Dumbo re-opening date pushed back to March 31

hpyhnt 1000

So only the Barnstormer and train station are opening? Why not just leave the area closed til April and save the headache of having people wandering through a construction site? :shrug:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So only the Barnstormer and train station are opening? Why not just leave the area closed til April and save the headache of having people wandering through a construction site? :shrug:

I would assume that they aren't going to open any part of Storybook Circus until the March 31st date. Dumbo keeps being singled out because it's listed on the parks calendar as a refurb with a re-opening date.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster

I would say nothing will open until March 31, with the exception of some possible soft opens.

BigThunderMatt

I wouldn't be surprised if they DID just open with Barnstormer and the train station. At least having a station there will help more evenly spread out flow throughout the park.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

If that's the biggest issue, they wouldn't open anything until 2014!

jcldtrek

Delays , delays, gotta love construction lol. Is it just me or does it seem their slowing down on getting this project done. It's funny watching videos from the past when they showed they built Disneyland in less than a year and they can't do a little expansion in this day and age on time. I'm willing to bet the rest of the expansion will be delayed probably till mid or late 2013.

Ignohippo

Delays , delays, gotta love construction lol. Is it just me or does it seem their slowing down on getting this project done. It's funny watching videos from the past when they showed they built Disneyland in less than a year and they can't do a little expansion in this day and age on time. I'm willing to bet the rest of the expansion will be delayed probably till mid or late 2013.

I couldn't disagree more. All that's left outside is finishing work, and an enormous amount of work has been done on SWMT in just a couple of months. You have to think there' a lot of work going on right now inside the buildings.

I'm just wondering when the third tent will appear. The thing I don't understand is why they didn't step up work on CircusLand to get at least the shop, interactive Dumbo queue, Casey's snack train, and water play area ready for the first opening. Just opening the one Dumbo (without interactive queue), Barnstormer and train station are not much to get excited about.

If they're going to miss the Spring Break season entirely anyway, they may as well wait until there is more to open.

siwash23

Why does the official Disney Calender on their website still show March 12th? Did Disney put something else out yet showing 3/31?

The daily calender shows this:
"Operational Updates
• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Closed For Refurbishment [Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, May 27]
• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Closed For Refurbishment [Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, March 11]
• Liberty Square Riverboat
Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, April 16 - Sunday, May 20]
"

The weekly calender for all the parks shows this:

"Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - Closed For Refurbishment [ Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, May 27 ]
Dumbo the Flying Elephant - Closed For Refurbishment [ Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, March 11 ]
Liberty Square Riverboat - Closed For Refurbishment [ Monday, April 16 - Sunday, May 20 ]
"

ToTBellHop

I couldn't disagree more. All that's left outside is finishing work, and an enormous amount of work has been done on SWMT in just a couple of months. You have to think there' a lot of work going on right now inside the buildings.

I'm just wondering when the third tent will appear. The thing I don't understand is why they didn't step up work on CircusLand to get at least the shop, interactive Dumbo queue, Casey's snack train, and water play area ready for the first opening. Just opening the one Dumbo (without interactive queue), Barnstormer and train station are not much to get excited about.

If they're going to miss the Spring Break season entirely anyway, they may as well wait until there is more to open.

They aren't going to. If this opens on 3/31, that is just in time for the super busy week before and week after Easter.

Why does the official Disney Calender on their website still show March 12th? Did Disney put something else out yet showing 3/31?

"Operational Updates
• Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Closed For Refurbishment [Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, May 27]
• Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Closed For Refurbishment [Thursday, March 01 - Sunday, March 11]
• Liberty Square Riverboat
Closed For Refurbishment [Monday, April 16 - Sunday, May 20]
"

That refurb schedule is notoriously wrong. They just haven't updated it yet.

Vernonpush

I wouldn't be surprised if they DID just open with Barnstormer and the train station. At least having a station there will help more evenly spread out flow throughout the park.

The Barnstormer could open easily.
"The New and Improved Dumbo" will have all those "interactive NextGen queue elements" that may not be finished yet. Then there will probably be a whole lot of training for the CMs regarding moving people through the whole "new experience" (and even more when the other half opens). I have a feeling that they will "soft-open" Dumbo as soon as they can. They don't want to "RUIN" too may people's vacations with it being closed.

britdaw

OMG PLEASE let this ride open before we leave on 4/1.... My 4-year-old is going to be crushed if she can't ride Dumbo! Seriously, it is the ONLY thing she has consistently told us she wants to ride when we go. :(

ADP2

Snow White isn't closing until May
Oops! :p
You see....This is how rumors get started. May and March are so much alike. I meant to say how the opening of Dumbo coincides with the inagural voyage of the Fantasy. :) Because those two are sooooooo related. :ROFLOL:

Vernonpush

OMG PLEASE let this ride open before we leave on 4/1.... My 4-year-old is going to be crushed if she can't ride Dumbo! Seriously, it is the ONLY thing she has consistently told us she wants to ride when we go. :(

And this is why they will try to get Dumbo open ASAP!

Darn it! I'm gonna be there on the 16th to the 21st! My boyfriend has never done an amusement park ever and Dumbo was going to be a great way to get his feet wet. Ah well, plan B! I hope I can still get on Barnstormer to please my inner six-year-old. She's been whispering about reliving that experience so badly. :)

This bites. Well there's always next time. Gotta save up for the next vacation for the Mine Train.

Vernonpush

Darn it! I'm gonna be there on the 16th to the 21st! My boyfriend has never done an amusement park ever and Dumbo was going to be a great way to get his feet wet. Ah well, plan B! I hope I can still get on Barnstormer to please my inner six-year-old. She's been whispering about reliving that experience so badly. :)

This bites. Well there's always next time. Gotta save up for the next vacation for the Mine Train.

My first time back to WDW since 1971 was when they had that awful "birthday cake" on Cindy's Castle. That's when I started to "save up for the next vacation". LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom