DVC Webcast

raiden

Original Poster
So i tried to log in tonight for my session at 7:30pm central time but it would never load the videos on the website. I did the system checks multiple times this week and I passed everything. I tried to reload the site but said link was broken. I guess im out of the litho:( Anyone watch tonight?

gwhb75

I saw it today at 7:00. It was interesting. They had an imagineer discussing the FL expansion for a bit, they showed a promo for the Disney Dream ship, and did some stories about DVC members. Overall not a bad way to spend 40 minutes.

kachow85

We had the same problem, I was able to log in around 7:55 central, after trying multiple times. The video started around 8 central then quickly stopped, and nothing since.

roylr

We had the same problem as the rest. I hope they are aware of the people who were left out even though they tried.

Tinkermommy

Can we still sign up to watch it, or are we out of luck? How do I sign up? We are fairly new DVC members so I don't have all the know how yet.

fredrickr

Missed the start of the 7pm EDT presentation, called toll-free number on the screen and was told that I could watch the 8:30pm EDT show. Never could get that one to start, all I got was a re-direct error. Called tech support and was told that there would be one last presentation at 10pm EDT. For the 10pm show, I logged-in at about 9:40pm. At 9:50 I got a count-down clock in the viewer window and at 10 everything was just fine. When I looked at the confirmation email later, I noticed that it said to log in 15-20 minutes before the start of the show. I think that's the secret, log in early and get your place in the queue, don't wait until just before showtime. The servers can't handle all that traffic at one time.

BTW, it was really fun to watch, concept art for the FL expansion, some that I hadn't seen before. They did mention something about the S.S. Member cruise in 2011 being on the new Disney Dream. I missed when they said you could book, guess I'll just have to call member services. Just wish that they had said something about the Hawaii project. Maybe next show.
:sohappy:

luvlifeinfl

Ours is tonight and we also recieved a call from DVC, lat night reminding us, they said in the message to login at least 10min prior to the webcast.

raiden

Original Poster
Just got an email that I can reschedule my webcast because of the problems they were having with them. They blamed it on Goofy, seriously.
And I still get the litho:)

BiggerTigger

It was a pain to log into the site, over 30 minutes before I was logged in. I did finally start watching the presentation about half way through. At the end I did replay the video over. It was very interesting. I just hope I qualified for the litho still. I did receive the email state that I could re-register for a different time.
I'll just have to wait and see if I get the litho. So tempted to add more points, but I'll wait until my life allows more relaxing time than I currently have.

raiden

Original Poster
The only thing they did not mention or go into detail about was Hawaii:shrug:.

Yes I thought that was very strange. Maybe they are just worried about it taking sales of the other resorts available now so people wont hold out till Hawaii to purchase :shrug:

They didnt say anything about the litho being sent out. Anyone have any info?

They did have some new artwork for Dueling Dumbos and I believe Auroras Cottage(would that be AC or should we leave that for the Adventures Club XD)

melissw

I didn't feel like I learned anything new about DVC (been busy doing my research!) but the expansion info and Dream cruise ship info were interesting.

raiden

Original Poster
I didn't feel like I learned anything new about DVC (been busy doing my research!) but the expansion info and Dream cruise ship info were interesting.

I think it was just to get members excited

2 words: Aqua Duck or is that one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom