News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

dreday3

Even if they are at the expense of EMH at MK or DHS?

For us? 100%. 1000%.

It will be dark by 7 in December and 2 hours wandering AK in the dark, which we've never been able to do (always just almost dark by the time it closes when we are there) is AMAZING.
We can go to MK and DHS any night of the trip after dark.

JohnD

I highly doubt this will be popular, there is no true night show at AK, 7-9pm is the time period when other shows will run. Highly disappointed.
eb72f9dcf375db6e9c0bb181b5014646.gif

UNCgolf

Even if they are at the expense of EMH at MK or DHS?

I'd definitely rather be at DAK at night than DHS -- the EEH at DHS offer almost nothing, especially if Rise isn't running. I don't need two hours to ride Tower of Terror and MMRR.

If it was like 2002 era DHS, it might be a tougher call (just because the overall environment/park theme was so much stronger then), but the current version is easily the worst Disney park for me.

Last edited:

JohnD

I'd definitely rather be at DAK at night than DHS -- the EEH at DHS offer almost nothing, especially if Rise isn't running. I don't need two hours to ride Tower of Terror and MMRR.

If it was like 2002 era DHS, it might be a tougher call, but the current version is easily the worst Disney park for me.
I would go. This would be a great thing for guests staying at AKL. Probably the only things closed would be Safari (they could do the nighttime version like they did in the past but I doubt it), the animal walks, shows, and Rapids. All the other rides would be open.

Touchdown

So Dino, Triceratops Spin, Everest, Ittbab and Pandora. I see one ride definitely worth it (FoP,) one sort of worth it (NRJ,) and two rides that while great usually have short waits anyways (Dino and Everest.)

DHS has Slinky, Mickey, TSMM that usually have long lines and are worth it, and RnRC and ToT that have moderate waits and would be walk ons

dreday3

So Dino, Triceratops Spin, Everest, Ittbab and Pandora. I see one ride definitely worth it (FoP,) one sort of worth it (NRJ,) and two rides that while great usually have short waits anyways (Dino and Everest.)

DHS has Slinky, Mickey, TSMM that usually have long lines and are worth it, and RnRC and ToT that have moderate waits and would be walk ons

For us, not you, it's more than the rides. It's just being there in a beautiful, probably the most beautiful, night-time park. Especially for those of us who normally travel when it stays light pretty late. We've never seen Pandora in the true dark! The walk-on rides will be a bonus.

My luck (and yours if you have good luck 😄) , it will only be this one date, but at least it gives me a glimmer of hope to hold until next year!

UNCgolf

It's just a different perspective. You're looking solely at attractions -- and there's nothing wrong with that -- but attraction quality is subjective. I think most of the rides at DHS are mediocre to bad, so the fact that I could get on without a wait isn't much of a draw. MMRR, Tower, and Rise are the only ones that are really interesting (and I don't think MMRR looks especially great, but I haven't been on it).

Basically all of the non-attraction stuff at DAK is more interesting, even with the animal trails likely closed. Getting to walk around and take it in without it slammed with people would be nice.

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster

doctornick

Chip Chipperson

I think I would very much enjoy Extended Evening Hours at Animal Kingdom. Hopefully they have them when I'm there in December (2023, for the record). My group already has tickets for MVMCP at Magic Kingdom so it's not a huge deal for us if the extended hours move from there to Animal Kingdom. It would be a nice change (although a double-dip of low MK crowds wouldn't exactly ruin our trip, either).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here’s an updated list of dates and park locations for Extended Evening Hours.

The week after the Animal Kingdom date is another week with two Extended Evening Hours at EPCOT.

September 6, 2023 - Magic Kingdom
September 11, 2023 - EPCOT
September 13, 2023 - Magic Kingdom
September 18, 2023 - EPCOT
September 20, 2023 - Magic Kingdom
September 25, 2023 - EPCOT
September 30, 2023 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
October 2, 2023 - EPCOT
October 5, 2023 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
October 9, 2023 - EPCOT
October 11, 2023 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
October 16, 2023 - EPCOT
October 19, 2023 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
October 23, 2023 - EPCOT
October 25, 2023 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
October 30, 2023 - EPCOT
November 2, 2023 - EPCOT
November 6, 2023 - EPCOT
November 8, 2023 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
November 13, 2023 - EPCOT
November 15, 2023 - EPCOT

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom