DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

dgp602

This HAS to kick start some type of Imagination Pavilion / Ride update, doesn't it? If you are bringing this many DVC owners to one place, I would assume you want a top notch, state of the art pavilion?

munchiezxx

I did not notice any glaring mold or other cleanliness issues when we were up there on the Undiscovered Future World tour a few months ago. In fact it was almost disturbingly well maintaned for something that has been sitting abandoned for 15+ years. The remains of the surprisingly-intact Coloring Book room and the Rainbow Tunnel were without any dust or cobwebs which suggests they still have someone cleaning up there regularly.
Wait. I thought they didn't take you upstairs anymore for the undiscovered future world tour?

Weston Wallace

Wait. I thought they didn't take you upstairs anymore for the undiscovered future world tour?
No. Right up until they began construction on the DVC lounge the abandoned ImageWorks was used as a quiet place were the tour guide could spiel about the history of Epcot. I can confirm this as of last December.

munchiezxx

No. Right up until they began construction on the DVC lounge the abandoned ImageWorks was used as a quiet place were the tour guide could spiel about the history of Epcot. I can confirm this as of last December.
Hmm. I wonder if they would take you up there on the tour after the lounge is done?
Maybe if I ask very politely.

note2001

Could we keep the discussion on one thread to topic please? DVC Lounge. There is nothing political or social about it. It's a room with some seats and soda. End of story (and about as thrilling a story as that of JII itself these days.)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
This HAS to kick start some type of Imagination Pavilion / Ride update, doesn't it? If you are bringing this many DVC owners to one place, I would assume you want a top notch, state of the art pavilion?

They just want to act like a used car salesman and sell you more points (and here have a free coke while you wait). That's all really

raven

True. I did not go up there. But when we were there in April, the circular staircase that leads up to the "abandoned" area is not sealed off (staircase lobby), except for some rope barriers. So, I too have a tough time believing that they would let a Moldy room stay open to guest areas. Even though guests cannot go upstairs normally, they would have had to seal it off so that it did not spread mold out into guest areas. since, the air is free to roam about the entire upper and lower areas. LOL. Sounds like the Mold rumors came from some bad sources. Pun intended. :hilarious:

Unless however the mold references are for other areas upstairs that have been sealed off.

The DVC lounge will not be in those mold-ridden areas but there is indeed mold in some of those rooms toward the back of the 2nd floor. They are still unused for the most part save for some storage and maintenance usage.

JohnWD

They just want to act like a used car salesman and sell you more points (and here have a free coke while you wait). That's all really

"And you'll never believe these great deals that come if you only purchase the next vacation package up. I mean, the benefits are well worth it."
From your point of view! However, I enjoy hearing about the current options, and they never have come across poorly to me.

FigmentJedi

"And you'll never believe these great deals that come if you only purchase the next vacation package up. I mean, the benefits are well worth it."

"Your trip is free but first you have to attend this meeting"

P_Radden

From Twitter, view of Spaceship Earth from the lounge in Imagination:
CjY8FeyXIAA5wNz.jpg large.jpe

Another view of the lounge:
CjY7sBIWYAAOwgr.jpg large.jpe

CjY8u5SWgAAJwhq.jpg large.jpe

Although I will not be able to go up there, I'm really happy to see this area back open.

Rteetz

The lounge will be open from 10-6 and will not be on park guide maps. There is a children's area with Disney infinity and a TV with cartoons. Then there is coke free style machines and a keurig for enjoyment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom