News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

surfsupdon

It’s not really much better with genie+. instead of planning 2 months ahead you are planning starting at 7am each day and while you are trying to enjoy your vacation looking to book stuff on your phone all day.

Express Pass at Universal truly allows no planning and full flexibility but it’s so limited most guests don’t get to experience that. The only way Disney could possibly replicate that experience would be a true front of the line system but charge a really high premium for the service or go to full pay per ride lightning lane for all rides with FP. Then if you are willing to pay enough you get unlimited front of line with no waits. The issue of course is 80-90% of park visitors would be excluded.
Express Pass included with your Resort stay is brilliant!

At Disney, I could see them doing it by Resort location, encompassing all levels. Really give a perk to staying onsite and at specific Resorts. Every Resort would get unlimited FP at their specific park...but you don't at the other parks. In essence, you have a home park that you get front of line access. Each park would have 4-5 Resorts as their home (understanding, I know some resorts have way more rooms than others). But this would incentivize MK Resorts and wherever else you put your focus on).

MK Resorts get unlimited front of line access at MK only (GF, Poly, Contemp, FW, WL, SoG). 5359 rooms
Epcot Resorts at Epcot (Y&B, BWI, CBR, Riv, S&D, Art) 8032
AK Resorts at AK (AllStars, CS, AKL). 9502
And the Springs resorts at HS, perhaps (Riverside, FQ, SS, OKW, and Pop.) 8913

Last edited:

James Alucobond

At Disney, I could see them doing it by Resort location, encompassing all levels. Really give a perk to staying onsite and at specific Resorts. Every Resort would get unlimited FP at their specific park...but you don't at the other parks. In essence, you have a home park that you get front of line access. Each park would have 4-5 Resorts as their home (understanding, I know some resorts have way more rooms than others). But this would incentivize MK Resorts and wherever else you put your focus on).

MK Resorts get unlimited front of line access at MK only (GF, Poly, Contemp, FW, WL, SoG). 5359 rooms
You would probably have to just limit anything to deluxe. Something like you suggest would probably encourage an insane amount of resort-hopping.

Epcot_Imagineer

Wow - so Shades of Green losing the walkway to TTC/Poly AND possibly Early Entry? Genuinely- what are the benefits of service members going here versus a value resort at this point, Extra Magic Hours only? If they even would remain?

EDIT: Missed the entire point of where Mr. WDWMagic clearly said this would likely change and is part of contract negotiations.

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member

At Universal it’s 2,400 rooms split between the 2 and soon to be 3 parks. The system would be much less valuable if it was spread to 35,000 hotel rooms worth of people. Even if they limited it at WDW to deluxe resorts it would still have 10,000+ rooms which would be significantly higher than Universal has. They could limit it to just the 3 monorail deluxe resorts to get to the same size as Universal but that won’t go over well with everyone else and would make selling out other deluxe resorts much more difficult. I think the best Disney could do is offer additional advanced reservations for rides to Deluxe resorts. I do think offering evening EMHs is a good perk too. Too bad it isn’t 2-3 hours but still decent.

Tha Realest

Wow - so Shades of Green losing the walkway to TTC/Poly AND possibly Early Entry? Genuinely- what are the benefits of service members going here versus a value resort at this point, Extra Magic Hours only? If they even would remain?
@lentesta any thoughts?
Maybe a newly formed local governmental entity more predisposed to appreciating the sacrifices of service members can stand up for one of the affected property owners in the district.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
@lentesta any thoughts?
I don’t think it’s confirmed they will lose early entry yet. Since those hotels are third party the contracts need to be redone each year similar to Disney Dining Plan. Just because they are not listed today doesn’t mean it won’t be updated at some point.

5thGenTexan

At Universal it’s 2,400 rooms split between the 2 and soon to be 3 parks. The system would be much less valuable if it was spread to 35,000 hotel rooms worth of people. Even if they limited it at WDW to deluxe resorts it would still have 10,000+ rooms which would be significantly higher than Universal has. They could limit it to just the 3 monorail deluxe resorts to get to the same size as Universal but that won’t go over well with everyone else and would make selling out other deluxe resorts much more difficult. I think the best Disney could do is offer additional advanced reservations for rides to Deluxe resorts. I do think offering evening EMHs is a good perk too. Too bad it isn’t 2-3 hours but still decent.
Its not just Universal hotels. We are not staying at a Universal hotel for the one day we are visiting the parks. However, because my travel agent purchased our tickets for us, we are still getting the early entry perk.

Ayla

In an update to the Walt Disney World website, Disney now indicates Early Theme Park Entry for the resorts listed below is through December 31, 2023. Disney has said recently that Early Theme Park Entry will continue through 2024.

Now through December 31, 2023, the following hotels offer early theme park entry for registered Guests:
  • Shades of Green® on Walt Disney World® Resort
  • B Resort & Spa Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Garden Lake Buena Vista
  • Wyndham Lake Buena Vista
  • Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
  • Waldorf Astoria Orlando
  • Drury Plaza Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista
I hope they are finally paring down the list for 2024.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Its not just Universal hotels. We are not staying at a Universal hotel for the one day we are visiting the parks. However, because my travel agent purchased our tickets for us, we are still getting the early entry perk.
He was talking about Express Pass which is only free if you are staying at 1 of the 3 deluxe resorts. Anyone not staying there can buy Express Pass but it costs almost as much as the park ticket per day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I don’t think it’s confirmed they will lose early entry yet. Since those hotels are third party the contracts need to be redone each year similar to Disney Dining Plan. Just because they are not listed today doesn’t mean it won’t be updated at some point.
Yes that is exactly it I would expect most, if not all, to be added into 2024.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@lentesta any thoughts?
SoG was a Deluxe Level resort at the time the DoD tookover (whether they continued deluxe level service, I don't know).

But, it's definitely an upgrade from any value resort. And the bus ride from SoG to the front gate of MK is only 7 minutes.

Considering the wait and multiple stops of the monorail to get to and from the main gate, SoG may have the quickest route to MK than the other deluxes.

Compare that to the 7 minute walk to Polynesian Resort (and dealing with local stops to and from the park) or 15 minutes to TTC express... and then waiting for the monorail and then riding it.

TarzanRocked99-

This would be entirely accurate. Expecting a less that 30-day turnaround on a renewal contract to go through all the legal channels and finance is not always realistic. Most of the hotels on this list will be back through 2024.

Epcot_Imagineer

SoG was a Deluxe Level resort at the time the DoD tookover (whether they continued deluxe level service, I don't know).

But, it's definitely an upgrade from any value resort. And the bus ride from SoG to the front gate of MK is only 7 minutes.

Considering the wait and multiple stops of the monorail to get to and from the main gate, SoG may have the quickest route to MK than the other deluxes.

Compare that to the 7 minute walk to Polynesian Resort (and dealing with local stops to and from the park) or 15 minutes to TTC express... and then waiting for the monorail and then riding it.
As someone that has been exclusively staying at Shades, I’ll need to experiment more with their busses. I keep hearing and reading that their bus routes are desirable, but as a frequent user - I’m unsure.

And yes; the room sizes are definitely deluxe, wether service and amenities are still considered deluxe is debatable. For the price compared to a Disney Deluxe? No question.

I’m someone who goes to Disney for the best deal though, and the early morning and extra hours that come with Shades are THE thing that makes it worth it. If those ever left, I’d simply go to a value just for the rope dropping and early entry.

JohnD

Changes to EPCOT's Extended Evening Hours attraction line-up for Walt Disney World Resort Deluxe Hotel guests​

How can Extended Evening Hours lose the BATB Sing Along when it switches to Impresssions de France for the last hour of regular hours? Second, they couldn't keep Impressions due the Extended evening hours?

doctornick

How can Extended Evening Hours lose the BATB Sing Along when it switches to Impresssions de France for the last hour of regular hours? Second, they couldn't keep Impressions due the Extended evening hours?

It doesn't seem like they do any of the shows in the evening hours and, quite frankly, it probably makes sense as those theaters would be empty if they ran them. With the limited time available, guests that are making it a point to stay late are unlikely to "waste" time attractions that can be seen without significant waits during regular hours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom