dumbest disney ride ever built

MrPromey

Originally posted by nWo_Thunder
You can say I do not like gays. The best was when one of my Disney clubs got bombarded by gays starting what I called a Gay War. It was unbelievable all over a comment I made stating, "The new Epcot Sign looks gay" Because I refused to apologize to gay people who said that statement offend them they started a boycott to get my club and me off Yahoo. What a waste of time that was for them.

I loved deleting them one by one off the club. Blocking their E-mail address so I did not need to hear them complaining. It got to the point where I did apologize and that was not good enough so then I had to get Yahoo involved and they started to kick people out. I still didn't understand why if Gay's are so proud to be Gay why didn't they just say "Your right that sign is Gay it's the best looking sign there is" Then that gay guy posted that Aids comment that started another flair up only because I said I do not feel sorry for people who get Aids. I did say, "I do feel sorry for the ones who are born with it or got it through a Blood Transfusion." Why should I feel sorry for someone who goes out, has ***, and gets Aids? It is a lifestyle disease and they know what they are doing if they take the chance they deserve what they get and I will not feel bad for them. I didn't bring it up the gay guy did and even when I said this is a Disney Club not a Gay or Aids club that ed the Gays off more.

That makes me a bad person. Oh well.

I do have to mention that you did say, "Disney does nothing to encourage or discourage the gay community...its safer to stay "neutral""

What is Gay Days at Disney? They do not encourage it but they have an Annual Event at the Park called Gay Days at Disney.

Besides, they do not even let people who plan online or over the phone that they are having Gay Days at the parks when they go.

That is underhanded right there. I mean I went to Disney on a Gay Day unaware it was Gay Days. This being before it was made public and made the press. I went on the Haunted Mansion and I refused to sit by a Gay person. The gay person sitting in the coach was saying, "its ok I won't bit" in that gay voice. I swear to God I wanted to beat the crap out of him. The CM told me "I had to sit with him he couldn't go alone" I guess he must have been gay too as the one guy said "There is a difference between being Gay (Which is the majority of male cast members)" So I left the ride, went to Guest Services Yelled and Screamed, went home called Disney Services yelled more, then wrote all The Executives letters about what I went through.

As for Captain EO, you said, "Captain EO was NOT closed because of MJ's molestation case..." Disney can say it did not close for that reason but it has is very odd that when that scandal went public Captain EO was closed in less then a month.

Since you know, why don't you fill me in on why it was?

Let me guess, "It was too outdated and no one was going to see it anymore so Disney wanted to redo it."

Mike

Disney does not sponsor “gay day” any more than it sponsors any other large tourist group that choose to visit the parks at once. Personally, I’d rather deal with a bunch of people in red shirts on “gay day” than a Brazilian teen tour group any time. While I myself am not gay, I know people who are and I can assure you that the vast majority of people choosing that lifestyle are not the ***ual predators that many homophobic people make them out to be. That being said, I have no idea about what you are saying in regards to the incident in the haunted mansion. I have NEVER been forced into a 2-3 seat ride vehicle with a stranger EVER and I used to go to the parks alone quite a bit. Personally, I would be upset if a cast member were to insist this after I had objected under any circumstances. It is true that Disney makes preparations for “gay day” though. They are told in advance when it will be and they make sure that there is enough staffing on hand as they would for any large group. They also have a ready supply of t-shirts that they give to other guests who wander into the park unsuspecting in a red shirt for the day if they feel uncomfortable. This isn’t a sign of Disney’s support for anything. It’s taking proper proactive measures to make that day in the park as enjoyable as possible for EVERYONE who has purchased a ticket. I have never seen a shirt sold at Disney saying “gay day” on it. For that matter they have never come out with a collectable pin or coffee mug or hat for it, either yet they see special merchandise for ALL of their sponsored events such as Grad Night, the Osborne lights, Night of Joy and so on.

Captain EO did not close down less than a month after the Michael Jackson controversy began, either. I remember being in there during the whole thing and somebody asking if they were planning to close it down and at the time, the cast member gave a very light response to the question – obviously dodging the issue at the heart of the question. The Honey I Shrunk The Audience movie that replaced it required EXTENSIVE work on the show building to add the effects to the seats as well as the movement felt during one of the scenes. This was not an overnight replacement for Capt. EO. Although, I am not the person you were responding to, I will venture to guess that they replaced it because it was in fact getting outdated. That movie had a nice long run in that theater that went well beyond the Michael Jackson fad era. Like the movie before it (Magic Journeys, which went on for a while longer in MK), Cat EO was starting to look dated. Michael Jackson’s mega-stardom had faded and the costumes and hair styles of everyone in it were telling of its age. It’s also worth pointing out that this was a sponsored attraction. Kodak was and still is a sponsor of it. Since they were the ones that shelled out the money for the upgrades to the theater and the making of the new movie, I’m sure we would have seen a much cheaper replacement had the change over been a rush job that they weren’t fully supportive of. If you don’t believe me, you need only to look in the same building to see what a rushed job with little support from the same sponsor gets you.

NowInc

You can say I do not like gays. The best was when one of my Disney clubs got bombarded by gays starting what I called a Gay War. It was unbelievable all over a comment I made stating, "The new Epcot Sign looks gay" Because I refused to apologize to gay people who said that statement offend them they started a boycott to get my club and me off Yahoo. What a waste of time that was for them.

I loved deleting them one by one off the club. Blocking their E-mail address so I did not need to hear them complaining. It got to the point where I did apologize and that was not good enough so then I had to get Yahoo involved and they started to kick people out. I still didn't understand why if Gay's are so proud to be Gay why didn't they just say "Your right that sign is Gay it's the best looking sign there is" Then that gay guy posted that Aids comment that started another flair up only because I said I do not feel sorry for people who get Aids. I did say, "I do feel sorry for the ones who are born with it or got it through a Blood Transfusion." Why should I feel sorry for someone who goes out, has ***, and gets Aids? It is a lifestyle disease and they know what they are doing if they take the chance they deserve what they get and I will not feel bad for them. I didn't bring it up the gay guy did and even when I said this is a Disney Club not a Gay or Aids club that ed the Gays off more.

I do have to mention that you did say, "Disney does nothing to encourage or discourage the gay community...its safer to stay "neutral""

What is Gay Days at Disney? They do not encourage it but they have an Annual Event at the Park called Gay Days at Disney.

Besides, they do not even let people who plan online or over the phone that they are having Gay Days at the parks when they go.

That is underhanded right there. I mean I went to Disney on a Gay Day unaware it was Gay Days. This being before it was made public and made the press. I went on the Haunted Mansion and I refused to sit by a Gay person. The gay person sitting in the coach was saying, "its ok I won't bit" in that gay voice. I swear to God I wanted to beat the crap out of him. The CM told me "I had to sit with him he couldn't go alone" I guess he must have been gay too as the one guy said "There is a difference between being Gay (Which is the majority of male cast members)" So I left the ride, went to Guest Services Yelled and Screamed, went home called Disney Services yelled more, then wrote all The Executives letters about what I went through.

As for Captain EO, you said, "Captain EO was NOT closed because of MJ's molestation case..." Disney can say it did not close for that reason but it has is very odd that when that scandal went public Captain EO was closed in less then a month.

Let me guess, "It was too outdated and no one was going to see it anymore so Disney wanted to redo it."

Mike

Do you pride yourself on making up false information???

I mean seriously..EVERYTHING you said in that post was COMPLETLY untrue and based on YOUR opinion...

NowInc

What was untrue you must know it all. Fill me in on my Misinformation.

Go ahead. I need to be corrected so start correcting my Misinformation.

Captain EO closed because of the scandal. There is not doubt there. When the scandal happened Disney Announced on the news that Captain EO was being removed at Epcot, they even went as far as to say it wasn't because of the Scandal.

I guess that's wrong.

What else was wrong please correct me.

Mike

Do yourself a favor and do some RESEARCH before you go and post crap like that..

It closed LONG after the scandal buisness was over with....

your statment is kind of like saying that disney will close down Carousel of Progress because Disney was a smoker...it makes NO sence..

NowInc

2 months that's a long time.

Mike

Captain EO closed = 7/6/94

Scandal = August 23rd, 1993

I dont know about where you come from.but thats a LOT longer than 2 months...

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by NowInc

Captain EO closed = 7/6/94

Scandal = August 23rd, 1993

I dont know about where you come from.but thats a LOT longer than 2 months...

Now, I have to play Devil's advocate here. Is it possible that the scandal may have been the final deciding factor in closing Capt EO? Perhaps it had been in the works, but things were speeded up after the scandal broke? Could you both be a little bit right, and a little bit wrong? ;) (or maybe not)

NowInc

Originally posted by marciahahn

Now, I have to play Devil's advocate here. Is it possible that the scandal may have been the final deciding factor in closing Capt EO? Perhaps it had been in the works, but things were speeded up after the scandal broke? Could you both be a little bit right, and a little bit wrong? ;) (or maybe not)

well mom...it sure wouldnt of HELPED keep it open..but it was on the dead list even before it closed. It was open for a looooong time and was starting to look a little dated... the "scandal" may of just prompted them to do something about it before people starting linking the 2 incidents (does that make sence?)

nWo_Blunder

Mike

I was just upset I didn't get molested. Mommy tells me I am a big boy. I just posted this because I didn't want my secert to come out. I am gay, please don't tell my mommy she will be made, because I took off my Watch, Shoes, & Sunglasses :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love that line "I wear a watch, shoes, & sunglasses"

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
This past visit, when we first got to WDW and checked in, we headed over to the MK. The very first ride we went on was the Alien Encounter. Now, I had heard some pretty good things about it, so was naturally excited to try it out. Man, I found it to be incredibly lame. I couldn't see where the appeal was. Sure, it was dark, there were flashes of light, some puffs of wind on your neck, etc, etc.....none of which added up to anything remotely scary though. Even the alien itself wasn't one of the more convincing animatronic figures I'd see in DW. But.....I would have to say I dislike Jungle Cruise even more. There is nothing good about that ride whatsoever. The animatronics are horrible, the humor just isn't there, and it really is a waste of time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom