East Parking Garage construction

roj2323

In the garages.

I'll add that the Orange garage has ADA parking along the Disney Springs side on every level. ( I think it's safe to assume Lime garage will be the same) There's tons of ADA parking so there should be spaces available no matter the crowd size. There's also elevators to access everything so you are covered on that front as well.

Herah

I'll add that the Orange garage has ADA parking along the Disney Springs side on every level. ( I think it's safe to assume Lime garage will be the same) There's tons of ADA parking so there should be spaces available no matter the crowd size. There's also elevators to access everything so you are covered on that front as well.
Thank you so much!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Sunday, May 15. The Lime parking garage was more "complete" when opened today than the Orange garage when it opened, which had many updates over several months. There is no ground level pedestrian access between Town Center and the Lime garage; it is blocked by walls, with no way to "sneak through." Guests must use the stairways, elevators, or escalators in the Lime garage to the second floor main entrance to Town Center.

The Lime garage has two auto entrances off Buena Vista Drive. At the east end of the Lime garage shown here, there are two right turn lanes, which are divided, preventing cars from changing lanes. One lane goes to level 1 parking, the other lane to upper levels via a ramp. Also as seen in the photo below, the exits here are left and right turns only; the only exits for the Lime garage.

IMG_7906.JPG

Below is the view of the two right turn lanes from Buena Vista Drive into the Lime garage. The outer lane with the blue car goes to a ramp. The inner lane goes to level 1 parking. Behind the trees is the old Marketplace surface parking lot, which will eventually be valet parking.

IMG_7904.JPG

On the west end of the Lime garage is this intersection at the gas station on Buena Vista Drive. As shown, there are two left turn lanes into the Lime garage, as well as a single right turn lane (where the camper is). Note the lanes on the right are for Disney bus traffic only, to/from the new transportation terminal. They feed directly into the separate bus lanes in the center of Buena Vista Drive. There is no auto exit at the west end for the Lime garage.

IMG_7907.JPG

Another view of the west auto entrance lanes, and the Disney bus lanes clearly marked. Note the auto entrance lane here splits in two, both level 1 access.

IMG_7909.JPG

The red SUV will be entering the west end of the Lime garage. The Disney bus lanes can be seen curving in front of the main pedestrian entrance to Town Center (archway). The new Disney bus terminal is not open yet. Maps say early June. For now, the Marketplace bus terminal is still operational "thru early June."

The traffic lane between the garage and Disney Springs appears to be for service vehicles only. There is no access for private vehicles.

IMG_7910.JPG

The level 2 access for the Lime garage into Town Center is themed to match the architecture of Town Center.

IMG_7915.JPG

And here is the view from the escalator / stairs of the Lime garage into Town Center.

IMG_7902.JPG

Finally, here is the service access road between the Lime garage and Town Center, with World of Disney on the left in this photo. This is the road that connects to the road under the pedestrian bridge at Hotel Plaza Blvd and along the old Marketplace surface parking lot.

IMG_7903.JPG

Last edited:

Martinezia5

On the west end of the Lime garage is this intersection at the gas station on Buena Vista Drive. As shown, there are two left turn lanes into the Lime garage, as well as a single right turn lane (where the camper is). Note the lanes on the right are for Disney bus traffic only, to/from the new transportation terminal. They feed directly into the separate bus lanes in the center of Buena Vista Drive. There is no auto exit at the west end for the Lime garage.

View attachment 142117
I wonder that if a bus comes from the Hotel Plaza Blvd area how will it get into the bus lanes and into the new bus terminal?

peter11435

I wonder that if a bus comes from the Hotel Plaza Blvd area how will it get into the bus lanes and into the new bus terminal?
I would imagine that won't be happening. This bus terminal will only be used by Disney transport buses and they will probably only come from the west. The only resort that this would negatively impact would be Saratoga Springs and that's really not that big of a problem. For years all resort buses have had to take a long out of the way trip down Disney Vacation Club Way to access DtD/DS. Now only Saratoga Springs buses will have to travel out of their way.

joelkfla

I would imagine that won't be happening. This bus terminal will only be used by Disney transport buses and they will probably only come from the west. The only resort that this would negatively impact would be Saratoga Springs and that's really not that big of a problem. For years all resort buses have had to take a long out of the way trip down Disney Vacation Club Way to access DtD/DS. Now only Saratoga Springs buses will have to travel out of their way.
Most excellent photo survey of the new garage!

Yes, the Hotel Plaza and any other outside buses currently use the depot at Cirque. Nobody has said what will happen to the existing Marketplace bus loop; maybe that will become the stop for outside buses, or maybe they'll continue to use the Cirque loop.

The new DS depot was designed only for eastbound ingress and westbound egress. If a bus somehow fails to get into the bus lane before reaching the entrance, it will have to circle all the way around the back past SSR, OKW, & TL. It's likely the SSR bus will change it's route to enter and exit the main entrance of the resort, serving stops in the same order as the theme park buses. There was talk of possibly adding an internal resort shuttle to accommodate guests traveling from The Springs (at SSR) to the other stops.

Interesting point: the new depot is designed to allow buses to drop everyone off before going to their pickup load zone. On the 5th photo, showing the west entrance lanes with PH in the background, you can clearly see the drop-off spaces along the curb to the right of the water tower. This is the only WDW bus loop designed to separate the drop off from the pickup.

Last edited:

halltd

I've lived here for 3 years and that's simply not the case. There's also a ton of lakes, Cattle ranches and swampland you could hit.
Drive out behind the Magic Kingdom and turn left. Among the massive land clearing for all the "little boxes made of ticky tacky" there are plenty of citrus groves left. Drive Northwest a bit further are there are acres and acres of them.

dstrawn9889

the point is, citrus is absolutely fine for garage names, because of the cultivation of them in the area... not really so hard to understand why they went with fruit instead of characters

jt04

"Lime" and "Orange"

I get Orange... but why lime??

Because back in the day there was a citrus farm here from what I have heard.

PS- good to see the charging stations on the roof of the garages. Nice add. TESLA should be allowed to add a station across LBV somewhere IMO.

dstrawn9889

if you ticket the non plug in electrics, or the ones that are not currently plugged in, they wont be filled-- besides, if they are not conveniently placed on level 2, then there is less chance for them to be occupied

G00fyDad

if you ticket the non plug in electrics, or the ones that are not currently plugged in, they wont be filled-- besides, if they are not conveniently placed on level 2, then there is less chance for them to be occupied

You don't seriously think only levels 1 and 2 will be full do you? Those garages are going to be filled to the top this summer.

dstrawn9889

orange deck is almost equivalent to ALL of DTD surface parking by itself (by my SWAG counting of spaces from Google Maps...) there is more than enough parking in lime and orange, not to mention strawberry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom