News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

Gran Fiesta

Small update - while Rise of the Resistance is not listed on the available attractions list during Extended Evening Hours at Disney's Hollywood Studios, Rise does currently show operating hours of 9pm - 11pm on September 30.

View attachment 734715

Edited to update - those hours for Rise of the Resistance have now been removed.

View attachment 738239
Does anyone know why they are going from a 7:30am opening of Animal Kingdom to a 8:30am opening on August 28th and beyond?

Same thing with Hollywood Studios. They are going from a 8:00am opening to a 8:30am opening on August 27th and beyond.

Weather_Lady

Does anyone know why they are going from a 7:30am opening of Animal Kingdom to a 8:30am opening on August 28th and beyond?

Same thing with Hollywood Studios. They are going from a 8:00am opening to a 8:30am opening on August 27th and beyond.
They don't update until shortly before.

We just got back from a trip where we arrived 8/12, and it wasn't until a few days before our arrival that the calendars were updated. Up until then, it showed every park opening at 9am (8:30am for early entry) every day. After the adjustments, AK moved to a 8am opening (7:30 for early entry) and HS to 8:30am (8am for early entry) for the days we planned to visit.

drizgirl

They’ve done so for decades, so I’d expect them to. I remember times when Fantasmic! showed at 6:30 pm in winter. They actually keep DHS open later now.

And the greedy bastards show fireworks 365 nights per year in 3 parks. They didn’t in the glorious ‘90s.
How does attendance now compare with the glorious 90s?

pdude81

They’ve done so for decades, so I’d expect them to. I remember times when Fantasmic! showed at 6:30 pm in winter. They actually keep DHS open later now.

And the greedy bastards show fireworks 365 nights per year in 3 parks. They didn’t in the glorious ‘90s.
I think my sarcasm font is on the fritz

Gran Fiesta

Unless they extend as they’ve done.
They don't update until shortly before.

We just got back from a trip where we arrived 8/12, and it wasn't until a few days before our arrival that the calendars were updated. Up until then, it showed every park opening at 9am (8:30am for early entry) every day. After the adjustments, AK moved to a 8am opening (7:30 for early entry) and HS to 8:30am (8am for early entry) for the days we planned to visit.
Interesting. I was aware that they usually extend the park hours, but I always thought it was around 2 weeks before, not days before.

I'm just wondering if I should move our AK day to the 27th (opening at 7:30) since I currently have it on the 28th (opening at 8:30).

I guess I'll just wait until a day or two before and then change it if I need to. It's just strange that they would wait so close to time to change the hours.

ToTBellHop

Interesting. I was aware that they usually extend the park hours, but I always thought it was around 2 weeks before, not days before.

I'm just wondering if I should move our AK day to the 27th (opening at 7:30) since I currently have it on the 28th (opening at 8:30).

I guess I'll just wait until a day or two before and then change it if I need to. It's just strange that they would wait so close to time to change the hours.
It’s very strange considering crowds were low all summer and they kept extending anyway. I wonder why they open up for such long hours when the parks are rather quiet most days? Universal, meanwhile, closes before sunset daily.

Gran Fiesta

It’s very strange considering crowds were low all summer and they kept extending anyway. I wonder why they open up for such long hours when the parks are rather quiet most days? Universal, meanwhile, closes before sunset daily.
Well, I actually wasn't trying to comment on the fact that they should extend the hours. I was more commenting on the fact that I think it is strange to wait until seemingly last minute to extend hours when they have to schedule staff and things of that nature.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom