East Parking Garage construction

roj2323

DSCN9411.JPG
DSCN9413.JPG
DSCN9470.JPG

from save PI today: http://savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2015/07/dtd-update-east-garage-rising.html

Based on my in person viewing of this garage I don't believe it will be more than 4 stories tall. The cranes are simply not high enough in the air to support building a 5th floor.

halltd

Based on my in person viewing of this garage I don't believe it will be more than 4 stories tall. The cranes are simply not high enough in the air to support building a 5th floor.
Don't they normally jump the cranes as the building gets taller? I didn't pay close enough attention to the first garage to see if they did this, but that's still a possibility.

G00fyDad

I could be wrong, but I think I remember in the initial Disney Springs announcement they said the Marketplace garage would be one floor shorter than West Side and thinking that that was weird.

That is odd. Maybe it has to do with sight lines or something. These things are going to be relatively close to one another. Wouldn't it look really weird to have one shorter than the other?

CDavid

I could be wrong, but I think I remember in the initial Disney Springs announcement they said the Marketplace garage would be one floor shorter than West Side and thinking that that was weird.

That is odd. Maybe it has to do with sight lines or something. These things are going to be relatively close to one another. Wouldn't it look really weird to have one shorter than the other?

Without actually searching out the answer, I believe @Next Big Thing is correct and the Marketplace garage is intended to be only four stories. I doubt you will notice much difference when the structures are complete.

G00fyDad

Without actually searching out the answer, I believe @Next Big Thing is correct and the Marketplace garage is intended to be only four stories. I doubt you will notice much difference when the structures are complete.

With the exception that with just that little small piece of grass between the two of them where the buses will be pulling in and turning around and that fountain will be pretty close together and you'll be able to see that one is taller than the other.

Next Big Thing

Official name: (from Disney Springs sources and used in training new personnel).
The east parking garage will be named Lime, with 3 levels of parking.
Seems like a fairly obvious choice since they went with Orange on the other side. I actually feel like it should've been flipped though (limes go with alcohol, lots of alcohol is around The Landing/West Side)

Also, I know some people will be shocked at the 3 levels of parking, but go back to the original announcement in March 2013 by Staggs. It was said that the Marketplace garage would have 3 levels from the start. I think it's mistake, but it is what it is.

halltd

Seems like a fairly obvious choice since they went with Orange on the other side. I actually feel like it should've been flipped though (limes go with alcohol, lots of alcohol is around The Landing/West Side)

Also, I know some people will be shocked at the 3 levels of parking, but go back to the original announcement in March 2013 by Staggs. It was said that the Marketplace garage would have 3 levels from the start. I think it's mistake, but it is what it is.
I still liked Osceola as a better name. But, I kinda figured it would be a citrus fruit all along. :)

I still don't fully comprehend how traffic is going to flow in and out of the Lime garage without causing massive backups over by that intersection anyways, so having limited capacity seems like a good thing to me. Keep all the cars over where access is easier in and out.

roj2323

why would they roof one and not the other? that looks like the transition from 2nd to thirds' rebar
There's no reason to think they would waste the money putting a roof on the garage when they can park cars on it. I have no reason to believe this garage will be any different than the Orange garage other than overall size / # of parking spots.

Next Big Thing

why would they roof one and not the other? that looks like the transition from 2nd to thirds' rebar

There's no reason to think they would waste the money putting a roof on the garage when they can park cars on it. I have no reason to believe this garage will be any different than the Orange garage other than overall size / # of parking spots.
I wasn't suggesting they were going to "roof one". I was saying the roof would be a 4th floor, but it'd technically only be 3 stories tall still. Just like the garage on the west side is technically only 4 stories but parks 5 stories worth of cars with the roof.

ULPO46

I have doubts that this parking expansion will help any. There are times that even the lots of Universal Studios get full. Are they still only building just two garages? and if so why are they leaving regular ground parking still. They should build parking garages for the entire entertainment complex.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have doubts that this parking expansion will help any. There are times that even the lots of Universal Studios get full. Are they still only building just two garages? and if so why are they leaving regular ground parking still. They should build parking garages for the entire entertainment complex.

Because garages are expensive to built, they are only going to build as much as they think they need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom