Dumbo & Main Street Updates

D

Deleted member 107043

I don’t understand why they couldn’t get a head start with taller trees/ hedges?

The low hedge makes me think there's a railing or some kind of decorative low fencing intended to go there that has been delayed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ismael Flores

I really don't think the removal of the tree would help much and it would destroy the feel of the area.

The tree itself is in a large garden area right against the Indy queue. In front of the tree is even more landscaped area and water features that continue up to the walkway in adventureland. The removal of some of that garden might help but not the removal of the tree.

Also the entrance stairs to the tree that holds the hanging bridge does not take any space of the walkway that leads from adventureland into New Orleans water front. That pathway width is the same from start to finish because that stump is actually on the incline that leads to the pirates bridge. The trashcans and strollers that are put against the bridge wall and railing actually are the ones that create the bottleneck.
View attachment 281726

where the entrance queue for the treehouse does take up space is leading to the bridge. Even then the bridge was designed with a curvature so that the width of the bridge stayed the same allowing for the planter to be added that holds the stump.
where the bottle neck happens there is that people stop in that area and mingle creating confusion of guests trying to pass. what could help is the removal of a protruding segment of the planter themselves. The biggest section being on the south side of the walkway closest to the tree.

here you could see the section along with the rock bench. If that rock bench and curved section of the planter was made smaller there would be a more direct access to the bridge without altering the look of the area so drastically as removing the tree

View attachment 281728

Anyone remember this conversation?

Looks like maybe someone was reading this and the adjustments to the walkway have been made. The rock benches and small area of landscape were trimmed back to widen the path in this area. Now its a more direct walk to the Pirates bridge without the bottleneck of the bench.

Funny i had done a similar suggestion few years back about the wasted muppet queue being a great place for a seating area of award weiners. few months later the window was turned into an entry way and the wasted queue become seating area. Looks like some people at Disney do read some of these posts.

mickEblu

So it looks like Dumbo and Casey Jr are going down for a long refurb this winter/ spring. I wonder if they ll address the infamous blue wall? Maybe they were waiting for the spring season to plant some particular type of trees? Why would Dumbo be down for such a long refurb after just going down for such an extended period last year?

SSG

Original Poster
So it looks like Dumbo and Casey Jr are going down for a long refurb this winter/ spring. I wonder if they ll address the infamous blue wall? Maybe they were waiting for the spring season to plant some particular type of trees? Why would Dumbo be down for such a long refurb after just going down for such an extended period last year?
Adding a Danny DeVito AA.

mickEblu

Adding a Danny DeVito AA.

LOL oh God no. The Live action remake didn’t cross my mind. I’m scared now. Not for a Danny Devito AA (which would be scary and wonderful to see once) but for any dumb movie tie in that doesn’t belong. The long refurb and the timing of the movie coincide perfectly. Yikes. What could they really do though?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom