East Parking Garage construction

djkidkaz

I was just realizing it's kinda odd that they didn't build the bus loop or parking structure behind Cirque so that you would have to pass everything on west side forcing you to see it all. I think majority of people will come out of the garage or off the bus, walk down the path towards Harley shop and then head towards the landing. You have to specifically want something from one of the locations down towards Cirque to actually go that way.

lazyboy97o

I was just realizing it's kinda odd that they didn't build the bus loop or parking structure behind Cirque so that you would have to pass everything on west side forcing you to see it all. I think majority of people will come out of the garage or off the bus, walk down the path towards Harley shop and then head towards the landing. You have to specifically want something from one of the locations down towards Cirque to actually go that way.
There was already a bus stop down there which Disney had stopped using.

Next Big Thing

Where the new bus stop is is where the majority of the new shops are going. People will and do still go to the West side because of it's entertainment options, but dropping off in front of an area where foreigners can spend thousands (and will) is no accident.

Jon81uk

What about those unable to walk long distances? Placing the bus stops in the centre of the property is the best way to make sure they are accessable from all areas of Disney Springs easily.

mm121

What about those unable to walk long distances? Placing the bus stops in the centre of the property is the best way to make sure they are accessable from all areas of Disney Springs easily.
if they really cared about accessibly they would have incorporated some type of transit around the outside to get from the marketplace to the west side and between the parking structrures/bus stops etc

like the trolly at califorina adventure or something rather than relying soley on the boats that are limited in their usefulness

roj2323

if they really cared about accessibly they would have incorporated some type of transit around the outside to get from the marketplace to the west side and between the parking structrures/bus stops etc
like the trolly at California adventure or something rather than relying solely on the boats that are limited in their usefulness
Then people would be annoyed because there wouldn't be enough room, or service is slow, or there's no bathroom, exc. The whole idea of Disney Springs is to get people to walk around and explore while spending gobs of money. This is why there is top notch entertainment and restaurants and even special events like the car show and Chalk Art. The whole idea is to keep people there as long as possible so they spend more money. A trolly while it would be cool for theming takes away from that idea.

Djali999

Flow through Downtown Disney should be greatly improved by all of the new walkways. We're all so accustomed to taking that idiotically circuitous route through West Side, Pleasure Island and Marketplace that its hard to imagine how much easier to get around the whole thing will be when it's done.

Still, obviously old school fans like myself will always want to see a Peoplemover through the area, and it would be a great idea. Disney could even charge for it, like they planned to do back in the 70s. But before anyone gets on a soapbox about how adding transit to the area would detract from its goals, let's not forget that Caruso Affiliated, the company that Disney hired to design Disney Springs for them, got the job because of two malls right near Disney in Burbank: Americana and The Grove. And they both have streetcars:

IMG_5760.JPG

The-Grove-at-Farmers-Market_full.jpeg

Just saying.

lazyboy97o

let's not forget that Caruso Affiliated, the company that Disney hired to design Disney Springs for them
Caruso Affiliated is a developer, not a design firm. Americana, The Grove and even Downtown Disney Anaheim were designed by Elkus-Manfredi Architects who did the initial development of Disney Springs before the work was passed on primarily to VOA Associates.

articos

Caruso Affiliated is a developer, not a design firm. Americana, The Grove and even Downtown Disney Anaheim were designed by Elkus-Manfredi Architects who did the initial development of Disney Springs before the work was passed on primarily to VOA Associates.
And many of the people hired for those projects were ex-WDI. So, essentially, Disney outsourced to Disney.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Can anyone confirm where the current bus stop is for Disney Springs? We're staying at Saratoga next week and we'd love to be able to walk to and from the Marketplace bus stop from Congress Park.

matt9112

We did exactly this never went the other way until we purposely thought about it.

cinderellafan6

Ok sorry if this was already talked about but I am going there next week and was wondering about the parking. I don't want to park at the west side. Is there another parking lot/garage we can park at so I can go to guest services? I dont want to do that walk from west side all the way to the other end. Thanks guys!

Gatorboy

Ok sorry if this was already talked about but I am going there next week and was wondering about the parking. I don't want to park at the west side. Is there another parking lot/garage we can park at so I can go to guest services? I dont want to do that walk from west side all the way to the other end. Thanks guys!
Lime Garage (in front of the Landings) is supposed to open Sunday, 15th. New guest services is going to be in Welcome Center in the Landings starting the 15th also

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom