News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The low water table can be problematic. Bridge is a better bet
There's already a below-grade auto underpass by the Contemporary. It can be done. And it'd be cheaper.

A walking underpass only needs to be 8 feet below the road so that no one bumps their head.

A walking overpass would need to be 14-16 feet above the highway to account for tall vehicles. And then you'd need elevators or crazy-long ramps.

Club Cooloholic

There's already a below-grade auto underpass by the Contemporary. It can be done. And it'd be cheaper.

A walking underpass only needs to be 8 feet below the road so that no one bumps their head.

A walking overpass would need to be 14-16 feet above the highway to account for tall vehicles. And then you'd need elevators or crazy-long ramps.
That auto underpass I am pretty sure was not cheap, and doinf one just as wide foe a walking path would be pretty expensive too, you dont want it floodkng during storms. I actually am thinking the ramps as I know that Universal utilizes them at Cabana Bay to make it walkable to the parks.

nickys

Premium Member
That auto underpass I am pretty sure was not cheap, and doinf one just as wide foe a walking path would be pretty expensive too, you dont want it floodkng during storms. I actually am thinking the ramps as I know that Universal utilizes them at Cabana Bay to make it walkable to the parks.
Creating space for the ramps could be an issue. I can’t remember how wide the verges are at the side of the road but the ramps would have to run a long away along each side to make them functional. And then a long way back to the resort entrances.

Club Cooloholic

Creating space for the ramps could be an issue. I can’t remember how wide the verges are at the side of the road but the ramps would have to run a long away along each side to make them functional. And then a long way back to the resort entrances.
True. I just looked at a video, because eI couldn't remember the exact set up at Uni. It's pretty big and it's more like connecting a lower level(Cabana Bay) with an upper level(The Lowes Royal Pacific Hotel)

ToTBellHop

What is the impetus to make SoG a walking path? It’s not Disney-owned or -operated AFAIK so who would even pay for that? Marco Rubio would just sneak it into some must-pass bill? $100 billion to Ukraine and $20 million to the Department of Defense for an alligator-proof bridge for veterans and active duty personnel who are the Magic?

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
What is the impetus to make SoG a walking path? It’s not Disney-owned or -operated AFAIK so who would even pay for that? Marco Rubio would just sneak it into some must-pass bill? $100 billion to Ukraine and $20 million to the Department of Defense for an alligator-proof bridge for veterans and active duty personnel who are the Magic?
It's good to have the option. If buses get full, they can chose to walk instead. Walk all the way to the MK gate or to the TTC.

It also gives them direct access to Poly and GF restaurants. Otherwise, it's a bus to MK gate, then walk to them (or monorail or boat).

ToTBellHop

It's good to have the option. If buses get full, they can chose to walk instead. Walk all the way to the MK gate or to the TTC.

It also gives them direct access to Poly and GF restaurants. Otherwise, it's a bus to MK gate, then walk to them (or monorail or boat).
Those aren’t even Disney buses. Why would Disney be interested in helping them save money while those guests hop on the monorail at Poly, making the lines longer.

It’s similar to the Swolphinserve issue. If Disney could keep those guests from making the line for buses at BoardWalk longer, I’m sure they would.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Those aren’t even Disney buses. Why would Disney be interested in helping them save money while those guests hop on the monorail at Poly, making the lines longer.

It’s similar to the Swolphinserve issue. If Disney could keep those guests from making the line for buses at BoardWalk longer, I’m sure they would.
Unlike the Swolpherve, which has a deluxe price tag, and thus the presumption that those hotels can pony up the money to provide a perq for their customers by buying into The Bubble; SoG should be seen as more of a service to those who serve and who ordinarily can't afford premier services.

Disney likes to do and advertise patriotic works such as the July 4 fireworks and flag retreat. Whether it's out of true patriotic fervor or it's PR... it's a win-win for the parks and for those who serve in the military. Playing hard ball with perqs for SoG is unseemly due to the nature of its clientele.

rljackson

We have been to SOG many times and were at SOG in May just after the walkway closed and I can tell you it is sorely missed. Instead of an easy walk to the monorail we now have to drive or take a bus to the TTC, then get on the monorail in order to go to MK or Epcot.

For our family, the excitement of that walk to get on the monorail is among our fondest memories and was a part of the magic of SOG and MK. Getting on a bus just isn't the same. I emailed Disney about this issue, got the usual corporate canned response but at least we let them know. When we talked to staff at SOG they said SOG and Disney could not come up with a way to pay for a walkway.

I will try contacting the new management agency about this, but I fear there isn't the money to get this done. It is a shame as it was a nice perk for us veterans and for active duty personnel.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
These hotels have had the benefits, or similar benefits, for years. This is just an extension of them.
Never was right in the first place. And the way Disney has been curtailing benefits, I was hopeful they would not continue to offer them to these properties.

Also, since early entry is available at all four parks, it divides the crowds such that the extra hotels aren't too much of a 'burden.'
I'm not new here. While I am (apparently in the minority) in really preferring the 30 minutes at each park instead of the 1 hour at one park early entry (for your exact rationale), the fact is that providing benefits to these hotels lessens the value of staying onsite.

Edited a typo.

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
the fact is that providing benefits to these hotels lessens the value of staying onsite.
But there is no lessening the value with this since it has been this way, I think for decades now. It maintains the value... What you're asking for is to drop these hotels, which I guess would increase the value....

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But there is no lessening the value with this since it has been this way, I think for decades now. It maintains the value... What you're asking for is to drop these hotels, which I guess would increase the value....
We don’t stay on property for “value”…the prices have never reflected the service quality

We stay for our own egos and for the convenience of proximity

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom