yet), so we enjoy the 20% savings.

I just can't see them going back to ticket books, simply because of the logistics of taking the tickets at each attraction, and managing the books, people losing them, or "claiming" to lose them, etc. People would also start trying to swap out 2 B tickets for a D or something else really stupid like that. You know how the "entitled" people are! :eek: More headache than I am sure they are willing to deal with, though it would certainly cut down on the lines for most of the major attractions! :)

I miss the Toddler Mornings at Magic Kingdom. They only did this for 2 years and in Sept but it was the best. Only Fantasyland was open and the characters came out and interacted with the guest. Not just sign a book and take a picture (which the books were not "allowed") but they rode rides or played games with kids. I have fond memories of my daughter playing peek-a-boo with Minnie. And riding on the carousel with Mary Poppins.

~Amanda

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
:ROFLOL:
I really appreciate my AP, since it allows my wife and I more days in the parks, and also let's us purchase the Tables in Wonderland. We are not Florida residents (yet), so we enjoy the 20% savings.

I just can't see them going back to ticket books, simply because of the logistics of taking the tickets at each attraction, and managing the books, people losing them, or "claiming" to lose them, etc. People would also start trying to swap out 2 B tickets for a D or something else really stupid like that. You know how the "entitled" people are! :eek: More headache than I am sure they are willing to deal with, though it would certainly cut down on the lines for most of the major attractions! :)

All true, but I just want my serendipity back..

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
If you could bring back on small detail from WDW, not a whole ride just a detail, what would it be?

I'd like to see the Orange Bird.

MK -- The Davy Crocket Explorer Canoes and/or the Diamond Horseshoe Review, or if tose violate the detail because they were technically attractions, the character mural that was in the old AP processing center

Epcot -- The Epcot Poll. Don't know why, but I loved that thing.

DHS -- a recently created and killed detail -- Luxo in Pixar Place.

DAK -- The Pocahontas show.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
That is still in use in some sections of Epcot but not much in promotional material sadly.

The WDI company store sells apparel with each old pavilion logo. Very subtle and pretty cool. They had the orange bird as a T-shirt but theres no way I would wear that.

KevinYee

Just returned from five days in Paris (four of which were spent at Disney). The resort is showing some rough edges, but it's still a fantastic destination. Pirates, Mansion, Thunder, Pan, Snow White: still the best versions of those rides on the planet.

One of the highlights for us was riding in the Main Street police car (you're caged in). It was a totally unexpected find to see it there in the late morning. No one else seemed interested, and the street was probably too crowded for it, but damn the torpedoes and go for it, we rode up to the castle in style. I love "little moments" like that. It didn't have to be much more than an A-ticket experience to make my day.

Main Street is looking great, Eddie. And I do believe I've never seen the Statue of Liberty attraction in the Liberty Arcade before in any of my various (four?) trips prior to this one--neat! I think I never knew it was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom