DVD is Back!

Katherine

Just thought I'd let everyone know that you can get WDW vacation planning DVD's again! I just ordered one tonight!:sohappy:

DisneyPhD

I ordered mine back before this thread was started. I was getting a little worried so I went on line yesterday and ordered a new one.

It came today in the mail. So far it looks really good, but I haven't had time to look it all over yet.

It has packets for Grand Gatherings and Preschoolers and a vaction planning guide with park maps in.

Heres to happy planning. I think I have less then 50 days to go now (Jan 1st to 7th!) We are so excited.

Upvote 0

Maerj

I got mine today!! Woohoo!!!:sohappy:

My gal pal got hers yesterday and we ordered them on the same day, so I guess you never know when you'll get it. I live in the Northeast so anyone else here should be getting yours soon!

I like it, I wish it would have come with a case for it, but I have extra ones, so that's no big deal. It uses a lot of the same footage as the last one, but it is presented in a different way. Of course it includes Wishes, Mickey's Philharmagic and Mission Space!

The entire thing is hosted by the Asian looking cast member, the 'annoying guy' doesn't make an appearance on this disc at all. It is a very long disc...I don't know how long as its not time coded, but its been playing for a while now.

Lastly, I don't think we are going to have 3 different versions of this disc like we had last year. As it is the Magical Gathreings celebration, its amde to appeal to all age groups. I will double check with my girlfriend's DVD though just to make sure.

Upvote 0

aim

I had ordered mine almost a month and a half ago, if not longer. I have no recieved it yet. So I just ordered a new one. Let's see how long it takes to get here! :lol:

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Well I have had some time to look it over, and we have a winner folks. It is the best so far. Good footage, some repeats of last years, but lots of new stuff. Very cute shots, lots and lots of extras. The interactive maps are really neat, they have full size maps of the parks that have "PAL MICKEYS" in them. (kinda like easter eggs.) Sections for little kids, grown ups, groups, etc...) The resorts also include the Villas for each DVC resort (Beach Club Villas instead of only focusing on Y&B) More atraction previews then last year.

It is a lot of fun, order it today.

We also got our Disney Visa rewards newsletter in the mail yesterday, they were adverstising the new WDW vacation planning kit (in DVD or Video). To get it they say visist disneyworld.com

So order it today, it is really cool (I can't belive it is free!!!! Better then some you pay $ for.)

Upvote 0

Maerj

The video on the DVD is 1 hour and 40 minutes long not counting the introduction when you first put the disc in. This also does not include the interactive map at the end.

As far as different versions go, I sitll don't know. If you order one and tell them you have kids, you get a brochure for what things are good for children, but I don't know if the DVD is any different or not.

Upvote 0

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by WDW*babe
I had ordered mine almost a month and a half ago, if not longer. I have no recieved it yet. So I just ordered a new one. Let's see how long it takes to get here! :lol:

Yeah... I JUST got mine last night... took about a Month and a Half to get it...

Still have not watched it yet... working tons of hours and lack of sleep has prevented me from even cracking open the shrink wrap...lol :wave:

Upvote 0

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by DMC-12
Yeah... I JUST got mine last night... took about a Month and a Half to get it...

Still have not watched it yet... working tons of hours and lack of sleep has prevented me from even cracking open the shrink wrap...lol :wave:

We always get ours at the same time :lol:.

Upvote 0

aim

Does anyone know if they taped some of the footage over the summer? Because when I was there the first week of June, they were filming at MK. And what looked like for the planning video. Can anyone tell me about the footage on Main Street looking towards the Castle? I'm just dying to know! :lol:

Upvote 0

pepsistar

:lookaroun Did anyone find out if there are different ones for people with kids, without etc., like we had for the video's? Or is it the same dvd with a different info package?

How is the video? did anyone get that? are they still making it?

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by pepsistar
:lookaroun Did anyone find out if there are different ones for people with kids, without etc., like we had for the video's? Or is it the same dvd with a different info package?

How is the video? did anyone get that? are they still making it?

There is so much on it, they seemed to have inculded everything for everyone. There is a few different pull out pamplets and different catagories on the DVD.

Don't know when they did the fliming. They did use some clips from last years DVD (and 2 years ago.)

I don't ask for much in life, but someday I dream to be in the WDW vactation planing DVD, I would be GREAT!!!!!!!!! (and my DD is cute too, what more can you ask for?) Someday I tell you, it will happnen.

Upvote 0

Maerj

Originally posted by pepsistar

There are NO seperate versions this time. I had one sent to my grandfather and one to my girlfriend and one to myself. The DVDs are all the same this time. The only difference in packaging was with my girlfriends. We told them she had kids so they gave her an extra brochure about things to do with little kids at WDW.

There are sections on the DVD for kids, adults, thrill seekers, so they covered everything with the one disk. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

MikeVarney

Got my DVD on Friday...

We got our DVD on Friday and watched it with the kids yesterday. It's all updated with the "Magical Gatherings" info. I thought it was rather well set up. It's got chapters for each park, Pal Mickey, FASTPASS, etc. Then they have a section where you can see promos for various rides (only about 8 or so) which included some original film promos for Pirates. Then they included park maps, etc.

I second the opinion that (at least at this point) there are not any other versions. This one seemed pretty generic.

Worth the order.

-- Mike

Upvote 0

blm07

I got it also, there are 2 bars that are always going to be on the top and bottom at all times that mix in with the menu. It has more attraction previews, and it comes in a cardboard case (DVD not properly stored either). This DVD might have been put toghether than the other DVD, but I like the other one more. Then again, I've only watched it for a few minutes.

Upvote 0

Nineinchnailsmk

The new planning DVD is THE BEST! It makes me feel like I shouldn't have paid the 29.99 for the keepsake video..lol

As people have said, it includes the following:

"new" footage of many of the attractions. For example, they did away with the old tower of terror footage of the kids standing in the elevator. It now shows the ride itself. There is also a preview of Mickey's Philharmagic, and a preview of Saratoga Springs resort. Included is a preview of Mission Space (the same one included with the Pirates of the Caribbean DVD).

It also has a more indepth map area with maps of EVERY theme park with spots to click on that has a "pal mickey" telling you different information. Kind of a little demonstration of the pal mickey.

It has its own funky widescreen. (you have to see it, its hard to explain). It also includes full motion videos of the hotels!!! Nothing like the pictures from the last planning DVD.

I must say it was well worth the wait. There is over an hour of video on this DVD and lots of interactive features. This is something most people would purchase i think.

It seemed like the ride previews were trying to promote different areas. There is a preview of ASIA, and a couple others (that i cant remember off hand).

They focus heavily on the "gatherings" of people. I joked with my fiancee saying that "yea, you promote groups of 8 or more saying it will make the whole family happy, but in the end, its just Disney making more money...lol" :drevil: Hey, Disney making more money is fine with me. I have stock!!!! :)

Run out and order one today!!!

Hope that helped, and sorry if i recapped previous posts. My DSL doesnt come till friday so i didnt have 2 hours for my dialup to load the previous pages. My apologies. I know some people get mad when you recap or post stuff that has been posted before....

:zipit:

Upvote 0

Heyyall

Mine came in 3 weeks, the day i came back:brick:
The new DVD is really cool...the map section is awesome, and finally has a whole information thing on every resort, which is cool!

:xmas:

Upvote 0

cbjlshaw

"Funky" widescreen

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk

It has its own funky widescreen. (you have to see it, its hard to explain).

Not sure if you guys are seeing the same widescreen that I am, but those are Hidden Mickey's!

The swirls come together to form the head and ears, however some of them are upside down as they progress along the screen. ie. one up, one down, one up, one down.

I have even traced the pattern off the big screen t.v. and am going to try and use it as a border along the roof line in the kitchen.

Go Disney!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom