News Early Theme Park Entry and Extended Evening Hours coming for resort guests

havoc315

But of those who did use it the numbers should be lower.

In the simplest scenario, whereby only those who used it before do so again and are split evenly, there would be 25% of the numbers of people in the park. But even allowing for a doubling in the numbers, that’s still only half as many as before.

Given the reaction from most posters in this thread, many of those staying onsite will say “it’s not worth it” and not bother, making the number of guests even lower. 😁

Correct.
It’s 3,000-8,000 people for 30 minutes instead of 10,000-20,000 people for 60 minutes.

Also means you’re guaranteed early entry around your schedule, not having to build your schedule around EMH.

So, if you had a 4 day trip planned under the old system… quite possible that some of the parks might not even have EMH scheduled during your stays.

It’s going to be an additionally nice perk when combined with Genie+ and paid attractions. You can ride 1 of the pay attractions during Early Entry without paying.
So an off-site guest who wants to ride FOP will have to choose between paying or a long line. No more rope drop. On-site guests will still have the option of riding it without additional charge, at early entry rope drop.

GimpYancIent

Correct.
It’s 3,000-8,000 people for 30 minutes instead of 10,000-20,000 people for 60 minutes.

Also means you’re guaranteed early entry around your schedule, not having to build your schedule around EMH.

So, if you had a 4 day trip planned under the old system… quite possible that some of the parks might not even have EMH scheduled during your stays.

It’s going to be an additionally nice perk when combined with Genie+ and paid attractions. You can ride 1 of the pay attractions during Early Entry without paying.
So an off-site guest who wants to ride FOP will have to choose between paying or a long line. No more rope drop. On-site guests will still have the option of riding it without additional charge, at early entry rope drop.
For a few additional minutes + still pay more + maybe one more ride than before = Not a perk. Ahhh yes, less people, wonder why.

UNCgolf

Well, to an extent. Several of the pay to ride attractions aren't going to be available during Early Entry, and that number will increase when TRON and Guardians open, unless they handle the boarding groups differently than they have for Rise.

doctornick

Well, to an extent. Several of the pay to ride attractions aren't going to be available during Early Entry, and that number will increase when TRON and Guardians open, unless they handle the boarding groups differently than they have for Rise.

I don't think they'll have both Rat and Cosmic Rewind on Boarding Groups at the same time - I think they'd switch Rat to standby when the other ride opens. That's just my guess though and based on that I expect Ratatouille to be more reliable/higher capacity as well as less in demand that RotR has been.

UNCgolf

I don't think they'll have both Rat and Cosmic Rewind on Boarding Groups at the same time - I think they'd switch Rat to standby when the other ride opens. That's just my guess though and based on that I expect Ratatouille to be more reliable/higher capacity as well as less in demand that RotR has been.

I don't either -- I'll be surprised if Rat is on boarding groups for more than a few months. But it'll still be a net addition of one.

UNCgolf

I also think they’ll drop one of the MK ones for Tron.

The MK ones don't need boarding groups, though, which was my point. People will be losing something they could ride on early entry in favor of something they'll have to pay for if they don't get a boarding group (at least if we're assuming 7DMT and Space Mountain will be the two paid ones to start).

nickys

Premium Member
The MK ones don't need boarding groups, though, which was my point. People will be losing something they could ride on early entry in favor of something they'll have to pay for if they don't get a boarding group (at least if we're assuming 7DMT and Space Mountain will be the two paid ones to start).
Sorry, I was thinking of the LL+ rather than boarding groups specifically.

havoc315

They won’t be available for pay during early entry.
Most, if not all, will be available for “free” during early entry.

ROTR is a bit unique because of the early unreliability and boarding groups. They couldn’t offer it to be open during morning EMH as it would throw off all the boarding groups.

Attractions without the same insane level of demand and unreliability, should have no trouble staying open during extended hours.
Even ROTR, recently on a few low crowd evenings, has gone to a standby line.

havoc315

I’d agree with that assessment. I’m guessing Rat boarding groups will be very temporary.

UNCgolf

They won’t be available for pay during early entry.
Most, if not all, will be available for “free” during early entry.

ROTR is a bit unique because of the early unreliability and boarding groups. They couldn’t offer it to be open during morning EMH as it would throw off all the boarding groups.

Attractions without the same insane level of demand and unreliability, should have no trouble staying open during extended hours.
Even ROTR, recently on a few low crowd evenings, has gone to a standby line.

Why would you think they'd operate any boarding group rides differently than Rise?

It's possible that they will (and I specifically said as much in the comment you quoted), but the same issues they have with opening Rise early will also exist for opening any boarding group ride early. It's very unlikely that any ride with a BG system is going to be open for Early Entry guests.

TRON and Guardians will absolutely have boarding groups and probably for quite a while. Rat likely won't, but it will just be replaced with Guardians.

Last edited:

havoc315

Why would you think they'd operate any boarding group rides differently than Rise?

It's possible that they will (and I specifically said as much in the comment you quoted), but the same issues they have with opening Rise early will also exist for opening any boarding group ride early. It's very unlikely that any ride with a BG system is going to be open for Early Entry guests.

TRON and Guardians will absolutely have boarding groups and probably for quite a while. Rat likely won't, but it will just be replaced with Guardians.

It will depend on demand and ride reliability. As long as demand greatly exceeds capacity, they will do boarding groups exclusively. I don’t expect Rat to have that problem long term.
I really can’t predict Tron or Guardians. Especially as to Tron, I suspect it will have higher reliable capacity and lower proportional demand. (While Rise is a family ride without a height restriction, Tron is a thrill ride, it won’t attract every park goer).

We’ve seen boarding groups used at Disneyland for a couple of attractions… but the situation at ROTR remains unique there as well.

Cowboy Steve

This seems like a pretty weak offering to appease anyone not staying at a Deluxe resort. There are some minor positives... all 4 parks are involved, and it is every day. Might actually get on AFoP at AK for once. But 30 mins... I guess any small advantage is better than no advantage. Traveling with my 75 year old mother, we won't be speed walking anywhere so will be lucky to even get in a line before the masses descend.

This is going to be our first trip since Boarding Groups started - last trip ROTR hadn't opened yet. Will be an interesting trip for sure lol.

havoc315

And the switch of ROTR to a regular line, further suggests even it will participate in early entry. It’s doubtful that Tron and Guardians will keep boarding group systems for as long as ROTR did. (Unless they struggle with the same ride unreliability)

Purduevian

And the switch of ROTR to a regular line, further suggests even it will participate in early entry. It’s doubtful that Tron and Guardians will keep boarding group systems for as long as ROTR did. (Unless they struggle with the same ride unreliability)
Even if not open for early entry... there is going to be a hour plus line waiting outside of the entrance of the ride well before they let non-resort guests into the park. I'm going in about a month and I'm already debating spending that full 30 minutes just camped out outside of Rise to get on it as soon as it opens. The big fear would be it has a bad morning and doesn't start operation right at open.

Used to do this with Cedar point a lot, their early entry did not include Top Thrill Dragster (one of their busiest rides). I would make sure to be standing at the entrance of the ride right at opening.

doctornick

Even if not open for early entry... there is going to be a hour plus line waiting outside of the entrance of the ride well before they let non-resort guests into the park. I'm going in about a month and I'm already debating spending that full 30 minutes just camped out outside of Rise to get on it as soon as it opens. The big fear would be it has a bad morning and doesn't start operation right at open.

Used to do this with Cedar point a lot, their early entry did not include Top Thrill Dragster (one of their busiest rides). I would make sure to be standing at the entrance of the ride right at opening.

Yeah, if RotR isn't running during the morning extra half hour - and it should, ideally the ride should run as many hours a day as it can to accommodate as many guests as possible - then it just means resort guests will come in during that half hour and line up at the ride entrance and form a long line anyway.

ToTBellHop

Yeah, if RotR isn't running during the morning extra half hour - and it should, ideally the ride should run as many hours a day as it can to accommodate as many guests as possible - then it just means resort guests will come in during that half hour and line up at the ride entrance and form a long line anyway.
They will be forced to open the queue even if the ride isn’t operating. A resort guest queue from RotR to Hollywood Blvd is a bad look.

And then they should just open the ride.

doctornick

They will be forced to open the queue even if the ride isn’t operating. A resort guest queue from RotR to Hollywood Blvd is a bad look.

And then they should just open the ride.

Right. They should just run the ride unless it simply is not working.

I wouldn't be surprised however if they do not list the ride as open during that time and just run anyway within that half hour, in order to discourage the mad rush going almost exclusively to RotR. Of course, even if they do that, the word will get out anyway and it will be just like TSMM or FoP at Rope Drop anyway.

ToTBellHop

Right. They should just run the ride unless it simply is not working.

I wouldn't be surprised however if they do not list the ride as open during that time and just run anyway within that half hour, in order to discourage the mad rush going almost exclusively to RotR. Of course, even if they do that, the word will get out anyway and it will be just like TSMM or FoP at Rope Drop anyway.
Agree on all counts. Honestly, they should just put up A frames in the Resort Hotels. “Star Wars Rise of the Resistance will be open during this morning’s early entry.”

It‘s a huge perk. The resorts need all the perks they can get…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom