E:E is going to be changed/Fixed!!!

TimeTrip

djronnieb said:
I didnt write to complain, I wrote to point it out before all the construction guys had gone home and the ride was open, so they would save time and money down the road.

I'd like to hope that Disney would have already thought of that. :)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Things are never set in stone either - the Land changed its outside a few times since it reopened to fit the look they wanted to achieve, prior to that, M:S's roof was repainted several times - even had stars painted on it once - and the color of the front has changed several times as well.

peter11435

colliera said:
but the back wall of plywood has been an eye-sore since this summer.

It is not plywood, it is an actual wall that has been painted "backstage beige."

colliera said:
but leave unfinished backstage areas for months at a time visible.

Its called construction.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
M:SpilotISTC12 said:
Im glad that you write to them... Thrawn the kid was just trying to help. Good for you. Im glad that they will do something about now that they have heard an opinion!

They pay a lot of people to give opinions. And don't be fooled by the "this will be passed on". They ALWAYS say that on a complaint/feedback letter.

Someone mentioned the Soarin building. Thats an example of Disney knowing what they are doing. They knew the building would be huge and visible, and there was no way around that. So what did they do? Paint it blue to blend it into the sky the best they could.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
TimeTrip said:
I'd like to hope that Disney would have already thought of that. :)

they have that neat little plan program, they should have already thought about it and thought about it one more time.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
They pay a lot of people to give opinions. And don't be fooled by the "this will be passed on". They ALWAYS say that on a complaint/feedback letter.

Someone mentioned the Soarin building. Thats an example of Disney knowing what they are doing. They knew the building would be huge and visible, and there was no way around that. So what did they do? Paint it blue to blend it into the sky the best they could.

They do foward them to the right areas - this should of gotten the "No otuiside ideas.. return to sender" letter from legal, but if they're already planning it, chances are they figured "oh, might as well make his day.."

Thrawn

Account Suspended
djronnieb said:
I didnt write to complain, I wrote to point it out before all the construction guys had gone home and the ride was open, so they would save time and money down the road.

So you think that you noticed, but the people at the site every day, and are building a mega million dollar mountain wouldn't have noticed? And you think Disney doesn't know how to get the most out of every dollar?

Let us remember that Splash isn't themed all the way around.
Let us remember that Tower of Terror had to have theming added when Fantasmic went in so you wouldn't see the show building.
Let us remember that (the queue for) the RnRC is set up so that you can't see the show building.

If you are going to complain about theming that is missing from backstage or from outside the park, you are way behind.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
They do foward them to the right areas - this should of gotten the "No otuiside ideas.. return to sender" letter from legal, but if they're already planning it, chances are they figured "oh, might as well make his day.."

Oh I know they do forward them. But its not like he got a "special" response. Its a form letter.

TimeTrip

Thrawn said:
So you think that you noticed, but the people at the site every day, and are building a mega million dollar mountain wouldn't have noticed? And you think Disney doesn't know how to get the most out of every dollar?

Let us remember that Tower of Terror had to have theming added when Fantasmic went in so you wouldn't see the show building.
Let us remember that the RnRC is set up so that you can't see the show building.

If you are going to complain about theming that is missing from backstage or from outside the park, you are way behind.

You've been thrawned! :lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Magic Maker said:
Thrawn you are God... will you marry me?

Maybe. Submit a proposal in writing to my lawyer and he will look over the terms to see if it would be a beneficial decision.

askmike1

I pretty much agree with everything Thrawn has said. The reply you received was most likely the standard "we'll-look-into-this" reply. The building is being constructed. If the attraction has it's grand opening and there is nothing hiding the building, then yes, complaints are necessary. But since they are still constructing it, it's very possible they just haven't gotten to that part yet (after all, what's more important, the backstage area or the facade?).

-Michael

jdvm

I have noticed the less than attractive "back side " of Expedition Everest from several angles and wondered if was going to be eventually hidden from view. It is particularly unattractive from Blizzard Beach. I really don't see what's wrong with asking a question about it.

RSoxNo1

With the work that they've done with the streets of america facades, they could quite easily paint a facade onto the unfinished mountain area that blends into the rest of the mountain. The attraction won't be visible to guests except from relatively far distances so this should be a very simple solution.

SilentWindODoom

Does anyone have a picture or two of the back of Everest. I've yet to see this eyesore everyone's talking about.

Also, I don't think trees would be a good idea. If you put big trees really close to it, it will completely screw up the forced perspective.

MickeyTigg

Well...

I don't think there is anything wrong with sending the letter...now whether it accomplished anything that they didn't already know or were working on is open for debate. I'm sure Thrawn will agree to moderate the debate.

:rolleyes:

My concern is more with the title of the original post....to say that Expedition Everest is "fixed" or "changed" is premature at best. Until the project is finished anything done at this point is not a "fix".

I will agree though that I'm sure your comment is not the first time they've heard this...so I agree the reply you got is likely a form letter.

TheDisneyGirl02

Thrawn said:

Let us remember that (the queue for) the RnRC is set up so that you can't see the show building.

Thrawn, why do you have to be so mean? There are two ways of saying well, writing them and you never seem to have a positive post. From the tone of your posts, I see you did not choose the nice way of writing things. :brick: Although, I understand your point that E:E is not finished yet and Disney has always done an excellent job with making sure all the details are perfect, I don't see any harm in writing a letter. Was it a personal response to his letter...most likely not, but at least they took the time to send him a response. Like I said before, I do agree with some of the points that you bring up Thrawn, I just wish you could post them in a friendlier and a more welcoming way, especially for new-comers. :wave:

Have a good night! :p

PhilosophyMagic

Thrawn said:
Oh I know they do forward them. But its not like he got a "special" response. Its a form letter.

Yes, EVERY SINGLE complaint and/or suggestions gets literally the same response, althought they probably periodically change the wording.

They even have responses for people who reply to the form letter.

That said, it is certain that they will cover up the show buildings somewhat well before it opens.

Random Note: Did you know that the Indiana Jones Adventure show building is hidden from the upper floors of the Grand Californian by a wall designed to look like trees. It looks so so that I really thought it was trees at first!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom