News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

nickys

Premium Member
Running RotR during early entry hours will also be better for offsite guests. They’ll still have a wait but the line will be moving and at least some guests will have already ridden.

Otherwise they’ll be joining a static line with even more people ahead of them.

doctornick

Running RotR during early entry hours will also be better for offsite guests. They’ll still have a wait but the line will be moving and at least some guests will have already ridden.

Otherwise they’ll be joining a static line with even more people ahead of them.

Absolutely. No one benefits from the ride running for fewer hours a day.

Andrew25

You also have to consider that the galactic starcruiser guests will be taking some capacity offline as well. Not by much, but still enough if there's any tech issues.

Best case scenario is they run ROTR for starcruiser in the first half hour before park opens, and then open it with early admission. So, 8:00AM for Starcruiser and 8:30AM for hotel guests.

havoc315

Even if not open for early entry... there is going to be a hour plus line waiting outside of the entrance of the ride well before they let non-resort guests into the park. I'm going in about a month and I'm already debating spending that full 30 minutes just camped out outside of Rise to get on it as soon as it opens. The big fear would be it has a bad morning and doesn't start operation right at open.

Used to do this with Cedar point a lot, their early entry did not include Top Thrill Dragster (one of their busiest rides). I would make sure to be standing at the entrance of the ride right at opening.

I suspect it will be open for Early Entry. But even when functioning, you'll probably need to arrive at the park a good 45 minutes or more, before early entry, to get onto ROTR during the 30 minute early entry period. I suspect there will be a 2-hour line *before* official park opening.

I'm glad I've done it 3 times, because I may never do it again. I'm past the point in my life where I want to do the arrival an hour before rope drop or stand in a 2 hour line. Whether I do it again in the future may depend on Lighting Lane prices (my son and I both agreed, it would be worth paying $5 without hesitation, we would probably groan and pay $10, but we probably wouldn't consider anything over $15).

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
November 29th and December 1st added to the list -

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 4.38.16 PM.png

UNCgolf

Will Rise be running during early entry or is that when guests from the Galactic Starcruiser will be riding? I think the sample itinerary suggested they'd be riding it first thing in the morning, which makes sense because otherwise you'd have to stop the queue of regular guests to let them all on.

nickys

Premium Member
Will Rise be running during early entry or is that when guests from the Galactic Starcruiser will be riding? I think the sample itinerary suggested they'd be riding it first thing in the morning, which makes sense because otherwise you'd have to stop the queue of regular guests to let them all on.
Not all guests of the StarCruiser will be arriving at once. So they will arrive in small groups, according to how many guests the shuttle can take etc. They would simply access via the LL Lane, like any VIP tour for example.

When they announced the early morning rides, it wasn’t included. However that was before they announced the switch to standby. I think it’s highly likely it will open early.

Chip Chipperson

The example on the WDW website shows guest riding RoTR from 8:45-9:30. I'm not sure how accurate the example they posted is or what that would mean for the Early Morning access, though. Even with that schedule, they could conceivably open it early for resort guests and just have the Galactic Starcruiser guests just cut to the front of the line with only a temporary slowdown of the Standby and LL+ lines.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom