Earfell Tower to be removed

DisneyGentleman

When the park opened, it was tram followed by walking, with no way of exiting between the two. That was back when the tram queue was in Animation Courtyard.

When they opened up New York Street to pedestrians, they split the two up into two separate experiences. They *suggested* you ride the team first, but you could do them in either order.

Eventually they closed most of the walking tour, relocated the tram loading area and made the water tank the first half of the tram tour.

-Rob
Yes, the walking tour was like watching paint dry. Except when paint dries, something actually happens.

djkidkaz

Not sure when a new park identity is coming. I'd expect when the work is close to being over or is done.

I think the new name will come out once they start adding theming elements to Studios as part of the change. Similar to Disney Springs where they eventually started changing over light posts and small thematic elements that had the new name on it.

mm121

Cant find the post now, but someone suggested moving it to Disney springs, I think that would of been a cool idea since disney springs is suppose to be a town and all

and seeing the water towers use to be a way of recognizing towns from a distance.

right, otherwise, you couldnt land a T-65 inside it...

Disney's new security measures.. lol

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Cant find the post now, but someone suggested moving it to Disney springs, I think that would of been a cool idea since disney springs is suppose to be a town and all

and seeing the water towers use to be a way of recognizing towns from a distance.

Disney's new security measures.. lol

The Disney Springs concept art does show a water tower, but it may actually be cheaper to build a new one then to carefully disassemble the current one, re-theme it, move it to DS and re-install it.

mm121

The Disney Springs concept art does show a water tower, but it may actually be cheaper to build a new one then to carefully disassemble the current one, re-theme it, move it to DS and re-install it.

very true, especially since most people wouldnt know nor would they care if its the same tower that came from DHS

Uncle Lupe

The Earfell tower will always be the park icon for me. Same way as i still call it MGM. Never accepted th BAH as the proper icon and the TOT doesn't work either. The park is a thematic mess. Hopefully after all is finished smoother transitions will be achieved.
I'll just call it..

W.alts
T.errific
F.unland

Last edited:

RAXIP

Internally I've seen both spellings used at DHS. Earful seems more prevalent, though Earffel appears to be the 'official' spelling (at least according to The Hub) Earfell is just plain wrong though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom