E:E is going to be changed/Fixed!!!

jedimaster1227

Thrawn said:
I can't imagine it being better than the view from the line for Summit Plummit.

Actually, you are right. I saw it from the Family Raft Ride, right below SP at BB and it was amazing, except for that giant beige wall on the backside, in fact after seeing it I started a thread about it on this site.

disneylands

Account Suspended
I agree with thrawn, nobody knows that they are going to do with the building yet. Dont worry, I doubt you will be disapointed!:wave:

Montu

LudwigVonDrake said:
I say wait until it's finished and then if you can still see it, complain.

Somehow I doubt that anyone on this board would ever need an open inviation to complain -- hence this five page thread.

Laura

Premium Member
jedimaster1227 said:
Actually, you are right. I saw it from the Family Raft Ride, right below SP at BB and it was amazing, except for that giant beige wall on the backside, in fact after seeing it I started a thread about it on this site.

The first time I saw Everest on this last trip was right before we got in line for that ride. It took my breath away! I could not believe how big it was! The beige wall does make it look like a big FAKE mountain (impressive nonetheless), but I just assumed it would be camoflagued in the next few months.

KumbaRider

Aside from additional cost, the only reason the back of the mountain has not been covered is because the average guest wouldn't notice anyway. The only people that would actually care enough to complain would be in this type of setting, on these boards. Just enjoy the story and don't let the backstage areas bother you. You can't see it from inside the park anyway.

KumbaRider

WDI has done their research, they know what they are doing.
Besides, if it really does become apparent in the future then they may cover it eventually anyway.

CaptainMichael

KumbaRider said:
Aside from additional cost, the only reason the back of the mountain has not been covered is because the average guest wouldn't notice anyway. The only people that would actually care enough to complain would be in this type of setting, on these boards. Just enjoy the story and don't let the backstage areas bother you. You can't see it from inside the park anyway.

You mean to tell me the average guest waiting in line atop Mt. Gushmore does not see a 199 ft. tall mountain across the road with an enormous beige wall amongst green tree tops?

That being said, I have faith that they have taken this into consideration.

animal_king1990

Disney always takes little details into consideration. They will not let the beige wall bother guests who admire the beauty of the mountain. They'll probably cover it with brownish white paint or put a brown tapestry over it.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
djronnieb said:
"Thank you for your thoughts and concerns with Expedition Everest. Although we can not go into detail about the project, please know that we have passed your thoughts onto the proper department and they have let us know that this issue will be resoved in the near future."

Sounds to me like a canned reply that they send out 100 times a day. I wouldn't put much faith into it, rather they probably already have 10 different things which they plan on doing with the exposed building, which were thought of months before your stay was ruined.

askmike1

kiawahman said:
anyone know the address for complaints and comments for WDW?
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Erin J. Wallace
Walt Disney World Resort Senior Vice President of Operations
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Don Goodman
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower St.
Glendale, CA 91201

Mr. Marty Sklar
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221

Mr. Al Weiss
President of Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040

Mr. James A. (Jay) Rasulo
President of Walt Disney Attractions
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. Bob Iger
500 South Buena Vista
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. Lee Cockerell
Executive VP of WDW Operations
1375 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Mr. Phil Holmes
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
CTXRover said:
Good news to hear. Seeing the wall from the parking lot has never bothered me as much as some, but I do agree it would be much nicer if the mountain continued to look like a full mountain from all angles close to the park. I imagine just a few more trees to create a thicker tree berm along the edge of the parking lot is all that is needed and may have been planned from the very beginning. I imagine they won't be physically changing the wall so it will still be visible from atop Blizzard Beach, but we'll see. Some theatrical painting effects could make that wall look 3-D from a distance ( although it isn't simply a flat, smooth surfaced wall)

Couldnt be any worse than seeing Soarin in the background of Canada....or have they fixed that?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
hakunamatata said:
Couldnt be any worse than seeing Soarin in the background of Canada....or have they fixed that?

Nope, you can see it. But its sky-blend blue, so its not that noticable, really, unless you're detail freaks like us. At any non-Disney theme park, the building would be industrial metal grey.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom