E:E news update

al5957

Hello Everyone,

Greetings from Disney World.

I was in line last night for Rockin Roller Coaster and started chatting it up with this really nice couple. I noticed that he had a really nice watch with a cool looking Mickey on it and I asked him where he got it because I was interested in one. At that point in time he said that he got it as a gift from Disney and that he was an Imagineer. Looking at the watch sure enough it said WDW Imagineering.

Now to the point, somehow EE happened to come up in the conversation and how bummed and disappointed I was with EE and the Yeti not working. I asked him flat out if he was broken or not. The answer that I got was "his back is broken" and "the mounts are failing". I am not sure what he was talking about with the mounts but I assume he was talking about the foundation mounts.

He also said that Disney knows that there is a problem. They also ARE GOING TO FIX IT. The problem is I guess is that the mountain was constructed around the yeti and its not just a matter or going in and replacing a part. He said that it is going to be going down for refurb (did not say when) but he did say that it was expected to be down for 2-3 months to be fixed correctly.

We were also talking about TSM as I designed some of the BIOS software for the hardware. Evidently he said that they already have plans in place to rotate the games around and even put some theming (sp?) in place for different holidays.

Just some info I though I would share with you guys.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Hello Everyone,

I was in line last night for Rockin Roller Coaster and started chatting it up with this really nice couple. I noticed that he had a really nice watch with a cool looking Mickey on it and I asked him where he got it because I was interested in one. At that point in time he said that he got it as a gift from Disney and that he was an Imagineer. Looking at the watch sure enough it said WDW Imagineering.

Now to the point, somehow EE happened to come up in the conversation and how bummed and disappointed I was with EE and the Yeti not working. I asked him flat out if he was broken or not. The answer that I got was "his back is broken" and "the mounts are failing". I am not sure what he was talking about with the mounts but I assume he was talking about the foundation mounts.

He also said that Disney knows that there is a problem. They also ARE GOING TO FIX IT. The problem is I guess is that the mountain was constructed around the yeti and its not just a matter or going in and replacing a part. He said that it is going to be going down for refurb (did not say when) but he did say that it was expected to be down for 2-3 months to be fixed correctly.

We were also talking about TSM as I designed some of the BIOS software for the hardware. Evidently he said that they already have plans in place to rotate the games around and even put some theming (sp?) in place for different holidays.

Interestng stuff, thanks for posting. :)

I'd love an Everest refrub of a couple of months. With some budget and some time they could get Everest running how it was supposed to be, with all the effects in operation.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
This is an excellent post and a good analogy. We are assuming that the yeti has a structural failure. (This may be wrong, but it is reasonable since the repair seems to be taking so long.) The structure should have been designed for an infinite life.
Hydraulics and bearings have a statistical life. That is why their maintenance has to be in a budget.
Thanks. I thought that we all were missing that point (or at least i didnt see it posted, i could be wrong). Is it broken? yes. How long was it suppose to last till this happened. From what i have been told off-line, the main joist and structure should last forever. This would lead us to believe that the stress was where the steal connected to the mountain. I guess time will tell.

6.8 if you are asking about 1 train or if you are asking about all 5 trains at the same time that left the station then it would be 34. lol

Am I right? :shrug:
Sounds good to me

Hello Everyone,

interesting.

The funny thing is, you say that "somehow EE happened to come up in the conversation and how bummed and disappointed I was with EE and the Yeti not working".... :lol: somehow? the only "somehow" is the thought of somehow i have to work that into the conversation with the utmost sauveness. :cool:

joel_maxwell

Interestng stuff, thanks for posting. :)

I'd love an Everest refrub of a couple of months. With some budget and some time they could get Everest running how it was supposed to be, with all the effects in operation.
What ever was decided about the fog at the first tunnel/switch track. Is that ever coming back? Wasnt the problem the condensation on the sensors?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I was there at the end of November of 05, and it was not open to the public at that time.

EpcotServo was referring to when it was running, not for guests, but when the daily testing was underway and when test and adjust crews were in there.

PlutoInOrlando

In the Parks
Yes
Just back from a trip to the World - Road E:E 3 times on Monday morning.

Neither water fall was working, the bird was MIA, and as it's been said, Yeti was in B mode. BUT - the steam was working in the station!!!

I'm a little confused :veryconfu at how someone could miss him in C mode. Even with the strobe, it's very clear where he's at and that you are able to see him - given it's a shorter amount of visable time, but still.:lookaroun

I'll be happy as mud after it's down time (when ever that may be) - if they do fix everything and get it back to it's opening day glory! I'm not sure how any roller coaster/attraction can go 3-4 years with out some type of down time to be worked on. I'm all for some TLC!!!

Oh - we rode close to the front the 1st time, middle of the train the second, and closer to the back the 3rd...

Wow - it was rough during the backwards part the closer you got to the back of the train. Not sure what that was all about.

I do love this attraction, but without all it's "working parts" it's lost some of it's ummmph. Get it back to where it was on Opening Day and you've got a winner again!
Just my $0.02

EpcotServo

What ever was decided about the fog at the first tunnel/switch track. Is that ever coming back? Wasnt the problem the condensation on the sensors?

Nope, it's never coming back. The reason wasn't sensors, it was the fact that the water lines and the mist itself were rusting the metal mountain supports around them faster than they expected, most of them just being random metal from Tabarm supports, not actual load bearing pieces. Still, better safe than sorry they said, so no inside mist for us. They've long since cut the water lines.
:(

RSoxNo1

EpcotServo was referring to when it was running, not for guests, but when the daily testing was underway and when test and adjust crews were in there.

Right, but there's a difference between "daily testing" and open to guests. I don't think it was running 4 trains at full show from opening to closing, however I could be mistaken.

Either way it needs to be fixed, and sooner rather than later.

joel_maxwell

Nope, it's never coming back. The reason wasn't sensors, it was the fact that the water lines and the mist itself were rusting the metal mountain supports around them faster than they expected, most of them just being random metal from Tabarm supports, not actual load bearing pieces. Still, better safe than sorry they said, so no inside mist for us. They've long since cut the water lines.
:(
dang. At least i got to ride it when they had the waterfalls working, the mist up top and the yeti in A mode. It will be a tale for me to tell my child one day. :rolleyes:

EpcotServo

Right, but there's a difference between "daily testing" and open to guests. I don't think it was running 4 trains at full show from opening to closing, however I could be mistaken.

Either way it needs to be fixed, and sooner rather than later.

In November of 2005 the ride was going through all-day-run-throughs of both the ride and the Yeti.

The Yeti has been operating daily since November of 2005. Even if you don't include the days that didn't have guests for some strange reason, I rode on January 16th, 2006. That's still more than 2 years of constant operation.

I'm not saying he should be broken by this time, I'm saying it's wrong to think he's new. Just because Disney said it opened in April, dosen't mean it did.

PBarton

Hello Everyone,

But... Did the Imagineer give a wink?

:p

Only Joking, thanks for the info!

I know when we was there last September we saw the Yeti in A mode.
on the last day of the holiday we went back to Animal Kingdom, when we got E.E it was closed and remained closed until around 10:30AM and even then when it reopened the Yeti was in complete darkness, I persume this was B mode.

one of the cast members made me chuckle though when we was q'ing first time around when it was closed. someone asked him the problem and He said 'the Yeti was late in this morning' :lol:

ImagineerAndy

Hello Everyone,

WOW!! You met an Imagineer!! What are they doing for Toy Story Mania, did he say when it was happening? You should have casually asked if they were building Beastly kingdom!? ;)

hokielutz

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for the info. It seems like the most reasonable status that we have heard thus-far and ties into the other theories that have been floated. Hope they start work on this sooner, rather than later.

iellis14

Original Poster
I know when we was there last September we saw the Yeti in A mode.
on the last day of the holiday we went back to Animal Kingdom, when we got E.E it was closed and remained closed until around 10:30AM and even then when it reopened the Yeti was in complete darkness, I persume this was B mode.

one of the cast members made me chuckle though when we was q'ing first time around when it was closed. someone asked him the problem and He said 'the Yeti was late in this morning' :lol:

Thats funny, cause one day a CM told me the yetti took a vacation. And ill be there on the 25 of Oct, so ill be sure to make an update. It will probly be the first thing I ride.

MKCP 1985

I have a strong suspicion the Yeti will be very animated Saturday night, after park hours. :lookaroun

But that's just rumor and intuition at this point. :lookaroun

I'll let you all know next week. :animwink:

DisneyDellsDude

Glad to hear that the yeti will be getting fixed!
Hopefully they'll get the other effects to be more efficient in their work habits as well during the down time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom