DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

Imagineerwannabe

I hope this will be bigger than the salon mickey shareholder lounge at Disneyland Paris...

img_6274.jpg

SpaceMountain77

Given the lines and crowds that amass around the American Adventure Pavilion when Chase offers their cardholders lounge, I suspect this will be an ordeal. Honestly, I would rather wait 60 minutes to meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall then wait 60 minutes for a free fountain drink and the opportunity to discuss timeshare ownership with a vacation club guide.

andysol

While I love the cynicism of the posters on this site- I do have to say that I'm all for this- seeing as I'm a DVC member.
The beach bash at Typhoon lagoon in 2015 was fantastic. Top notch production with rides open, Mickey bars, snacks, drinks, character M&Gs, all free.
It was so well done that I'll be taking a night off my universal trip in September just so I can go to the animal kingdom one. Love the DVC. wouldn't pay $160/pt "love", but the $75 I got in for a couple years back I'll take. These perks just sweeten the pot :)
Now for that ticket deal, I can only dream they'd ever do the $399 PAP Again. So likely the$199 4 park pass

MaxW

so will the lounge completely demolish the upstairs remnants? or will it be reinvigorated to coincide with a refurb? ;)

Horizons1

While I love the cynicism of the posters on this site- I do have to say that I'm all for this- seeing as I'm a DVC member.
The beach bash at Typhoon lagoon in 2015 was fantastic. Top notch production with rides open, Mickey bars, snacks, drinks, character M&Gs, all free.
It was so well done that I'll be taking a night off my universal trip in September just so I can go to the animal kingdom one. Love the DVC. wouldn't pay $160/pt "love", but the $75 I got in for a couple years back I'll take. These perks just sweeten the pot :)
Now for that ticket deal, I can only dream they'd ever do the $399 PAP Again. So likely the$199 4 park pass
While you're entitled to benefits with what you pay for the product you have bought, I strongly disagree that this pace should be used for a DVC lounge. If they converted the lounges in the top of The Land for DVC that would be one thing, but this is entirely different. This is a lazy, haphazard, careless, and cheap use of a space that could easily be revitalized and enhanced for ALL guests in a pavilion that is already lackluster to the point of sadness. I am sorry, but this is not a proper or worthy replacement for this space. Give DVC memebrs nice perks, but do it somewhere else.

SpaceMountain77

While you're entitled to benefits with what you pay for the product you have bought, I strongly disagree that this pace should be used for a DVC lounge. If they converted the lounges in the top of The Land for DVC that would be one thing, but this is entirely different. This is a lazy, haphazard, careless, and cheap use of a space that could easily be revitalized and enhanced for ALL guests in a pavilion that is already lackluster to the point of sadness. I am sorry, but this is not a proper or worthy replacement for this space. Give DVC memebrs nice perks, but do it somewhere else.

I, too, wondered why Imagination was chosen over The Land. I had thought that the original Kraft lounge was larger. Moreover, the former executive space in The Land would not be a loss for guests.

Fox&Hound

So does this put to rest any of the imagination renovation rumors? How sad, even as a DVC member who could use this space. The real way to make a DVC member feel special? Put money into the parks for new rides and experiences so we can more enjoy the parks we have pledged to visit for the next 40 some years with our DVC points. I know there are a lot of upcoming projects but Epcot needs some love and this is not it.

WDWdream97

I really do wonder if this idea will spread to all 4 parks. Maybe they are doing it as a peace offering to the DVC members who are not feeling they are getting enough magical perks of being in DVC.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Minor things like this cost little but go a long way to making members feel appreciated. Disney should do more "little" things like this for guests like DVC members and AP holders.

I'll believe it when I see it, Disney does squat for DVC members except raise their member fees whilst cutting back services to members.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom