Eddie Sotto's take on the current state of the parks (Part II)

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
My husband and I were just talking about that the other night. With the advancements in robotic limbs and testing and treatments on children still in utero, as well as the improvements in physical fitness opportunities, it would seem a natural and useful fit to EPCOT. They could even get Captain Hook involved I suppose.

That is really funny. Captain Hook and Pegleg Pete get new AA limbs to practice Crime in a barrier free way. Pan would not have to fight Hook with one hand behind his back. Imagine how the story would have been different. BTW-What was his name before the Crocodile took his hand? Captain Villain? Maybe Hook would lose his vendetta against Peter Pan (Pan threw him to the Croc) once he has a new limb? Certainly there could be a "Great Villain Makeover" at the pavilion!

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Sleepy gets treated for Narcolepsy. Of course, the whole Dwarf/Hunchback of Notre Dame thing opens up a Genetic/DNA can of worms. I guess the topic is pretty broad once you think about it. Donald Duck gets anger management classes, Eeyore gets treated for depression, Peter Pan has spawned an entire syndrome, and Piglet must conquer his stuttering. The medical side of character "wellness" is a broad subject indeed. The good news is that we love them all them just as they are!

Nemo14

Sleepy gets treated for Narcolepsy. Of course, the whole Dwarf/Hunchback of Notre Dame thing opens up a Genetic/DNA can of worms. I guess the topic is pretty broad once you think about it. Donald Duck gets anger management classes, Eeyore gets treated for depression, Peter Pan has spawned an entire syndrome, and Piglet must conquer his stuttering. The medical side of character "wellness" is a broad subject indeed. The good news is that we love them all them just as they are!

Love it!
yelrotflmao.gif

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Congratulations Eddie and the rest of the Rivera team: Pulitzer prize-winning food critic Jonathan Gold puts you as the 11th best restaurant in Los Angeles. Which is high praise indeed.

It is. Thank you for the shout out. It is great to see that. The credit of course goes to our chef John Sedlar. Gold also gave us "Best new Restaurant in LA" when we opened about 5 years ago. If you have not tried Rivera, do so, it is a very unique dining experience.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
You can't read that stuff without smiling. Those were just amazing times for creative minds.

They were. Cynicism was alive and well back then too. I will never forget how Herb would react when he saw something that WDI did that did not meet his expectations, he'd say "bad taste costs no more". That whole Eros magazine thing was funny to me as I was not aware of that story.

StageFrenzy

Soooo Daft Punk album, does it live up to the hype? Gut feeling no, If it had a little less marketing it might have been epic. But I love it all the same, it is the kind of album that you listen all the way through the first couple times and then skip to your favs.
This song is like if Kermit the frog and space mountain had a baby:

Outta time but ill come back to it later.

StageFrenzy

I'd love to see what they could do teamed up with some imagineers for a tomorrowland. In my mind I can see them getting a hold of the SGE theaters and making a multisensory experience based off of a couple songs on Random access memories.

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
I'd love to see what they could do teamed up with some imagineers for a tomorrowland. In my mind I can see them getting a hold of the SGE theaters and making a multisensory experience based off of a couple songs on Random access memories.
Don't get me started again on a "Tron Uprising" Attraction or restyled Tron-esque Tomorrowland.

Animaniac93-98

Having finally seen it in person, I have a request for you Mr. Sotto.

Can you re-design all of America's "main streets" to look as nice as yours in DLP? Walt's was especially nice. :D

Edit: I see your "Dolly!" avatar, and I approve. Have you bought the Blu-ray yet?

Eddie Sotto

Premium Member
Edit: I see your "Dolly!" avatar, and I approve. Have you bought the Blu-ray yet?

Yes. Preordered it. There is so much more to see in the Blu-ray. Pay close attention to the color styling and set design. Simply beautiful and in realistic, but still romantic away. The Harmonia Gardens is a riot of detail, but all the same, the color choices make it graphically work very well.

Animaniac93-98

Yes. Preordered it. There is so much more to see in the Blu-ray. Pay close attention to the color styling and set design. Simply beautiful and in realistic, but still romantic away. The Harmonia Gardens is a riot of detail, but all the same, the color choices make it graphically work very well.

Audio is much improved from the DVD too. These 70mm films are the best looking on Blu-ray IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom