East Parking Garage construction

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Tuesday, March 8. While the Lime garage still has a long way to go, the exterior is well along at the east end of the garage, near the World of Disney store.

IMG_7505.JPG

halltd

Overhead shot of the Lime Garage as well as part of the Town Center (from Bioreconstruct)

lime_zpszkpeytsd.jpg
I know these garages were needed, but I still think they're a massive eyesore to an otherwise amazingly well done renovation. This picture illustrates that perfectly. Great collection of buildings built up over the course of time around a spring with a massive industrial parking garage just plopped down right next to it. I'm still somewhat amazed how well a story can be woven into the rest of Disney Springs with absolutely no tie-in to the garages. :(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I know these garages were needed, but I still think they're a massive eyesore to an otherwise amazingly well done renovation. This picture illustrates that perfectly. Great collection of buildings built up over the course of time around a spring with a massive industrial parking garage just plopped down right next to it. I'm still somewhat amazed how well a story can be woven into the rest of Disney Springs with absolutely no tie-in to the garages. :(
It's called "suspension of disbelief".

Just like how the owners of the Haunted Mansion thought far enough in advance to build a queue going up to the side entrance to their house.

Somethings you just have to overlook because of the crowds of people all trying to see the same thing as YOU.

mm121

not sure how they could have tied them into the story, but im sure something could have been devised with some effort

woulda been cool if they maybe would have built them across the street then have automated people movers that looked like antique cars

would have cost more but would have been super cool, and would have left space for future expansion of the town center

Next Big Thing

When you're actually at DS (not in the air), you barely notice them. They don't stand out at all imo.

halltd

When you're actually at DS (not in the air), you barely notice them. They don't stand out at all imo.
When you're walking toward West Side from The Landing and you're at the top of the hill outside of STK, the garage is right smack in front of you. At night, it's even worse because the light coming from inside the garage is horrible. It looks like the building is still under construction, actually.

I just wish they had wrapped the garage with buildings so it was completely invisible.

Next Big Thing

When you're walking toward West Side from The Landing and you're at the top of the hill outside of STK, the garage is right smack in front of you. At night, it's even worse because the light coming from inside the garage is horrible. It looks like the building is still under construction, actually.

I just wish they had wrapped the garage with buildings so it was completely invisible.
That's why I said "barely". From pretty much everywhere but the hill, you cant even see the garage. Doesn't bother me a bit. It's a mall for goodness sake.

jt04

That's not the garage you were talking about though ;)

Admittedly though, that view is much worse than anything with the Orange Garage.

There is no certainty they are done building structures and new stores. I have a hunch demand will continue to exceed supply for many offerings.

roj2323

This view is also barely visible. I'm feelin' what you're saying now!
PS: It's not a mall. It's a town. ;)
img_7505-jpg.133608

LOL, If Disney Springs is not a mall, then Animal Kingdom is not a Zoo. =P

That said I happen to really like this mall as it's far more interesting and unique than the concrete box malls of the 1980's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom