D'Vine voices debut at Epcot

captain marvel1

nope im dead serious low was used as a pawn by Disney corporate to send a message that Disney would rather to be cheap than to be a great place to visit.

rdour@techminds

Hello,

I'm down here at WDW for the week. I'd love to check this out. I'm blind, so the video isn't telling me much about where I can see this live. Please let me know if possible with a detailed description of the location.

BTW, Martin, if you see a blind dude walking around WDW, that's me. Please introduce yourself if you see me.

RYan

WDW1974

Could it be that management was listening to those who have been complaigning about the loss of Christmas in Disney's Holiday offerings? Even the complaints from so-called apologists?

JT your posts are schizophrenic in nature at best. You talk about Disney management getting rid of offerings that suggest Christmas may actually be a holiday where people worship something (other than money that is). And now you do a 180 (as usual) and say TDO is adding Christmas back.
You have no clue, yet you chose to spin for management. If you wish to have credibility (not with me, but with the fanbois) I'd suggest you pick one viewpoint and not both.

Since you can't be trusted to answer honestly, both questions can only justly be answered with a definite 'yes'!

Disney responds to reasoned requests from it's customers. Rants, whining, petitions and temper tantrums usually get forwarded to the round file. Something you may want to keep in mind in the future.

In my opinion. :xmas:

At least we agree it is a good show.

I answer honestly because I am an honest Spirit. This group wasn't booked in the past few weeks because some people complained that Disney was taking Christmas out of 'the holiday season' ... they likely were booked because they came cheaply!

And Disney, like most corporations today, doesn't respond to anything but bad publicity. Reasoned requests from its customers mean very, very little.:xmas:

Oh, and we don't agree that it's a good show because I haven't experienced it yet (will in just days) ... and you ... well, ... you ... um ... ah ... have you ever been to WDW?:eek::xmas::wave:
:xmas:

TURKEY

Saw them on Saturday at 3:15. Couldn't stand but about half the show.

Even with a live band, it wasn't as Christmassy as I thought it would be. The sound mix was bad for me. I was moving around and moved back and forth and couldn't get a good sound mix as it was very very screechy to me.

I was sorely disappointed in Epcot in general. It was a cool day and felt like Chirstmas, but the decorations didn't put me in the mood. I wasn't going to stand in line to get a seat for Candlelight so I stood in the back.

It wasn't even that good for me. I'd rather listen to the CD I have. It just wasn't there for me.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello,

I'm down here at WDW for the week. I'd love to check this out. I'm blind, so the video isn't telling me much about where I can see this live. Please let me know if possible with a detailed description of the location.

BTW, Martin, if you see a blind dude walking around WDW, that's me. Please introduce yourself if you see me.

RYan

Hi Ryan,

They are located just behind the Fountain of Nations (if facing towards Spaceship Earth). So very close to the entrance of Club Cool.

Have a great trip!

MagliteL13

I have to say I was unimpressed with them (video and live). While, as a group, they are very talented, there was a lack of energy to be felt. It was very nice to see a live band and to see that stage in use. I think they might be a better fit for somewhere else in the resort.

Oh, and I do not see them as a replacement for LoW, as LoW didn't do anything during the day...

s8film40

This was never intended to replace LoW.

Then what "New Experience" is Disney talking about. I agree it's not fair to judge the performers against what is widely considered to be a superior show, but it was Disney's decision to replace LoW with this show. There the ones who opened this show up to that comparison.

Disney said:
Yes…the Lights of Winter canopy has been enjoyed for years. But the technology to operate the lights is obsolete, prompting us to retire the lights and find a new experience.

EPCOT Explorer

Saw them on Saturday at 3:15. Couldn't stand but about half the show.

Even with a live band, it wasn't as Christmassy as I thought it would be. The sound mix was bad for me. I was moving around and moved back and forth and couldn't get a good sound mix as it was very very screechy to me.

I was sorely disappointed in Epcot in general. It was a cool day and felt like Chirstmas, but the decorations didn't put me in the mood. I wasn't going to stand in line to get a seat for Candlelight so I stood in the back.

It wasn't even that good for me. I'd rather listen to the CD I have. It just wasn't there for me.
Gee....Target Quality won't get you in the X-Mas Spirit?:lookaroun:lol:
Then what "New Experience" is Disney talking about. I agree it's not fair to judge the performers against what is widely considered to be a superior show, but it was Disney's decision to replace LoW with this show. There the ones who opened this show up to that comparison.

Disney PR. They spun it to look like that, while there is nothing to look at.:rolleyes::lol:

TURKEY

Gee....Target Quality won't get you in the X-Mas Spirit?:lookaroun:lol:

Nope. WDW is dead to me right now. I had missed it so since leaving in July after 5.5 years as a full time CM.

Now I have no desire to go back for 5 years. I guess having discounted stuff and free admission helped put blinders on me to some of the things that were going on. I didn't have to pay for a ticket or room this time and I still felt grossly overcharged for what I was getting.

EPCOT Explorer

Nope. WDW is dead to me right now. I had missed it so since leaving in July after 5.5 years as a full time CM.

Now I have no desire to go back for 5 years. I guess having discounted stuff and free admission helped put blinders on me to some of the things that were going on. I didn't have to pay for a ticket or room this time and I still felt grossly overcharged for what I was getting.

Wow....I can see where you are coming from, though. WDW is getting stale. Hopefully the new expansion capture your interest again.

captain marvel1

read this if this is true someone needs to knock this person on their butt.

#1555 http://forums.wdwmagic.com/report.php?p=3863442
Today, 10:33
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=39590MythBuster
WDWMAGIC Guest

It was a busy holiday weekend for everywhere except Epcot. They had even CM block out dates for the weekend. MK and Studios were blocked for the holidays and even AK had a block out date, but none for Epcot.

I found out that the LOW cancellation was done by a Entertainment manager, he was responsible for prepping them, painting them, and getting them ready for use, but he came up with a way to cut costs and save money. In fact, I heard he was proud of it also. Maybe he will be expecting a Christmas bonus.

Also, all the years before, after ROE was finished and all the countries remained lit up and they are showing the different christmas wishes on SSE. They would play LOW music as everyone walked out, so now the cut the LOW music also. So now walk out music only lasts a couple of minutes then go to regular BGM. Entertaiment is definitely taking this cost cutting too far.

MythBusterView Public ProfileSend a private message to MythBusterSend email to MythBusterFind all posts by MythBusterAdd MythBuster to Your Contacts

Today, 10:49

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/member.php?u=52135hpyhnt 1000

WDWMAGIC Guest

Quote:

Originally Posted by MythBuster

It was a busy holiday weekend for everywhere except Epcot. They had even CM block out dates for the weekend. MK and Studios were blocked for the holidays and even AK had a block out date, but none for Epcot.

I found out that the LOW cancellation was done by a Entertainment manager, he was responsible for prepping them, painting them, and getting them ready for use, but he came up with a way to cut costs and save money. In fact, I heard he was proud of it also. Maybe he will be expecting a Christmas bonus.

Also, all the years before, after ROE was finished and all the countries remained lit up and they are showing the different christmas wishes on SSE. They would play LOW music as everyone walked out, so now the cut the LOW music also. So now walk out music only lasts a couple of minutes then go to regular BGM. Entertaiment is definitely taking this cost cutting too far.

????!!!!! Are you serious??? Why on earth cut out the holiday music as you leave the park? :brick:Does it really cost that much extra to change the exit music playlist for the holidays? Do the pavilions still remain lit or do they go back to their regular ho-hum lighting too?​

Unbelieveable. So Entertainment wastes hundreds of thousands of dollars on the stupid Tomorrowland Stitch Craptacular stage and I guess this is the result; they cut about half of Epcot's Holiday budget. And that manager guy - if its true he is responsible for the cutting of LoW, he needs to be fired ASAP. Gee, he came up with a way to cut cost and save money. Yep, getting rid of things completely with no replacement will tend to do that. Brillant guy... definitely the brightest bulb on the tree. :rolleyes:

Share in the Spirit of the Season:

Peace on Earth, Goodwill to Men

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=3863457
Page 104 of 104« First<45494102103104
menu_open.gif

jt04

You have no clue, yet you chose to spin for management. If you wish to have credibility (not with me, but with the fanbois) I'd suggest you pick one viewpoint and not both.

I have always understood that you have trouble following any concept that does not include the words "pixie dust" and "fanboi" every other word. You are sounding more and more detached from reality by the day. I tried ignoring you but you keep coming back. Both of your WDWMagic on-line personas are now clear to me. Good riddance.

disreport

I saw D-vine both Friday and Saturday and couldn't have been more underwhelmed. I was nothing more than a typical gospel choir with a band. Woo-hoo. To make matters worse, the equipment out for the band eliminates the fountain show. Poor choice of entertainment for Future World.

WDW1974

Boy, way to put a guy in the mood for 10 days in O-Town!!!:ROFLOL::wave:

I can't ever see myself feeling that way, but I do get where you are coming from.

I'd rather visit any other Disney resort for the holidays (almost did a FF miles run to Hong Kong this week, which would have gotten me to HKDL for a day!), but ultimately WDW is MY home resort. Always has been. I hate noticing all the things that get cut, the drop in quality and Disney Details and the rise in price for a homogenized/Walmarted product. But it IS still WDW.

I guess I'm just going to have to make the best of it!:xmas:

WDW1974

I have always understood that you have trouble following any concept that does not include the words "pixie dust" and "fanboi" every other word. You are sounding more and more detached from reality by the day. I tried ignoring you but you keep coming back. Both of your WDWMagic on-line personas are now clear to me. Good riddance.

Sorry JT, I'm not going anywhere. ... Well, except for WDW. :D:xmas::wave:

EPCOT Explorer

Boy, way to put a guy in the mood for 10 days in O-Town!!!:ROFLOL::wave:

I can't ever see myself feeling that way, but I do get where you are coming from.

I'd rather visit any other Disney resort for the holidays (almost did a FF miles run to Hong Kong this week, which would have gotten me to HKDL for a day!), but ultimately WDW is MY home resort. Always has been. I hate noticing all the things that get cut, the drop in quality and Disney Details and the rise in price for a homogenized/Walmarted product. But it IS still WDW.

I guess I'm just going to have to make the best of it!:xmas:

Yep. Love it, or leave it. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom