DVC Member Lounge Coming to Imagination!

doctornick

Not likely. Epcot has a glut of show buildings not currently being used for anything other than event space, so a few square feet for something like this is trivial.

It would be interesting if development of such stuff was taken into account with future builds in the parks. Not just DVC, but also the potential for APs, Chase credit card holders (they have a temp one during F&W)or even the long considered east coast version of Club 33. I mean, wouldn't it be cool to have some sort of a DVC lounge space built among the construction in Pandora or Star Wars Experience?

Not that I expect it, but there would be a logic to having DVC lounges in the parks as a way of promoting a "benefit" for that product while also providing something for established owners who have felt their benefits be squeezed over the years.

dreamfinder

It would be interesting if development of such stuff was taken into account with future builds in the parks. Not just DVC, but also the potential for APs, Chase credit card holders (they have a temp one during F&W)or even the long considered east coast version of Club 33. I mean, wouldn't it be cool to have some sort of a DVC lounge space built among the construction in Pandora or Star Wars Experience?

For a while they did. Many of the attractions that were sponsored have some sort of lounge space. Many pavillions in Epcot had sponsor lounges, and I believe there a few in MK as well (AAA used one for Storytime w/Belle and I think FedEx had one at Space Mountain). But with them seeming to have such problems getting someone to fully sponsor an attraction, along with the previously mentioned glut of space in Epcot, I can't see it coming back in any sort of meaningful way.

Gringrinngghost

After reading thru the threads, i couldnt help but thought id help out to recreate the idea on how this would work, while the other exhibits are still there, but mostly it would be covered with a temporary wall - correct?

I took these 2 images that was in a few pages back.. See Attached, its pretty close what it would look like.
I enhanced upon your photo, and I can safely say that it all the exhibits should be there.

Attachments

• Journey+11+Image+LayoutDVC.jpg
    Journey+11+Image+LayoutDVC.jpg
    406.8 KB · Views: 207

note2001

I was just in Epcot two days back, didn't realize the lounge was open, but did notice during bright sunlit hours that the smaller right side glass pyramid as you're looking up at the area (the part that is closed off and not a part of the new DVC lounge) was looking horribly grungy. Is that due to the mold/mildew that has been referred to?

DznyRktekt

And honestly....I doubt this stays open beyond the year. It is billed as an anniversary celebration item. Not a full time lounge.
A year is about long enough for the angled walls/ ramps to be covered with the footprints of the little ones who are bored waiting for their parents to charge their phones. Glad the space is being used once again, at least a portion of it.

Last edited:

WWWD

Whoa whoa whoa, take it easy comrade. You get the privilege of paying ever increasing maintenece fees, little to no discounts on food/merch/park tickets, and um? Other things!!! And now you want free soda?!?!?

It's not like I'm asking for a 44oz Big Gulp that says "I got this ice cold drink for free in the DVC Member Lounge" that I can carry around EPCOT.

Fox&Hound

This is cool but I wonder if it will stop Disney from renovating this pavilion. Disney execs be like "We could gut the building and make a trackless Inside Out ride with a figment cameo that would really showcase the imagination pavilion, buuuuuuuut, we did just spend that money on the lounge, so...."

No Name

It looks nice. I like the complementary beverages. Is it well air conditioned?

Glad they're at least using the space for something. Hopefully the pavilion will really be improved one day.

Next Big Thing

This is cool but I wonder if it will stop Disney from renovating this pavilion. Disney execs be like "We could gut the building and make a trackless Inside Out ride with a figment cameo that would really showcase the imagination pavilion, buuuuuuuut, we did just spend that money on the lounge, so...."
The DVC members paid for this lounge, this is not something out of Disney's usual park budget.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom