Easter 2013 park phase closings

Todd L

Man..My neighbors Drove down from from New york last sunday.

I took 2 days to get there in bumper to bumper traffic down I-95 .

They checked into the Boardwalk on tuesday, paid Top dollar for the room (booked last minute)

The Ride ques were ENORMOUS!!

Couldnt get a decent vewi of the parades or fireworks.

The Buses were so full It took over an Hour to catch one on most days.

50 minutes in line to get a burger and fries at quick service and no tables available to sit and eat..Sat injun style in the corner on the floor!!

They left Saturday Morning spent Easter In Bumper to Bumper traffic on I-95 to get home Today.....

And, Im still jealous i didnt get to go!!!!!

Lexxweb

Good luck getting there without facing either 535 or over a dozen lights trying to traverse WDW property (where you're also likely to hit some gridlock). Same problem applies to using Western Way.

I've lived in this part of town for 9 years, I know multiple ways around I-4. None are time-effective. The surface streets are often just as bad as the highway. It's generally only 6 weeks out of the year--but that 6 weeks can drive you crazy (pun intended).

I've live in Orlando for years, too. I live on Universal Blvd and I travel via Palm Parkway or Apopka Vineland often. I never have trouble getting to Disney or Universal using these roads. They're not perfect, but they're definitely a time saver in comparison to a backed up I-4.

PhotoDave219

I've live in Orlando for years, too. I live on Universal Blvd and I travel via Palm Parkway or Apopka Vineland often. I never have trouble getting to Disney or Universal using these roads. They're not perfect, but they're definitely a time saver in comparison to a backed up I-4.

Well stop by the post office and get my mail. And a pizza while youre out.

I'm confused! (Common occurrence!). We've been here over the Easter weekend - saw fireworks from perfect place in front of castle, fantasmic at the 8:30 showing and RoE from Canada (always only arriving about 5 mins before first bang), have gotten on every ride several times (using FP when possible), haven't queued for food anywhere, never waited more than 10 mins for a bus back to the hotel,I don't get what posts above are on about....!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
I'm confused! (Common occurrence!). We've been here over the Easter weekend - saw fireworks from perfect place in front of castle, fantasmic at the 8:30 showing and RoE from Canada (always only arriving about 5 mins before first bang), have gotten on every ride several times (using FP when possible), haven't queued for food anywhere, never waited more than 10 mins for a bus back to the hotel,I don't get what posts above are on about....!
It was busier during the week hence the phase closings Monday-Thursday of last week, for whatever reason the weekend crowds weren't as expected. As Dave pointed out above they were actually overstaffed and sending cast home at points over the weekend.

Todd L

Were you there THIS year for easter??

I wasnt but Ive heard from 2 different friends that it was wall to wall people and The parks were in Phase 3 shut down 3 or 4 times in the last week according to this forum and a few other Disney sites???

Maybe it was a little slower over the weekends and actual Holiday??

Nemo14

It was busier during the week hence the phase closings Monday-Thursday of last week, for whatever reason the weekend crowds weren't as expected. As Dave pointed out above they were actually overstaffed and sending cast home at points over the weekend.

It makes sense if you think about it. If people had the week before Easter off, they'd be returning home on Sunday, one way or another, right?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
It makes sense if you think about it. If people had the week before Easter off, they'd be returning home on Sunday, one way or another, right?
Yes it does make sense, especially now that (seemingly) most schools only get one week off this time of year instead of two.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe it was a little slower over the weekends and actual Holiday??

The wait times over the weekend weren't that bad actually - they were for the majors... but by 10pm most of the waits were under 30mins. Curious to see what it will be this week... mmy parents are down with my sister's family so I've been curious voyeur from afar...

Hey ToddLee - yep, this weekend - actually we're still here (us annoying British people who all get 2 weeks school vacation around Easter!). Yes the parks are busy with people (mostly bickering with each other!), but most seem to be standing around complaining about how busy it is and not actually getting on rides (seriously!). We had been warned that these two weeks would be bonkers (we couldn't get a direct flight from UK as all seats were sold), but we have been very surprised about how much we are getting done each day.

Here is the wired one for you, I just drove home and passed MK parking, they have three of the back overflow lots full and where in section 5 of villains. I drive home from work this way every day and have never seen it that full on a Monday after a holiday.

Todd L

Hey ToddLee - yep, this weekend - actually we're still here (us annoying British people who all get 2 weeks school vacation around Easter!). Yes the parks are busy with people (mostly bickering with each other!), but most seem to be standing around complaining about how busy it is and not actually getting on rides (seriously!). We had been warned that these two weeks would be bonkers (we couldn't get a direct flight from UK as all seats were sold), but we have been very surprised about how much we are getting done each day.
Well, I always enjoy speaking The The Visitors from the U.k. When Im down at wdw. They are always easy going and much more laid back ..

I enjoy the resorts in the early morning and have gotten into the habit of getting to the parks later in the day and having a much more enjoyable time!!

We used to hit the parks at Rope drop, The pools late afternoon and Downtown for dinner...always in a crowd.

Now its Downtown in the morning, The pool by 11 a.m. and the parks at around 3 or 4 in the late afternoon....were walking in as the throngs are leaving.

PhotoDave219

Plus the lack of a giant attendance "pop" for New Fantasyland.

Its not gotten the response they expected. One would think that in the "largest expansion in park history" that they would have added more than one ride.....

asianway

Plus the lack of a giant attendance "pop" for New Fantasyland.

Its not gotten the response they expected. One would think that in the "largest expansion in park history" that they would have added more than one ride.....
With Easter falling early on the calendar this year & Fantasyland, I was expecting a Phase 4 for sure...and it never happened. Maybe NFE soaked up some of the crowd but the double deck of Easter & spring break should have blown 2012 out of the water

FabulousFigment

Wow.. I knew that this week was going to be busy but from my end of the business, it did not look anywhere near as busy as last week. I was supposed to be down there this week and I hate to say it but I am kinda glad I am not!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom