News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
The Extended Evening Hours schedule is out for the remainder of 2023.

Monday, October 16 - EPCOT
Thursday October 19 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, October 23 - EPCOT
Wednesday, October 25 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, October 30 - EPCOT
Thursday, November 2 - EPCOT
Monday, November 6 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 8 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Monday, November 13 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 15 - EPCOT
Monday, November 20 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 22 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Monday, November 27 - EPCOT
Thursday, November 30 - EPCOT
Monday, December 4 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Thursday, December 7 - EPCOT
Monday, December 11 - EPCOT
Thursday, December 14 - EPCOT
Monday, December 18 - EPCOT
Thursday, December 21 - EPCOT
Monday, December 25 - EPCOT
Thursday, December 28 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom

arich35

The Extended Evening Hours schedule is out for the remainder of 2023.

Monday, October 16 - EPCOT
Thursday October 19 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, October 23 - EPCOT
Wednesday, October 25 - Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Monday, October 30 - EPCOT
Thursday, November 2 - EPCOT
Monday, November 6 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 8 - Disney’s Animal Kingdom
Monday, November 13 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 15 - EPCOT
Monday, November 20 - EPCOT
Wednesday, November 22 - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Monday, November 27 - EPCOT
Thursday, November 30 - EPCOT
Hoping after the new year Magic Kingdom will be back

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
According to My Disney Experience, Extended Evening Hours return to Magic Kingdom on January 3, 2024.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 6.48.15 AM.jpeg

ToTBellHop

Once upon a time in a faraway land, Magic Kingdom was open until Midnight or 1 AM most nights of the year to all day guests.
That’s patently false. How quickly we forget the 7 pm closures with no fireworks for much of the winter in the golden ‘90s.

MK’s hours outside of summer are, on the whole, longer than they used to be. And summer is pretty quiet now. DHS and DAK certainly have longer hours than they did in days of yore. And Epcot gonna Epcot.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Why they couldn’t do Animal Kingdom occasionally instead of Epcot most of December? I can’t comment further without expletives 😆 Just a really…. move.

In the Parks
No
Epcot at night gets better reviews. There’s like…stuff to do. And not all guests have to be bused back after.
There were a few glorious years when all four parks had Evening Extra Magic Hours...that was my preteen years, and I loved it. I rode Expedition Everest six times in a row, two different years. They had special Pandora evening EMH the last year I was there in 2017, and that land really needs to be experienced at night.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Epcot at night gets better reviews. There’s like…stuff to do. And not all guests have to be bused back after.
I don’t mind Epcot. We love Cosmic Rewind. It’s just unexpected to only have EP offered the 1.5 weeks we are there. Last year had 3 different park EEHs those weeks. Going from 3 parks to one is disappointing.

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Pandora at night is certainly a sight and I hate that more people don’t get to experience it. I remember being awed at it in 2017 and remember thinking that it was what used to be great about WDI. That land at night literally sparkles and shines and is some of the best work that’s ever been done.

Unfortunately too many people have never/will never get to see it in what is most likely its most impactful and perfect form.

JD80

I was in Pandora at night a year ago for the first time. Was neat but I don't know about awe inspiring for me.

I was expecting more things to glow.

Touchdown

Awe inspiring to me is mostly for natural wonders, only exception that was man made in my life so far was the interior of the Cathedral of Notre Dame.

Floridadsp

We have been to SOG many times and were at SOG in May just after the walkway closed and I can tell you it is sorely missed. Instead of an easy walk to the monorail we now have to drive or take a bus to the TTC, then get on the monorail in order to go to MK or Epcot.

For our family, the excitement of that walk to get on the monorail is among our fondest memories and was a part of the magic of SOG and MK. Getting on a bus just isn't the same. I emailed Disney about this issue, got the usual corporate canned response but at least we let them know. When we talked to staff at SOG they said SOG and Disney could not come up with a way to pay for a walkway.

I will try contacting the new management agency about this, but I fear there isn't the money to get this done. It is a shame as it was a nice perk for us veterans and for active duty personnel.
I have never stayed at Shades of Green but have family of those who have. I have always very much appreciated Disney’s support towards the military. As to why this matters, only 1% of the population is currently active duty and a little over 6% are veterans. They have gone on behalf of this country and stood up so 90% of us don’t have to. They carry the brunt for us all and in my opinion, any US company that recognizes that gets great good will from me.

When the military sought a location for a recreational hotel, they had 40 offers in Orlando. And the collective decision was to take over the Disney Inn (formerly Golf hotel) and from what I can tell Disney and Shades of Green had a good relationship since.

I believe Reedy Creek Improvement District RCID) approved the Road Expansion. What I wonder is did Disney request the walking path and it was denied or did they always leave Shades of Green out of the development plan. Or am I mixed up and did RCID oversee that road and consequently develops the plans. I believe this was before creation of the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District.

I also wrote Disney on this topic as I am keenly aware of the sacrifices the military service people and their family’s make for their country and the wounds and scars they carry. Any perk that could be offered them from the DOD or companies who support our military is highly appreciated by me.

I don’t think they brainstormed enough solutions to continue the path. And especially since they made bridges over the roads connecting Disney Springs Resorts on Hotel Plaza to Disney Springs, it very much disappoints me there was no plan here.

I know of an amusement park that has guardrails (like train type) that come down blocking cars in order to cross a road.

At the very least, they could offer free parking to parks for SofG or be sure the SofG bus goes directly to MK like the Disney Resorts.

I cannot overstate my disappointment and frustration as I feel a plan was developed ignoring the existence of the Shades of Green and their military clientele. For every service member there are many family and friends who support them and support businesses that value them. I truly hope some different solution can be found.

We have been to SOG many times and were at SOG in May just after the walkway closed and I can tell you it is sorely missed. Instead of an easy walk to the monorail we now have to drive or take a bus to the TTC, then get on the monorail in order to go to MK or Epcot.

For our family, the excitement of that walk to get on the monorail is among our fondest memories and was a part of the magic of SOG and MK. Getting on a bus just isn't the same. I emailed Disney about this issue, got the usual corporate canned response but at least we let them know. When we talked to staff at SOG they said SOG and Disney could not come up with a way to pay for a walkway.

I will try contacting the new management agency about this, but I fear there isn't the money to get this done. It is a shame as it was a nice perk for us veterans and for active duty personnel.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is the latest Extended Evening Hours schedule:

Monday, January 1 - EPCOT
Wednesday, January 3 - Magic Kingdom
Monday, January 8 - EPCOT
Wednesday, January 10 - Magic Kingdom
Monday, January 15 - EPCOT
Wednesday, January 17 - Magic Kingdom
Monday, January 22- EPCOT
Wednesday, January 24 - Magic Kingdom
Monday, January 29 - EPCOT
Wednesday, January 31- Magic Kingdom
Monday, February 5 - EPCOT
Wednesday, February 7 - Magic Kingdom

In the Parks
No
Hooray for evenings at Animal Kingdom!

I have a related question that hopefully someone on here can answer. I visited WDW every year from when Everest opened in 2006 to 2010. I remember being at Evening EMH at Animal Kingdom and riding Everest over and over again, but I seem to remember the Yeti being in A-mode. Is that possible? Did AK have Evening EMH when the Yeti was in A-Mode? When was the last time we know the Yeti actually worked? I know I saw it at some point, but I'm not sure if it is when I was marathoning at night or if it was just my first couple rides in '06 and '07.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney has confirmed dates for Extended Evening Hours at Disney’s Animal Kingdom: November 8, November 22, December 4 and December 28, 2023.

Here’s a list of attractions that will be available.

DINOSAUR
Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
It’s Tough to be a Bug!
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
Na’vi River Journey
TriceraTop Spin

Update - on December 28 only, Festival of the Lion King will have additional showtimes during Extended Evening Hours at Animal Kingdom.

The 2 additional showtimes are 8pm and 9pm.

Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 2.00.57 PM.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom